Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Total war: Rome 2 Elimination Tournament [Completed: Reptilicus wins]

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Icon1 Total war: Rome 2 Elimination Tournament [Completed: Reptilicus wins]

Ave roman citizens! TWC Olympic is getting started and we are looking brave generals, who want gain glory and wealthy! Nothing else we don't want by you than only lead your army, eliminate your opposite and win! Take your sword and shield! Sign up and be ready for bloody match! Will you be the next hero?

R2 elimination tournament staffs:

Host staff:

Noif de Bodemloze

Host assistant:

bunnypoopcereal

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rules:

To get into tournament, you must be full-member (7 days old account) + 25 posts in twc.

- Remember use Patch14 beta!
    · No cheats
    · No upgraded units (all units must be fresh newbies)
    · No mods and custom units (We use only vanilla units)
    · After battle replay must be uploaded to this thread for Bunny and Noif to check for cheating and see who won/lost

· If player doesn't appear to battlefield before deadline, he/she will be eliminated out from tournament and will be replaced on reserve player. You can't return to tournament, once you are replaced.
    · Siege weapons are BANNED!
    - Rome -faction is banned.
    - No red-line camping!
    · Money limit: 11700 (Large)

- To be fair for all: If you will get DC/crash or any problem in begin of match. Match need take again. If you are in melee-combat or you have lost many units during battle and give up battle. The winner is that person who stand last in battlefield. So don't join to tournament, if you think that your have dc/crash problem in your game! GIVING UP IS NOT ALLOWED IN GAME!

By signing up you AGREE to contact your opponent on the day of your match, when matches are released.

Anybody, who break tournament rules, He/she will be automatically out from tournament.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Normal army rules (For all faction except nomadic)

1 general (Ability is free to choose)

Max. 8 cavalry (include general unit!!! 7+1)
    Max. 1 elephant (if you use elephant as general unit, you can't take more elephants)
    Max. 1 chariot (Optional)

max. 6 ground skirmishers/archers
    max. 8 Pike units
    Unlimited spear/swords units
    Unlimited wardogs
    ---------------------------------------
    If you use nomadic factions:

1 general (Ability is free to choose)

max. 6 ground skirmish
    max. 8 bow/javelin cavalry
    Unlimited melee/spear units cavalry/ground units

Max. Units: 20 FOR BOTH Normal/nomadic.

Max 4 same named ground units, max. 5 same named for cavalry!
    try use other named units too. (example: 4 levy pikemen and 4 pikemen, 5 citizen cavalry and 3 other cavalry.)

-------------------------------------------------------
    To get this tournament started, we need 8 names or +16! Join now! Rewards are godlikes!

CALL YOUR TWC FRIENDS TO TOURNAMENT!

Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; August 07, 2014 at 01:59 PM.

Content Emeritus

Default Re: Total war: Rome 2 Tournament SIGN UP!

You can practice on these maps now:
    These maps you can find in MAIN CAMPAIGN on ready listed location in right corner!

MAP: Attacker-defender location

Nemetocenna (west-east)
    Stonehenge (west-east/north-south )
    Pyramids (North-south)
    Akink (west-east)

we will play on these 4 maps on rounds. Example: First round Pyramids, semi-finals stonehenge etc...

Grand Final and Shameful Bronze matches will be in unique map, so that map I will tell after semi-finals.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONTENDERS:

- DarrenTotalWar
    - IlluminatiRex
    - GoTW Kubee
    - sobchack
    - EpicFrench
    - PrussianPrince
    - Totalwar_Legend
    - Wiertz
    - The Caledonian
    - M_1512
    - Adamwestisgod
    - iWarsaw
    - Blackwolf
    - the germans are coming
    - Omnipotent-Q
    ---------------------------------
    RESERVE

Mysterious reward is now released and the tournament winner will get Intel i7 CPU 4770k by CraigTW (CA)

Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; August 07, 2014 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Contenders changes & Bracket update

IMPORTANT. DO NOT SKIP.

Just to clear up any confusion:

Bracket change: The Prussian Prince is now matched against Adamwestisgod

Bracket change: Broskiderpman is now matched against Lord William

Bracket change: GoTW KUBEE is now matched against Black Wolf

I have messaged contestants. That is final. Good luck!

All credit for vid goes to DarrenTotalWar

1) All battle replay files will be posted in this thread by you

-Save your battle replay.

2) When you find who your opponent is send them a message on TWC right away with your steam profile web address. Not your steam name because there will be duplicates using your name as well. Chat message your opponent so you can set up your match. Do everything as soon as you can.

For example, my steam address is http://steamcommunity.com/id/BunnyPoopCereal

-THIS LINK IS WHAT YOU NEED TO SEND YOUR OPPONENT BY MESSAGE BUT WITH YOUR STEAM ID NAME.

SCHEDULE:

1) Last day to sign up will be Friday July 25th 11:59PM GMT-6 (Forum time).

