Thread: Diplomacy - My Biggest Gripe

Default Diplomacy - My Biggest Gripe

So diplomacy is probably my biggest pet peeve with the RTW engine. Everyone says that it's hard coded, but considering that RTW and M2TW are using the same code base, how can this be? (Alright, perhaps they continued to flesh it out with M2TW)

So I did some digging and happened across this: http://t-a-w.blogspot.com/2009/11/wh...edieval-2.html

I'm wondering if there is a similar text file locked inside a CAB somewhere? (I would be shocked if this has been missed though, considering it seems like nearly every nook and cranny of the RTW engine has been fully documented)

Default Re: Diplomacy - My Biggest Gripe

You answered your own question.
    The RTW engine has been fully explored.

End Result Diplomacy in RTW is FUBAR
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Battlefield's Avatar Civis

My guess is that the RTW engine probably contains the same diplomacy files that M2TW engine has. However, they are probably hidden deep within the exe file of RTW while M2TW extracted those files from the engine and allowed modders to edit them.
    Last edited by Battlefield; July 27, 2014 at 12:15 PM.
    Rome Total War mods
    INVASIO BARBARORVM | Roma Surrectum | Rome Total Realism
    Medieval 2 Total War mods
    Stainless Steel | Europa Barbarorum II | Broken Crescent

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

That's a bummer. I ran across this tonight. I wonder if it's applicable for the RSII mod? Diplomacy guide: http://www.priomh.com/Random/RTWDiplomacy.pdf

So I read (and then re-read) through that last document I linked. I got to wondering if anyone had ever tried simply not getting into alliances with other factions? And instead just merely doing small gifts / map info and trade rights.

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Risasi View Post
    So I read (and then re-read) through that last document I linked. I got to wondering if anyone had ever tried simply not getting into alliances with other factions? And instead just merely doing small gifts / map info and trade rights.
    Yes; i'm curently playing without allies/alliances. Trade-talks and ceasefire offers accepted and allowed, and nothing else. I'm playing with Roma, 0-turn as usual, M/M. My own rule: diplomatical contacts allowed only with diplomats and family members. Every army stepping on Italian soil owned by me IS attacked immediately regardless of consequencess. I'm not use forced diplo.