0 0%
  • West Ham

3 4.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014/15 English Premier League

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: 2014/15 English Premier League

Liverpool put in a very promising performance today. I know it wasn't a full strength Dortmund outfit, but 4-0 is not too shabby by anyone's standards. And a different goalscorer for each as well (including Lovren, who looks like a great signing- aside from scoring a goal, he was rock solid at back and was very vocal; finally a much needed replacement for Carragher). Its good to be going into the season on a high note like that.

Just goes to show that even with Suarez gone we continue to play good attacking football with a lot of flair. Hendo, Sterling, Coutinho and Sturridge make an awesome attacking dynamic. I think its great that people are playing us down again this season- I think we will surprise a few even in Suarez's absence. People forget that even if you took away Suarez's 31 goals from last season, we still scored 70 goals which was more then any other team bar Chelsea and City (and even then, only one goal off Chelsea's 71).

And here's the goals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyiN0_eVkZI
    Last edited by Azog 150; August 10, 2014 at 04:50 PM.
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

Riverknight's Avatar Last of the Romans

Going to be one of the better years this one!

Top class managers all around, everyone has strengthened (although united should hopefully be doing more)

Cannot wait for all the quotes Moe and LvG are going to say this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverknight View Post
    Going to be one of the better years this one!

Top class managers all around, everyone has strengthened (although united should hopefully be doing more)

Cannot wait for all the quotes Moe and LvG are going to say this year!
    I doubt LvG will have a word this year

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Crystal Palace could be on the verge of sacking Pulis - that's just dumb, whoever comes in gets 16 or so days to make any other transfers and no time to work with the players. Barmy.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

They aren't willing to part with teh cash huh

Quote Originally Posted by Azog 150 View Post
    Maybe not, but on the flip side you'd have to hope we've sorted out our defence somewhat to compensate. Time will tell.

Either way, I am happy for people to brush us off. Worked well last year.
    I am glad we're the only ones to recognize Henderson is the greatest midfielder in the land. I am also glad that Arsenal supporters think Chambo is better than Sterling and United supporters think Januzaj (lol) is better than Sterling.

They won't know what hits them yet again.

Champions Elect.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    I am glad we're the only ones to recognize Henderson is the greatest midfielder in the land. I am also glad that Arsenal supporters think Chambo is better than Sterling and United supporters think Januzaj (lol) is better than Sterling.

Champions Elect.
    Haven't heard any Arsenal fans say Chambo is better than Sterling nor United fans say Januzaj is better than Sterling since the World Cup.

I highly disagree that Henderson is the best midfielder though. Do you honestly think Henderson is better than Ramsay and Yaya? Like seriously?
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

Quote Originally Posted by chilon View Post
    Haven't heard any Arsenal fans say Chambo is better than Sterling nor United fans say Januzaj is better than Sterling since the World Cup.

I highly disagree that Henderson is the best midfielder though. Do you honestly think Henderson is better than Ramsay and Yaya? Like seriously?
    Nah. When he adds five more goals to his game he will be.

Yaya won't be as good this season though.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Henderson will never have the technical ability of a player like Yaya/Xavi/Modric. He's a workhorse that allows you guys to play a crippling slow Gerrard as your DM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
    Nice reply Knight of Heaven.
    It's funny how you don't see Liverpool but MU as title contender,waiting for response of their fans
    Why should i see liverpool as contender? MU is always a contender no matter what.
    Liverpool is not, while being a historic of course, no disrespect for the team wich as i understand has alot of titles in its record, and anything can happen, but Liverpool is never a first choice to win a PL in modern times.

Last time Liverpool was Premier league champion was in 1990 i think someone correct me if im wrong.... Why on earth i would consider Liverpool a contender, when it never won PL in the last 20 years at least?
    While the last decade has been dominated by the teams from Manchester? Why this year is so diferent, Man united seems a quite strong team this year to be honest, Van Gaal is no joke.

Last time Arsenal was champion was 10 years ago... why would i consider this teams contenders? they are historics dont get me wrong, but currently they arent prime contenders, they arent for a good while now.
    Modern days The title is disputed between Manchester United, Manchester City, and Chelsea.
    Then in a odd year you might have Arsenal win the competition, and in a even more odd year Liverpool win it.
    And if things go crazy enough you can have blackburn rovers win it, as it was in 94 or leeds united as it was in 92. ( i think)
    this seems the current tendency i belive.

