Thread: Battle AI freezes during city attacks

Default Battle AI freezes during city attacks

When I'm defending a city the AI acts really stupid. Did I mess something up? Didn't change anything other than the settings on the launcher.
    It has happened three times already, and I just wait for the timer(60min) to run out. Some turns later, the AI attacks me again and it just sits there, looking and taunting my garrison with their superior numbers.

They just sit there, kinda bugging out. It's like the AI moves them and then cancel the movement really fast, and it does that a lot, so the soldiers are all kinda shaking, as they are ordered to move and then to stop, over and over again.
    It moves the cavalry around a bit, then back to the first spot, and it keeps dismounting the artillery. The second it's unmounted and ready to shoot, they are ordered to mount again, and it just keeps happening.

Field battles are working great.

http://i.imgur.com/8NLSDIt.jpg

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Battle AI freezes during city attacks

Is the AI the attacker -Did it attack you on the campaign map? Sometimes the AI in defense if you attack it-just does not move. Are you using expanded deployment zones? That can cause the behavior. Just move a Cav unit up close and attack a unit-that will wake up the AI army and they will soon move out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bran Mac Born View Post
    Is the AI the attacker -Did it attack you on the campaign map? Sometimes the AI in defense if you attack it-just does not move. Are you using expanded deployment zones? That can cause the behavior. Just move a Cav unit up close and attack a unit-that will wake up the AI army and they will soon move out.
    The AI attacked my city. And yes, I'm using expanded deployment, with 1x unit size and normal armies.
    I tried doing that, but with a infantry unit. I lost some troops, they lost some, and then I retreated, thinking they would follow me with cavalry or something, as this infantry unit was alone in the middle of the map, but nope. They just stood there.

Should I disable the expanded deployment zones?
    Thanks for the reply!

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yes disable and test it. And I do recommend you use my settings too as it helps too-Bran DMN mod edits.
    Last edited by Bran Mac Born; July 12, 2014 at 10:20 PM.

Thanks again, it didn't happen again.
    On a different note, is there a way for me to use only the sound mod from Darthmod? The drumroll mod, to be more precise, which I can't find anywhere else. I mean, apparently there isn't any other drumrolls mods out there.