Thread: [AAR] Terra Universalis (Version 2)

Mike Louis's Avatar Laetus

Icon1 [AAR] Terra Universalis (Version 2)

Technical Info

• Patch Version: 2.1.6
    • Expansion DLCs Active: SoI, LoR, The Republic, TOG, SoA, RoI
    • Mods Used: Miriam's Legacy (personal), Female Religious Clothing
    • Start Year: 867 (Old Gods Start)
    • Realm: Eretz Yisrael (Custom Titular Empire)

Default Re: [AAR] Terra Universalis (Version 2)

AAR Notes: Part One

In my personal mod, Miriam's Legacy I introduced a new threat to Europe and the Middle East, the Scythian Amazons.

With a PoD starting in the 600s, the Scythian Amazons from their homeland on the shores of the Black Sea began invading Europe and the Middle East. Splitting into two groups, the western branch pillaged Italy before settling in southern Italy and and North Africa, founding the realms of Sicily (Southern Italy and Sicily) and Cyrenaica (North Africa). The eastern branch meanwhile invaded Syria, Cyprus, and Crete, establishing petty states in those areas.

Influenced by the Jews who in this timeline wasn't driven out of Israel by the Roman Emperor Hadrian, the Scythian Amazons in both Syria and Cyrenaica converted to Judaism by the end of the 7th century. the Scythian Amazons in southern Italy and Sicily went native, and at the Synod of Naples converted to Catholicism, adapting it to fit into their warlike matriarchal society. Thus Amazon Rite Catholicism was founded, centered in Naples with a High Matriarch as its spiritual leader. By the Old Gods start date, the Roman Empire (called the Byzantine Empire by later historians) is confined to the Balkans and Anatolia. Meanwhile an Israelite dynasty claiming descent from the biblical King David has unified the Levant under their rule. Egypt after centuries of foreign rule is independent under a semi-native ruler with a new cultural identity being centered around the Coptic Church. A storm however is fast approaching the civilized lands of the West. Threatened from the north by Viking raiders and from the south by Scythian Amazon war bands, both Europe and the Middle East brace for the troubles ahead.

AAR Notes: Part Two

In-Game Scythian Cultural Mechanics

• Part of Byzantine culture group
    • Uses East Slavic Portrait set
    • Blinding and Castration enabled
    • Locked into Enatic gender inheritance, regardless of faith

In-Game Amazon Pagan Religion Mechanics

• Is a more warlike variant of the Hellenic Pagan religion
    • Amazon Pagan characters have +4 martial bonus
    • Prepared Invasions enabled
    • Looting and river movement enabled
    • Female temple holders enabled
    • Feminist: Female ruler/heir opinion penalty nullified
    • Loses prestige if at peace for too long
    • AI Amazon Pagan rulers are highly aggressive
    • More severe short reign penalty
    • Amazon Pagan faith can be reformed in-game

In-Game Amazon Rite Catholic Mechanics

• Papal succession enabled for the High Matriarch
    • Locked into either Enatic or Enatic-Cognatic gender inheritance
    • Amazon Rite Catholic characters have +4 martial bonus
    • Female temple holders enabled
    • Feminist: Female ruler/heir opinion penalty nullified
    • AI Amazon Rite Catholic rulers are highly aggressive
    • More severe short reign penalty

Terra Universalis: A Crusader Kings 2 AAR

Terra in the year 867

Political Map

Cultural Map

Religious Map

The Levant in 867

Diary of David III: Part One

January 1: Started construction of new city holdings in the counties of Beersheba, Monreal, and Negev.

December 9: My sister Princess Miriam, the Duchess of Damascus dies of complications from childbirth. My niece Miriam inherits her lands, while Countess Ruth of Az Zarqa is elected as the new Duchess.

February 25: I heard a rumor that Joram, the Chancellor of Tortosa is plotting to kill Baasha, the Marshal of Tortosa and the Lord Mayor's heir.

That's Lord Mayor Gabrielid's problem, not mine.

April 2: Rabbi Adam of Sidon, my Court Rabbi dies of illness. Rabbi Issachar of Banyas is appointed Court Rabbi. Also I heard a rumor that Countess Antiope of Homs is trying forge some documents giving her a claim on the Duchy of Aleppo.

That's Duchess Abigail's problem, not mine.

May 29: Good news, I received word that my wife Matilda is with child.

