Thread: [Guide Request] - How to play as more then one faction? (Hotseat?)

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

Default [Guide Request] - How to play as more then one faction? (Hotseat?)

I was wondering if any kind soul could point me to a guide on how to play as say all the good factions at a time, Ive heard it being said a lot in some threads, but how is this done?

A guide or link would be brill.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Guide Request] - How to play as more then one faction? (Hotseat?)

it took me a while to recollect where I saw something similar.. it was here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Lord-s-Hordes

I think you can ask AdmiralThrawn for more info on how he did, he should be active ATM

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

Cheers for the heads up Flinn, ill ask as soon as i have TATW Re-Installed, i managed to bugger it up by trying to overwrite perilicous sub mod with MOS without reinstalled TATW, ><

+Rep for your help
    Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product.

It's actually quite easy:
    1. Open the game, go to Multiplayer and click Hotseat Campaign.
    2. Select the factions you want to play. Pay attention here, because the icon of chosen factions lights up a little bit.
    For example, if you want to play High Elves and Mordor, you can first select High Elves by clicking High Elves and then clicking Mordor. You will notice that, although Mordor is selected, the High Elves banner still lights up. This means the faction is selected for multiplayer. To remove a selection, simply click the banner again.
    Note:Before you start, double-check if Gondor is selected. I think it is auto-selected for hotseat games, so you might want to remove that manually.
    3. Click Start to begin your hotseat campaign and enjoy!

Now there's one thing that I always disliked about hotseat campaigns and that's the fact that you cannot play any battles that take place in the opponent's turn. Since you are not the High Elves or Mordor, any attacks made by the Orcs of the Misty Mountains on a High Elven army will be auto-resolved. This can be very annoying at times, for example with a siege on a key settlement. Now I've browsed on the forums for a bit and it seems there's a way to change this by editing a couple of settings. It's described by Thormes in post #31 of in the following thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hlight=Thormes
    They say that if you change the settings accordingly, you should also be able to play those battles which are fought during the opponent's turn.

I've checked these settings, but I found that the content of my 'medieval2.preference' didn't have any test regarding Hotseat. Therefore, I couldn't change the settings, so I just copy-pasted Thormes's text into the file and hope it works. I haven't had an opportunity to test it yet, but I'll post again once I know whether this works for me.
    Last edited by Oneru; July 30, 2014 at 04:56 AM.
    ~~ Happiness lies in contentment ~~

So I tested it and it works: if you change the two files mentioned by Thormes (see link in the post above), you can fight all battles while playing hotseat, including the ones that happen 'outside your turn'.

Enjoy!
    ~~ Happiness lies in contentment ~~