Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Total war: Rome 2 Elimination Tournament [Completed: Reptilicus wins]

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: Total war: Rome 2 Elimination Tournament - SIGN UP OPEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
    I'll give it a go if there is any room left!
    Sure, we expanded it to 32.

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyPoopCereal View Post
    well even if you lose at least you've got that heavy breathing* obese cat picture rite?? at least you've got that going
    Hey my profile pic isnt obese, its just big boned.... Im pretty pumped up for this, Ive only played one person online on RTW2 sooo this should be interesting. I hope we can get it up to 32 players
    Any Veterans of the Afghanistan/Iraq wars join my group. Im trying to get a Veterans group started on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiertz View Post
    Are we playing with or without patch 14?
    There is a report of hoplites running every 10 seconds, gaining a charge bonus which IS battle breaking. So the answer is no unless the patch goes live before the first round.

Edit: Tournament will use Patch 14 beta
    Last edited by BunnyPoopCereal; July 24, 2014 at 09:22 AM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Noif de Bodemloze View Post
    Sure, we expanded it to 32.
    Epic tourney , it's gonna be amazing lads.

one question I just catched that in the patch 14 beta thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser View Post
    I know a lot of the emphasis for patch 14 is on the siege AI fixes. However, I saw this tidbit on the patch notes

Just wondering if anyone know if this is indeed the case?
    it seems this tourney should be neccesarily played with the beta patch guys, just in hope CA won't release balancing changes in the few days it is held.
    Bunnys posting above is disencouraging this idea, though.
    Last edited by alQamar; July 24, 2014 at 01:42 AM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

TomTeki's Avatar Laetus

Sign me up please, but missing 25 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyPoopCereal View Post
    There is a report of hoplites running every 10 seconds, gaining a charge bonus which IS battle breaking. So the answer is no unless the patch goes live before the first round.
    What in the world is that? Got an good links for that? Even then that's good as Hoplites needed a buff to make them useful for once. I don't think it's game breaking as Hoplites aren't that good either and can be countered.

At least you could've put that in the OP before people sign up ala don't play on patch 14 beta. I updated to patch 14 just to play with Greek Iraklis for some practice and now I can't play since you suddenly decided patch 13 only so I'm screwed unless one can roll back a beta patch? I'll see if one can roll back beta patch.

I still prefer patch 14 beta, especially since it took out the deployment view bug which is much more game breaking as it eliminates most elements of surprises.
    炸鸡

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by TomTeki View Post
    Sign me up please, but missing 25 posts.
    Yep, you miss 25 posts limit

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    What in the world is that? Got an good links for that? Even then that's good as Hoplites needed a buff to make them useful for once. I don't think it's game breaking as Hoplites aren't that good either and can be countered.

At least you could've put that in the OP before people sign up ala don't play on patch 14 beta. I updated to patch 14 just to play with Greek Iraklis for some practice and now I can't play since you suddenly decided patch 13 only so I'm screwed unless one can roll back a beta patch? I'll see if one can roll back beta patch.

I still prefer patch 14 beta, especially since it took out the deployment view bug which is much more game breaking as it eliminates most elements of surprises.
    Turns out that bug happens only for people who are using DEI + patch 14 beta. Given this fact, especially since mods are not allowed, Noif and I have decided the tournament will take place using Patch 14 beta due to its benefits over Patch 13.

Source:

Quote Originally Posted by eferos93 View Post
    I think i've figured out what the problem is: i played a normal difficult battle with dei and bubba777 ancent battle realism (therefore initiative and deadliness stats are set to 0), playing as rome with batavian inf against sparta with perioikoi hoplitai. It seems like the hoplites when after charging they don't go in phalanx formation but the charge animation loops every 10 seconds (or less), therefore i think they get the charge bonus every 10 secs of fighting. The result is that my batavian inf was routed after they have lost 60-80 men (they were in shield wall formation) while the hoplites losed something like 15-20 men. Hope this will be fixed in the 0.95 dei patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Siri View Post
    you're absolutely right... just noticed the same thing in a bit of testing... Late Principes vs P. Hoplites and the hoplites phalanx icon would flash on for about 1 second every 5 seconds and then disappear, and every time it did this the unit changed to "charging", after about 5 of these the hoplites start to decisively win the fight. this definitely wasn't happening before patch 14
    Last edited by BunnyPoopCereal; July 24, 2014 at 09:25 AM.

Content Emeritus

I support also that patch14 beta. Patch13 was nothing, until patch 14 came out. I want remind people, that this tournament we are running on vanilla units, so no mods example: no radious overhaul, DEI or anything else. 0 mod tolerate.

So make sure that you have patch14 beta installed and mods disabled totally.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

^__ *like*

- just in case save (even backup) and pause your MP campaign / MPC saves while you are on p14 beta and with mods disabled while you are attending the tournament. Otherwise you may run into unneeded trouble.
    Last edited by alQamar; July 24, 2014 at 11:17 AM.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    ^__ *like*

- just in case save (even backup) and pause your MP campaign / MPC saves while you are on p14 beta and with mods disabled while you are attending the tournament. Otherwise you may run into unneeded trouble.
    While you are visiting here. Are you gonna sign in, AlQamar?

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Nope too much things to do aside. I don't want to loose badly either :O) Thanks for asking Noif.
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Content Emeritus

DEAR ROMAN PEOPLE!
    YOU HAVE 24 HOURS REMAINING TO SIGN IN, BEFORE WE CLOSE DOORS AT FRIDAY MIDNIGHT!

Foederatus

Can you sign me in? I have no MP experience but I'll do anything to have some fun!

Check the OP !

You need 25 posts atleast

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
    Can you sign me in? I have no MP experience but I'll do anything to have some fun!
    post a few more things in different threads to qualify yourself. But please don't spam or post complete rubbish Mike

Lord William's Avatar Duke of Nottingham
    Citizen

Sign me up

Section Editor ES
    LibrarianLocal ModeratorCitizenCdeC
    Under the patronage of Jom • Patron of Riverknight & Stildawn

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    post a few more things in different threads to qualify yourself. But please don't spam or post complete rubbish Mike
    Thanks, I did just that and this should be number 25. I really hope I am in now, I want to play a MP battle ever since the game came out.

Content Emeritus

deleted
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; July 26, 2014 at 06:34 PM.

It might also be worth putting a rule in about max 8 pikes (to prevent boxing) and no red-line camping.