Thread: Modding CTD

Default Modding CTD

I can't seem to add more than 2 tables at a time into a mod .pack file. Whenever I try and add a third one, the game crashes. Is there any way to fix this?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Modding CTD

you can have many tables. There's actually no limits that I know of. So the problem is probably in a conflict within the tables you want to add, not the number of tables in itself.

I literally added a third table that was unrelated to the changes I was making as a test, made no modifications, saved it, and it still crashed.
    Last edited by Midnight-Blue766; July 15, 2014 at 01:32 PM.

Patrician Artifex

You see, when you claim something crashes just for you, while others tell you it works, it usually means YOU made a mistake somewhere.
    But if you really want some help, you need to give details.

How are we supposed to help you if you just say "I did something, and it crashed. Help!"

May be you could tell us what table you want to add? What did you change in it? Where did you get the table you want to edit?

It seems to crash whenever I add a third table.

The two tables I modded were unit_abilities_tables and unit_class_to_unit_ability_junctions_tables. I modded the different infantry types to use different drills (Line Infantry uses Fire by Rank, Grenadiers use Platoon fire, etc), and tweak around the drills that made other ones obsolete.

Patrician Artifex

What what the source of your changes? data.pack? Did you rename the tables inside your pack? What is the other table that makes it crash?
    Have you tried adding the third table alone and see if it works (may be it's this table that has a problem in itself, not the fact it's the third one).

Okay, a check with PFM seems to indicate that the problem isn't related to the changes I'm making, but the file itself is not recognised as a .pack file (it gets the error "not a pack file" whenever I open it with the mod file in the data directory). I have absolutely no idea what's causing this, so I'm uploading the file right now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Patrician Artifex

If you can't open your own file, it's likely we can't open it either. Try to make a new one