Thread: Leliana (Spoilers)

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Default Leliana (Spoilers)

So I played DA: O a bit ago and noticed something. As part of her starting equipment she has a "Seeker's amulet."

At the end of DA2 we notice her in Seeker Armor with Cassandra, but it appears she's been a Seeker since DA:O.

It seems that Leliana wasn't in Lothering simply to hide out from her past. She was there for a reason, and that reason led her to join the Grey Warden. Her whole character was an act to get her closer to him. What if the problems of DA3 were already anticipated and she was sent to find the Grey Warden...
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Default Re: Leliana (Spoilers)

I don't know if she was already aware of the Grey Warden being present in Lothering, but I can follow the idea that she was sent by the Chantry for a reason. From what I recall, Leliana starts off DA:O as being dedicated to the Chantry due to her being saved from the Orlesians by Revered Mother Dorothea (now Divine Justinia V).

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Nice find. Would be awesome if it turned out there is actually more to Lelliana than what we were told, but it could also be that it's just minor retcon/oversight by Bioware, just like bethesda did with the title dragonborn.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

I don't think its a retcon or oversight as that would have been there the whole time. Don't see them putting that as a hidden patch item. Its called the Seeker's Circle by the way.

Think about it, she lied about her past with the Grey Warden (Play a Bard's Song has significant variation on the story she told the warden). She decided out of nowhere to help the Warden against the mercenaries, and just happened to be in closest village from the Blight. The Hawke family never mentions her that I remember despite living in Lothering, and she was in the bar not the chantry.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Bethany will mention her as a wonderful story teller.
    I don't really have much of an opinion but she seems to have an awful strong struggle with being a bard vs chantry to be in the religious elite.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    Bethany will mention her as a wonderful story teller.
    I don't really have much of an opinion but she seems to have an awful strong struggle with being a bard vs chantry to be in the religious elite.
    I haven't really analyzed all the lore and stuff, but I think the Seekers are supposed to be ultra orthodox of the Chantry, and that doesn't really fit in with what Leliana said her views on the Maker and Chantry are in DAO.

I haven't really analyzed all the lore and stuff, but I think the Seekers are supposed to be ultra orthodox of the Chantry, and that doesn't really fit in with what Leliana said her views on the Maker and Chantry are in DAO.
    Not exactly, they are mostly the Internal afairs of the templar order, answering only to the Devine. A counter powerhouse to the templar order within the chantry.
    They also deal with external threats of the chantry, more or less like spectres, a order with in an order, their mandate is to seek out corruption, within, and out of the chantry. They can easly protect a mage sufering at the hands of an abusive templar, or be rutheless at tracking down dangerous apostates. They arent exactly the spanish inquisition ( pun intended) Allthough the seekers in their early days where knowned as the Inquisition, knowned to fight against the chaotic threat of dark magic after the first blight. ( a thing we will probably will learn more in Dragon age 3 i recon.)
    Naturaly you will most defenitly encounter all sorts of fanatics, and corrupts everywhere but still. They arent exactly zealots, they are mostly a regulatory organization, within the organization, seeking the truth, and rooting out corruption. At least in theory.

The order its called the Seekers of Truth btw.
    So i think it fits very well with lelianas personality, the goals of the seekers arent exactly bad, as intended they are actualy quite noble. There is an animation film that deals with this matter, featuring a sexy cassandra, and a mage as her love interest. So yeah.
    Trailer
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The film itself aint that good story wise. Im only sugesting, because it sheds light on the nature of the seekers, and cassandra story etc. It has its highlights, but thats about it. Dont expect anything specialy briliant.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; July 14, 2014 at 08:29 PM.