December 30: My wife Matilda gave birth to our second daughter. She will be named Semiramis.

January 1: The following city holdings have finished construction: Abu-Zqayqa (Beersheba), Idan (Monreal), and Haluza (Negev).

January 2: I made the following appointments: Jeroboam Jeroboamid - Mayor of Abu-Zqayqa, Parsbit - Mayor of Idan, and Ada - Mayor of Haluza.

July 26: I received word from my spymaster Mayor Gershon of Sarafand that the Rabbi of Bethlehem is involved in some shady dealings.

The rabbi in question was fined 50 gold shekels.

Dairy of David III: Part Two

January 29: I received word that Duchess Leah of Cilicia and the local provincial assembly had set Cilicia's city taxation rate to Minimal.

March 1: The local bards and scribes now refer to me as "David the Great".

April 21: I received word that Countess Lydia of Aintab died under suspicious circumstances. Since she has no daughters, her lands reverts under Amazon Law to her liege Duchess Jael of Edessa.

871:

January 8: I received word that Caliph Al-Mu'tazz of the Abbasid Caliphate had set the Caliphate's crown authority to Limited.

Last I checked, the Abbasids have no power here.

August 12: Kohen Gadol Nisi has died in his sleep. I received word that Parsbit, a young master theologian is the new Kohen Gadol.

It seems that the Scythian-Syrian rabbis decided to make a power play for the High Priesthood.

November 30: I received word that Rina Arakid, the Marshal of Palmyra is plotting to kill Gabrielle Ramlid, the Spymaster of Palmyra.

Lord Mayor Ithiel isn't even dead yet, and already there's a succession struggle for the Lord Mayor's office.

February 7: I received word that Duchess Abigail of Aleppo and the local provincial assembly had set Aleppo's city taxation rate to Minimal.

November 24: An envoy from the Caliphate brings word of the Caliph's declaration of war against us.

So the Abbasid dog has declared a so-called "jihad" for Syria! It's high time that fool was brought down to size! It's a shame I had to cancel the upcoming feast on account of that bastard!

November 27: I hired the Israelite and Amazonian mercenary companies. Their primary task is to invade the Abbasid lands and wreck havoc there.

December 25: I hired the Cyrenaican Sisters and the Cyrenaican Company. Their primary task is to defend Syria against the Abbasids.

February 3: I received word that Satrap Ubaudallah of Esfahan is joining the Abbasid Caliph on his futile and pointless "jihad".

February 14: I received word that Abbasid forces are besieging Damascus.

No matter, the Cyrenaican mercenaries I hired will arrive at Damascus soon enough and make short work of them.

March 1: Good news, our mercenary invasion force led by Captain Helena the Lionheart has crushed a small Abbasid force at the battle of Nukhaib.

March 16: Mahwash, one of the Abbasid Caliph's secondary wives was taken prisoner by our forces while trying to flee.

March 26: Captain Miriam, commander of the Cyrenaican mercenaries, defeated the main Abbasid invasion force at the battle of Qsar Bardawil near Damascus. As a bonus, Wâli Mubarak of Rawa who was one of the Abbasid commanders, was killed during the battle.

April 11: Captain Miriam pursued the retreating Abbasid forces and crushed them at the battle of Al Mafraq.

May 30: My wife Matilda has given birth to our first son. He will be named Jehoahaz.

June 3: Captain Miriam has defeated a second Abbasid invasion force at the battle of Druz.

July 21: Captain Helena the Lionheart has defeated the Abbasids at the 1st battle of Baqubah near Baghdad.

October 17: A attempt by the Abbasids to relieve Baghdad was crushed at the 2nd battle of Baqubah.

November 24: A second Abbasid attempt to relieve Baghdad was crushed at the battle of Taji. As a bonus, Wâli Jibri of Bagdad was killed during the battle.

December 20: Caliph Al-Mu'tazz finally sues for peace, ending the Jihad for Syria.

I shall cut him down to size when the truce ends.

January 14: I ransomed Mahwash back to the Caliph.

June 29: I received word that Duchess Ruth of Damascus has formed a faction for the lowering of crown authority in Syria.

I officially place Duchess Ruth on my Watch List. I defended her lands against a jihad, and this is the thanks I get.

August 20: The Knesset officially votes to set the city taxation rate throughout Israel to Minimal.