0 0%
  • Tottenham

1 1.64%
  • West Brom

0 0%
  • West Ham

3 4.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014/15 English Premier League

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: 2014/15 English Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Good weekend for United so far,
    Well, the big teams have lost.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

We were second last year. We are a big team. We drew.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Nah you're a bottom half team.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Anyone agree with Lineker that Arsenal fans booing Wenger is disrespectful? That we have won 1 trophy in 9 years and are expected to accept every season that things will be good when we know the fundamental weaknesses have not been addressed. We should still be respectful for what was done 10 years ago? Getting in the Champions League every year is good for money but it is not good enough as an aim for the season.

Stop playing mindless Soton! It's been almost 20 days time to wreck someone up! (hopefully not Chelsea)

ooooh robin van persie~~

Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
    Apart from that assist, Fabregas hasn't been seen on that match. Looks like Ferdiad is right , Matic is our key player. When he isn't there Fabregas had to deal with more defensive duties ,cover more space and thus he can't contribute much in attack.
    Matic is clearly your most important player. He stabilizes and balances your team which is essential in a Mourinho side. I think you shouldn't count your trophies too soon as Cesc has a pattern of falling off in the second half of the season and Costa might get injured again.

Also, somehow Newcastle seems to have your number. They won the last 3 at St James against you yes?
    Last edited by chilon; December 08, 2014 at 11:11 PM.
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Ishoss View Post
    We were second last year. We are a big team. We drew.
    Big teams don't need to tell everyone they're a big team

Liverpool are historically a big team, but then so are West Ham and Nottingham Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ybbon View Post
    Anyone agree with Lineker that Arsenal fans booing Wenger is disrespectful? That we have won 1 trophy in 9 years and are expected to accept every season that things will be good when we know the fundamental weaknesses have not been addressed. We should still be respectful for what was done 10 years ago? Getting in the Champions League every year is good for money but it is not good enough as an aim for the season.
    Problem with Wenger's criticism is that whilst, for Arsenal fans, it seems justified, for the mortals amongst us who support "lower" clubs it comes across a bit complacent. I'd love to have a manager who got us in the top 4 every year, has won the league unbeaten and a cup in living memory, and basically isn't Pardew. I think it's really down to the owners to dish out the money and bring in some big players.

Quote Originally Posted by chilon View Post
    Also, somehow Newcastle seems to have your number. They won the last 3 at St James against you yes?
    Yeah, we're their bogey team and we like it.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ybbon View Post
    Fans aren't booing him because of a bad result, it's because the deficiency has been so glaringly obvious for such a long time. If we were failing because we were being beaten by better teams it would be disrespectful, but being beaten by the likes of Stoke because we're woefully short of quality defenders, that's a different matter. I'd even accept that kind of defeat if it was a one off, but it isn't. The defending against Stoke was the worst I've seen from an Wenger side in a long time. The first goal was almost comically bad. Can you imagine Crouch winning three headers in 20 seconds before poking the ball in from 3 yards if Vieira was playing for us? More likely he'd have been on his backside checking he still had all his teeth.

Liniker doesn't take into account is Arsenal have the highest ticket prices in the PL, have had for a long time, and while the money is starting to be invested back into the team with the likes of Ozil and Sanchez it's like putting Ferrari badges on a Morris Minor.

Our next five league games are, Newcastle, Liverpool, QPR, West Ham, Southampton. I don't see us winning any of those largely because all of those teams will be physically stronger (bar Liverpool who's attack will be running Mertersacker/Moreal ragged).

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Our next five league games are, Newcastle, Liverpool, QPR, West Ham, Southampton. I don't see us winning any of those largely because all of those teams will be physically stronger (bar Liverpool who's attack will be running Mertersacker/Moreal ragged).

This is a little extreme pessimism. Liverpool hasn't run any defense ragged and they just crashed out of the CL against Basle at Anfield. They are in complete disarray and their offense couldn't string 2 passes together until the last minute. Barring set piece delivery, Gerrard is well past it. If you take out Gerrard's set piece ability which is still superb, he is a worse open field player than Arteta atm. We should be absolutely tonking Liverpool.

Southamptom we already just beat them once, no reason we can't do it again. West Ham is a London derby that the teams has to get up for. TBH the only game of those five we should be worried about is Newcastle who are in the form of their lives.

That said, Wenger's tactics (or lack thereof) mean we could lose all 5 of those games. I just don't see us losing to Liverpool though. Barring that one game last year, we generally have Liverpool's number.
    "Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."

Under Patronage of: Captain Blackadder

Blog Entries

You don't think Liverpool will raise their game against us. I imagine after Utd and Everton we are the team Scousers most despise like to beat.. 1989 ect ect.....

Murfmurf's Avatar Primicerius

I wouldn't worry too much about us, we never win at your place. Last time I think was 1-0 a few years ago, big Andy Carroll getting the goal.

I wouldn't write off West Ham so easily. Very hard to beat at the moment.

Westeros: Total War Unit-Maker
    Check out our previews here!

Beautiful. I haven't enjoyed watching Chelsea playing so outstanding for a lot of time. Everyone on their places, coordinated actions, good ideas in one word art. I would praise Hazard, he is magician with ball and Ivanovic, his best party this session. Some moves he made in attack were a sight for sore eyes.

two horse race am i right guys? the oil clubs are dominating

Blog Entries

Long way to go, but yeh...

Edit: Obviously my ability to predict Arsenal games is as good as it's ever been.

Arsenal 4-1 Newcastle.

The lads were brilliant today though the Toon really didn't show up bar a 10 minute spell in the second half. Really loving the Giroud/Sanchez/Welbeck attack with Ox/Cazorla supplying them. When it works it looks as dynamic a front line as I've seen in a long time, Debuchy had a fairly quiet game at CB but looked comfortable and Belarin had probably his best game for us. Flamini seems to have had some training in the art of staying in front of the back four and was even making sure Gibbs and Belerin were staying to cover when the other went forward, simple stuff pro players should know but have been lacking for us this season.

Title's back on...
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; December 13, 2014 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
    Beautiful. I haven't enjoyed watching Chelsea playing so outstanding for a lot of time. Everyone on their places, coordinated actions, good ideas in one word art. I would praise Hazard, he is magician with ball and Ivanovic, his best party this session. Some moves he made in attack were a sight for sore eyes.
    I watched the match and I can categorically state Chelsea were . You struggled against Hull when they had 11 men

What are you talking about, they didn't have any good chance for 90 mins.. We battled with them in mid field but nothing serious from our side to threatn Cech who was probably our weakest performer that game. We played calm and good, masterpiece of skill and tactic.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Which doesn't necessarily translate into showy football. I myself would rather have both.
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Hull were but Chelsea were poor. Those can both happen you know....

Can't believe there was ever a debate on whether Welbeck is the better striker for Arsenal than Giroud, especially after the former was given a run of games.

At this point, the 23 year old English International, has got nothing on the Handsome French Broke.
    "My brothers. I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the Arsenal is no more, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of gooner-ship, but it is not this day. An hour of Spuds and shattered cannons when the Highbury Emirates comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand, Men of North London!"
    - Aragooner