Thread: Welcome thread & Chat

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Default Welcome thread & Chat

Welcome to the TWC Olypmics!

Welcome to the TWC Olympics, the first in hopefully many yearly site competitions where players can come together and compete for fun, rep and medals. This first event will be testing the water and seeing how well it goes, with success meaning future events are very likely to be organised. We're starting small, with a few gaming-based events and a few content-based events, to see how things go!

In future, all comers who have a game they'd like to organise will be eligible to submit the idea and run their events, as the more events successfully run the better the competition will be.

This thread will serve as a chat thread for the event, post anything you like (within the ToS!).

Happy gaming!

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Welcome thread & Chat

Yay! TWC Olympics for the win

Sadly I've to go back to work on Monday, hence I won't be able to volunteer time-wise.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Should we start signing up now?

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

It isn't public yet. I think we're shooting for Saturday or Sunday to start the signups.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

We're now public!

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

In regards to the chess, 1) what do we do incase of a draw? 2) what will the time limits per game be? I'm assuming it's blitz?

BM309K58SMERCH's Avatar Centenarius

I have a few questions directed at the Wargame: Red Dragon tournament organizers, mainly questions about how the games will be organized:

1. Generally, how will the games be organized?
    2. Will the victories be determined by viewing the replays or through honesty?
    3. What if a player isn't available for a few days, will the games proceed without the player? (I might not be available 28th - 30th, but I will try my best to be present)
    4. If the competitors are to agree on a time together, how long are the competitors are allowed to determine an agreed time?
    5. What if the DLC 1 is released during the tournament?

Thank you all very much for your time organizing this event. Looking forward to participating in the games, it has been a long time since I last participated in a TWC event.
    Last edited by BM309K58SMERCH; July 25, 2014 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Crossed out the already answered ones. I would like answers with some of the others.

Oh boy! Let the Games begin!

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by f0ma View Post
    In regards to the chess, 1) what do we do incase of a draw? 2) what will the time limits per game be? I'm assuming it's blitz?
    1. Rematch, it's elimination. Only a winner may progress.
    2. None, it's a friendly competition. If your opponent starts refusing to move they can be disqualified, but the hope is that people will play by the spirit of sportsmanship, because it's just Chess.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Let's say I'm in the middle of a game and I have to go for some legitimate reason. I assume I automatically loose?

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

If there's no time limit, how will you know if someone's refusing to move? They can take however long they wish to think of their next move. These games could go on indefinitely.

iWarsaw's Avatar Semisalis
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Roman rules. We have all to compete naked right? Oh and oiled up.

A big thank you to everyone putting together this. You're the true champions!
    Last edited by iWarsaw; July 23, 2014 at 09:32 PM.
    You say you wont buy Atilla but your only lying to your self.

It would appear that I am generating quite a few clicks for GED following my advertising on the main Wargame Red Dragon forum. However I've only netted 3 new TWC members from there.

Oh well. Should still be able to easily rig up some sort of tournament with what I've got so far. MORE PEOPLE BUY RED DRAGON.

Cool idea.
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

Im kinda surprised this wasnt done before after all of these years.
    Any Veterans of the Afghanistan/Iraq wars join my group. Im trying to get a Veterans group started on here.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Wish there were more Warband and NW players. Maybe I should bug 'Gunny about this
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Quote Originally Posted by BM309K58SMERCH View Post
    I have a few questions directed at the Wargame: Red Dragon tournament organizers, mainly questions about how the games will be organized:

1. Generally, how will the games be organized?
    2. Will the victories be determined by viewing the replays or through honesty?
    3. What if a player isn't available for a few days, will the games proceed without the player? (I might not be available 28th - 30th, but I will try my best to be present)
    4. If the competitors are to agree on a time together, how long are the competitors are allowed to determine an agreed time?
    5. What if the DLC 1 is released during the tournament?

Thank you all very much for your time organizing this event. Looking forward to participating in the games, it has been a long time since I last participated in a TWC event.
    Its on the players to play their matches within the window for the bracket or round robin. If a player is ignoring your requests for a game then let me know and I'll send messages or PM and if I get no response then they forfeit and you advance.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Rome 2 elimination tournament is looking for strong reserve players! Reserve players have been very good chance to get place in tournament!