2) Match schedule:

Round 1 will begin Sunday July 27th

Round 2 will begin Wednesday July 30th

Round 3 Will begin Friday August 1st

Round 4 Final and Bronze match will begin Sunday August 3rd

Note: Depending on turn-out we will extend tournament.

3) When we publish brackets for each round we will also announce the map for that round.

Feel free to ask questions.

Additional information: Noif and I have hand picked all the flat maps available in Rome II. If you want a head start, begin practicing using all the flat maps you can find, even the ones with lots of forest or desert.

FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Walter View Post
    Round one will 'begin' on the 27th, but are we allowed to play our game on the 28th?
    Good question. You are allowed 1 day (The 27th) to play your match for that round. We will announce brackets the next day which will give you time to practice the map picked and to contact your opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    What will I win when I win it
    Rep and medals from the site.

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    the day of the games are fixed but the times have to be negotiated between the players?
    Exactly, as soon as we release the brackets you should contact your opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by The Germans are coming View Post
    live stream?
    Not by us, but individuals may stream if they wish it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal View Post
    in. my steam id: ragnarokhuscarl
    This is a good example of what not to do. I have already given an example above.
    Last edited by BunnyPoopCereal; July 28, 2014 at 05:05 PM.

DarrenTotalWar's Avatar Video/Podcast Creator
    Citizen

Sigh me up! I'm on holiday and can't really do anything until 23rd

Check out my latest video: Unit Expansion Mods

Lionheartx10's Avatar Youtube Crazy!

Sounds like good fun! Sign me up!
    “To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle.”

http://www.youtube.com/user/lionheartx10

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Sign me up!
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

I'll probably get schooled having never played MP Rome II, but nonetheless I'm in!

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Content Emeritus

Important! Remember check updated rules!

I have a few suggestions regarding the ruleset:

- Firstly, I would strongly suggest allowing more than 3 cavalry and 4 missiles. From my experience, something like max 6-8 cav and skirmishers works best, since otherwise gameplay will be very static and boring. Furthermore, limiting cavalry and missiles to such an extent would severely limit the viability of several factions (Pontus, Baktria, Parthia, etc.)

- I would recommend making a max 1 chariot rule as well, since chariots can still be insanely powerful.

- A max 6 cap on the same unit card is used in most TW tournaments to prevent spamming and make gameplay more interesting.

- I would recommend having a pool of flat maps to choose from rather than allowing people to choose their own maps. This is to ensure that no one has an unfair advantage (e.g. having a massive hill in their deployment zone).

- Artillery is banned in virtually every TW tournament because it just promotes camping.

Quote Originally Posted by GoTW Kubee View Post

- Firstly, I would strongly suggest allowing more than 3 cavalry and 4 missiles. From my experience, something like max 6-8 cav and skirmishers works best, since otherwise gameplay will be very static and boring. Furthermore, limiting cavalry and missiles to such an extent would severely limit the viability of several factions (Pontus, Baktria, Parthia, etc.)

- I would recommend making a max 1 chariot rule as well, since chariots can still be insanely powerful.

- A max 6 cap on the same unit card is used in most TW tournaments to prevent spamming and make gameplay more interesting.

- I would recommend having a pool of flat maps to choose from rather than allowing people to choose their own maps. This is to ensure that no one has an unfair advantage (e.g. having a massive hill in their deployment zone).

- Artillery is banned in virtually every TW tournament because it just promotes camping.
    Will take a second look and discuss with Noif now. Thank you for the feedback!

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by GoTW Kubee View Post

1. We will gonna make changes to those unit limits on cavalry.

2. We can set 1 limit for Chariots as like we did for elephants.

3. Good idea, I have not think about it. Like we don't want to see "15 pretorians"

4. Pool of maps we are planned with Bunny and we will release those maps for you all, before we start matches. TIP: We will gonna play in flat maps where is no much advantage for both side if you wanna make practice match before tournament. Each round have own map, so everyone have same map except in Grand final and bronze match. Grand Final map will be surprise!

5. "May it happen" "Banhammer for artillery"

I am now updating now rules

Cool, and sign me up pls I forgot to say that in my post lol.
    Last edited by GoTW Kubee; July 20, 2014 at 02:05 PM.

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Sign me up!

I'm in.
    炸鸡

Round one will 'begin' on the 27th, but are we allowed to play our game on the 28th?
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

sign me up as well, i've been enjoying R2 multiplayer more and more lately

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Walter View Post
    Good question. You are allowed 1 day (The 27th) to play your match for that round. We will announce brackets the next day which will give you time to practice the map picked and to contact your opponent.

Sign me up plz !

Are Eles and chars in cav limit? Please say yes. XD
    炸鸡

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    Are Eles and chars in cav limit? Please say yes. XD
    Check it again Both Eles./Chars. are limited to 1. They are not in cav. limit.
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; July 21, 2014 at 11:02 AM.

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast