Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: {DIK} Bugs & Problems

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: {DIK} Bugs & Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Neadal View Post
    You just have installed it in the wrong path.
    ...SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Italian_Wars

That is the right path for you installation. Should be default setting.
    It never created the Italian_Wars folder. But after creating that folder manually, I reran the install and everything worked fine. That was also the solution for tavix's problem. (There is still no Italian_Wars folder inside the IW folder I made). Once the install path is changed the installer won't create the folder.

The real problem comes down to Windows 7 & 8 (and maybe Vista, too) not playing well with games installed to Program Files. I found a few years ago that creating a Games folder outside Program Files makes games install and work better. Some software companies (AVG antivirus, Fraps, Sage Peachtree accounting, for example) create their own folders outside Program Files or Program Files (x86) upon installation. I always tell people having problems with older games to do this (create a Games folder). On my Windows 7 desktop my path is Local disk (C)/Games/Sega for M2TW and on my laptop with 8.1 its Users/Public/Games (another Microsoft software difference) And on my laptop I found (after doing that because at first I followed the standard Program Files install) the game starts faster and has less issues. (It's CivilizationIII which is even older than M2TW). Once i put CIII under games I could fix it's old (small) screen resolution problem, make some mod fixes, and delete saves. Yes, that game has no way to delete old saves, you have to do it manually.

Old games and newer Windows just don't play well together without work. And that's Microsoft's problem. It shouldn't be ours.

edit: And, of course, if you have M2TW thru a Steam copy, well, you've opened another can of worms.
    Last edited by Loose Cannon; March 22, 2015 at 11:11 AM.
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

Aneirin's Avatar of flowing verse

Sorry missed your post!

Just open up the folder named "original" and run the bat.file.

The missing text is caused by an formatting error, I will fix it and update the translation

Cheers Neadal
    As I assumed, it was an formatting error.
    I will update the version tomorrow evening.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathtoEgo View Post
    Not sure if it was reported yet but there is a trait error, the last one in the edct file "Trigger verteidiger_florenz" there is a missing "i" in verteidger. Hard to spot. Also Trait PriestProtestant line 108 should be priestprotestant no capitals.
    This alleged mistakes, don't have any influence on the gameplay.

Trigger names musn't have the same name as their trait.
    And capital letters in this particular situation have no effect either.

But thank's for your report
    Proud son of Aikanár and brother of Iskar

DeathtoEgo's Avatar Civis

Oh ok, go to know.

Would you plan to change the music in 5.0?

Which music do you mean exactly?
    During battles, menu or in whole?

All original music

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Well, we had found some recordings of fitting Renaissance music, even some of Ottoman origin of the same period, but it turned out that even for a non-commercial project such as thís we would have had to buy a license for 300+ € to use the music in the game. Hence we refrained from replacing any music until further notice.

If any of you knew of music available freely for non-profit modding projects, that would of course open up new opportunities.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Thank you Iskar, I was about to say that

So if you have some free music available, please let us know!

At least we changed the menu song

The crash last week is resolved with english translation 1.3.3 but today another crash at round 214 this is the log after crash http://www.mediafire.com/download/0k...log%282%29.txt
    I try reload a previous save but isn't possible continue tha campaign.

Your issue should be solved with the new version of the translation 1.3.4.

Cheers Neadal

Your issue should be solved with the new version of the translation 1.3.4.

Cheers Neadal
    Thank you Neadal now it's ok

At your service

Quote Originally Posted by biro69 View Post
    Unfortunately another crash at round 226

18:20:14.843 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 23614 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:20:14.843 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 23623 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:20:14.843 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 23623 in mods/Italian_Wars/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    18:20:14.843 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Italian_Wars/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/petersdom_completed.tga
    18:20:14.843 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/petersdom_completed.tga.dds
    18:20:14.843 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/petersdom_completed.tga
    18:20:14.843 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Italian_Wars/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/petersdom_completed.tga.dds
    18:20:14.843 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Italian_Wars/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/petersdom_completed.tga
    18:20:14.844 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Italian_Wars/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/petersdom_completed.tga
    18:20:14.844 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/petersdom_completed.tga.dds
    18:20:14.844 [system.io] [info] exists: missing data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/petersdom_completed.tga
    18:20:14.844 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Italian_Wars/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/petersdom_completed.tga.dds
    18:20:14.844 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Italian_Wars/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/petersdom_completed.tga
    18:20:14.844 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Italian_Wars/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:20:14.844 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Italian_Wars/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/historic_event.tga.dds
    18:20:14.844 [system.io] [info] exists: found mods/Italian_Wars/data/ui/southern_european/eventpics/historic_event.tga (from: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    18:20:15.207 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

This is the last log
    Here there is the whole log
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/37.../system.log.7z

Once more a missing event string.. sorry for that..

It will be fixed till tomorrow evening.

Cheers Neadal

Campaign with Milano crash this si the log http://www.mediafire.com/download/sy....log%282%29.7z
    Excuse me Neadal i'm taking you much work

No problem at all
    I'll check it.

No problem at all
    I'll check it.
    Hi Neadal there are news about the bugs i reported?

Sorry mate! Did not forget your problem!
    It will be solved this evening

Tiro

I installed this mod, Italian Wars 4.0 in mods folder (i mention that i have a expansion Kingdoms & patch 1.5 installed in english version)........nothing, mod doesn't start!

I was playing a hotseat game. Me as Venice and my friend as Florence.
    The game crashed at turn 18 for th first time, i had to return to turn 16 and kept on playing with the hope it would crash again. But it did at turn 20.
    The las action i did was hit end turn.

I couldnt find the log script. If you really need it, ill try again. Hope this works for you.
    As for us we a re going to start a new campaing.