Thread: Editing Diplomacy Tables Shogun 2

Default Editing Diplomacy Tables Shogun 2

I've quite literally searched all over google to find a proper thread that tells you how to modify diplomacy in Shogun 2. In essence I want to modify the territorial expansion factor that occurs whenever you conquer a territory. I frankly find -5 each conquest and +1 each turn much too slow for my taste.
    ​"Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul."

Artifex

Default Re: Editing Diplomacy Tables Shogun 2

Open the diplomacy attitudes tables with PFM or the Assembly Kit.
    There are 4 tuples: attitude, cap, drift and value.
    - Attitude: this describes the situation that alters diplomacy. You're looking for "annexed_territory".
    - Cap: probably the maximum that can be reached, either positive or negative
    - Drift: change per turn, can be positive or negative.
    - Value: the immediate effect on diplomacy, can be positive and negative

If you conquer a territory, the negative value of this act of aggression will hit you. With every turn, it changes according to the drift value. Cap is the maximum amount that can be reached.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by Destin Faroda View Post
    - Attitude: this describes the situation that alters diplomacy. You're looking for "annexed_territory".

If you conquer a territory, the negative value of this act of aggression will hit you. With every turn, it changes according to the drift value. Cap is the maximum amount that can be reached.
    My PFM is stuck on R2TW and wouldn't let me find a S2TW directory. What should I do? Oh, and where do I edit this? In R2 I went to start.pos or the save game file. Is that where I go for this?

Edit: Found the startpos. It was in one of the patch files.
    Edit 2: Is it possible to edit a savefile's diplomatic attributes table since PFM doesn't let you open up .sav files?
    Last edited by Legio X Gemina; July 25, 2014 at 09:02 PM.
    ​"Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul."

Quote Originally Posted by Destin Faroda View Post

I know this thread is kind of old, but this didn't work for me. I found where this is and edited it, but the game doesn't derive it's Territorial Expansion number from the value apparently. I changed the value to -12 (it's 0 by default on the table, which is what made me suspicious of this in the first place) and it still gives me -6 for most clans and -20 for the clan who previously owned the province. I didn't mod it wrong as other values I changed were applied correctly.

I'm trying to find where this value is determined. Can anyone help?