Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Third Age Total War is crashing

Default Re: Third Age Total War is crashing

Quote Originally Posted by Altar360 View Post
    Didn't work...
    have you tried playing after installing v3.0? then again after installing version 3.1? im pretty sure something in version 3.2 is defective.. maybe it will work if you played an earlier version

hate to say it, but I have read many people saying they cannot get the game to run on windows 8...in fact, I have read several testimonies that windows 8 has problems running a lot of games...elvenkind and xavier have given great advice here so good luck...
    Last edited by scdandme; August 11, 2014 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altar360 View Post
    Didn't work...
    Hmm, then you probably installed it wrong..

Can you start your M2TW and Kingdoms campaigns? If you can, then uninstall TATW, and install it again, and as a Destination Folder use the location of YOUR main Medieval II Total War folder, which means that:

ALL TATW.exe Installer files need to have ...\Medieval II Total War at the end of your Destination Folder, so it must not be ...\Medieval II Total War\mods, nor ...\Medieval II Total War\Third_Age_3.. IT HAS TO HAVE \Medieval II Total War at the end.

And, run ALL TATW.exe Installers as an Administrator ( right mouse click on .exe file and Run as an Administrator).

Later on you do not need to run Third Age.bat file as an Administrator..

Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamsel View Post
    I'll try that. Much appreciated! I was thinking, I have pre update Medieval II on another computer along with TATW. Would it work to completely uninstall the Medival II files on this computer, and replace them with the ones I have from the other computer?
    TBH, I do not have Steam, so I do not know how does it work if you have an older -pre updated version. You can ask here about it: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...Technical-Help

Good luck!
    Last edited by ElvenKind; August 12, 2014 at 04:17 AM.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

It didn't work. I don't get it. I installed it before. It used to work just fine. But then I lost my retail copy of the Gold Edition so I bought another, this one apparently being the first one released, with the expansion. I can run the Vanilla game and all of the various campaigns in Kingdoms. Why is it NOW giving me trouble to just run this mod?

Hi im having a problem with third age total war as every time i go to play a custom battle start a campaign or do a historical battle it comes up with medieval has encountered an unspecified error and closes, I know this is a common problem and was wondering a solution to it. I have the sub mod divide and conquer, the latest patch 3.2 for thrid age and the latest patches for the sub mod. I have windows 7 and its a non steam version.

the reason why noone can run the mod is that some smartarse thought it would be a good idea to merge the kingdoms.exe and medieval2.exe into one launcher. Does anyone know any way top revert it back?

Quote Originally Posted by StrangerGamer View Post
    the reason why noone can run the mod is that some smartarse thought it would be a good idea to merge the kingdoms.exe and medieval2.exe into one launcher. Does anyone know any way top revert it back?
    Install TATW files into your M2TW/mods folder( all TATW.exe Installers have to have this at the end as a Destination Folder: ...\Medieval II Total War )

After installing all TATW.exe Installers, download this Universal batch file and follow its instructions:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?661279

Good luck!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

The launcher you provided me with works, thanks. Now can you tell me where I can download the latest MOS version?

Ok, the launcher worked, I got the MOS 1.6.2 version for it (Massive Overhaul Submod), ran its bug fixers, ran the cleaner in its folder, and it crashes every time I try and start a campaign. Saying that the program has ran into an unexpected problem. But Third Age Total War works fine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12