But this isnt the norm. The norm actualy is Manchester united win it. I have all the reasons to consider United a contender first and foremost.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; August 14, 2014 at 05:46 PM.

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Why should i see liverpool as contender? MU is always a contender no matter what.
    Liverpool is not, while being a historic of course, no disrespect for the team, and anything can happen, but Liverpool is never a first choice to win a PL.

Last time Liverpool was Premier league champion was in 1990 i think someone correct me if im wrong.... Why on earth i would consider Liverpool a contender, when it never won PL in the last 20 years at least?
    While the last decade has been dominated by the teams from Manchester? Why this year is so diferent, Man united seems a quite strong team this year to be honest, Van Gaal is no joke.

Last time Arsenal was champion was 10 years ago... why would i consider this teams contenders? they are historics dont get me wrong, but currently they arent prime contenders, they arent for a good while now.
    Modern days The title is disputed between Manchester United, Manchester City, and Chelsea.
    Then in a odd year you might have Arsenal win the competition, and in a even more odd year Liverpool win it.
    And if things go crazy enough you can have blackburn rovers win it, as it was in 94 or leeds united as it was in 92. ( i think)

But this isnt the norm. The norm actualy is Manchester united win it. I have all the reasons to consider United a contender first and foremost.
    Look at the team roster of the current Manchester United team, then compare it to the teams winning the last 5 Premier Leagues.

Now ask yourself how much of the current Manchester United team that could take a place in one of those teams.

History only matters as long as it is still active in the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Look at the team roster of the current Manchester United team, then compare it to the teams winning the last 5 Premier Leagues.

Now ask yourself how much of the current Manchester United team that could take a place in one of those teams.

History only matters as long as it is still active in the club.
    And your mistake isto think isnt anylonger active.... Even if they are weaker this year in theory it doesnt make them less of contenders imo. We will see. They dont have as weak team as it seems, but that is just my opinion.
    Arsenal might have a strong team in theory, to be honest it always has, same with liverpool, they have always great teams, and they dont win the title for decades.
    Look anything can happen obviously, that is the beauty of PL, but even in this season i dont see Arsenal, or Liverpool as prime contenders. Every year i hear them say the same thing, that this year is it, that they have a strong roster ( they always have to be honest), and it has been decades since they with the major title.
    Obviously doesnt make them less for it, but the track record isnt on their side.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; August 14, 2014 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Sure and so what? it doesnt make them less of contenders imo. We will see. They dont have as weak team as it seems, but that is just my opinion.
    Nonsense , this is clearly our year and MANU will become mid table team.

Holy Palace are goign down, madness that Pulis left.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
    Nonsense , this is clearly our year and MANU will become mid table team.
    lol dont get me wrong im no englishman, I realy dont have favorites, allthough .. well i guess it would be nice to see Mourinho win, only because he is Portuguese, and im Portuguese.. but that is irrelevant though
    My point is it would be a mistake to dismiss Man Utd right from the bat.
    I know it was a Friendly, but they did impress me in a match against Real. And the transfer season isnt over yet, im guessing van Gaal still wants to medle in that area as well.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Knight of Heaven, I think, actually, that no one won the 1990 Premier League…
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post

Champions Elect.

In all honesty I would be happy as long as we get Top 4 again. I think this is shaping up to be one of the most heavily contested Premiership seasons to date.

But as always there is this niggling feeling inside of me that maybe, just maybe, this will finally be our year!

Let the haters hate my friend, it only makes it all the sweeter when we defy expectations!

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Azog 150 View Post
    But as always there is this niggling feeling inside of me that maybe, just maybe, this will finally be our year!
    Never heard that from a Liverpool fan before.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Of course! I am not the type to go shouting it to the streets though. Top 4 is the goal, same as last year, and last year I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised.

But anyway, that's kind of rich coming from a Toon fan. Never before have I seen a fanbase of such a mid-table team have such high expectations. You'd think 38 years of no silverware would dampen those expectations, but does it !! Tis the Geordie specialty.
    Last edited by Azog 150; August 15, 2014 at 11:39 AM.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

If AVB Rogers can get all those new players to work together quickly Tottenham Liverpool have a real shot this year.