Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some Chinese mods that are from AUH's timeline

Default Some Chinese mods that are from AUH's timeline

Hi all,

Everybody is probably losing hope in AUH's release (or maybe not), but as I said recently AUH and DOMOD are collaborating and sharing assets as they both have a common goal.

This is unconfirmed, but to play these mods you have to change your computer's System Locale into 'Chinese PRC (Simplified). Something to do with the unicode on Chinese mods.

1. Shaoding

Pretty much a mod in progress that is the main goal for AUH and DOMOD. The Song is divided into 4 separate factions. Most of their immediate neighbors are more or less complete (Dali, Tibet, Jin, XiLiao [Kara-Khitan], XiXia [Tangut Empire]) Goryeo is still under construction as most Korean historical research is being devoted to the Imjin War mod, another project of DOMOD.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3f...d/Shaoding.rar

2. Man Jiang Hong (River of Blood)

This mod feels more like Eras: Total Conquest in that it spans from Great Britain to Japan. The factions are more or less complete in terms of unit design though balance isn't complete and many placeholders are used. Content seems to be drawn from a lot of different mods from both Western and Eastern modders. Still fun to watch Crusaders fight Samurai. Each province has a unique "mercenary" unit. Time period seems to be from 1200s-1500s

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/km...j5c7e6/mjh.rar

Warning: Both mods are in Simplified Chinese. If you know your M2 UI interface well then you shouldn't really have a problem playing.
    Last edited by IGdood; January 30, 2015 at 06:45 PM.

Default Re: Some Chinese mods that are from AUH's timeline

I think that can add on war in late ming 1.0 beta,3.1 beta and 2.0 beta the sight of empire 1.8A,1.8B tang dynasty 2.0 medival 2 total war

He's talking about AUH timeline, so, no, Tang, Ming and any other don't apply.

So, are they updating the Song unit models? The Tibetan units are rather nice, but they don't fit well with the others. I'd prefer if they kept the AUH Tibetan units.

Also, do you know why did they separate the Song in those factions? Are they representing the 4 capitals or something else I did not get?

I speak that tang, minh dynasy can find see at three this forus: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1o6JR7M6 , http://www.1mod.org/forum.php?mod=forumdisplay&fid=82 and http://domod.kupai.me/forum.php : Tiếng cười:

Quote Originally Posted by Yayattasa View Post
    He's talking about AUH timeline, so, no, Tang, Ming and any other don't apply.

So, are they updating the Song unit models? The Tibetan units are rather nice, but they don't fit well with the others. I'd prefer if they kept the AUH Tibetan units.

Also, do you know why did they separate the Song in those factions? Are they representing the 4 capitals or something else I did not get?

The Song unit models seem more or less set in stone at the moment. I believe the AUH models for the cataphract Tibetan cavalry have been kept. While they are sharing assets and information they will still release their mods independently due to slightly differing goals.

AUH is like Europa Barbarorum while DOMOD's Shaoding will be like...Rome Total Realism/Roma Surrectum I guess?

The Song were separated into 4 factions to better represent the different army units that each border had. The border army/faction facing the Jin have better cavalry units since they were closer to the North whereas another border army/region would have better infantry but access to only the most basic of militia cavalry (guys with light armor, a sword, maybe a shield, and a hat).

That's pretty cool, is there an english version? If not, I guess I'll start learning chinese sooner than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by The Computer Illiterate View Post
    That's pretty cool, is there an english version? If not, I guess I'll start learning chinese sooner than expected.
    When the mods are more complete I will translate them myself... Assuming school doesn't kill me first

Patch for Shaoding released today updating it to Version 0.82.

Adds/updates some siege weapon models and polishes up the mod with some balance changes as well as removing some things from vanilla M2.
    Also adds in a really neat main menu.

https://www.mediafire.com/?67a4x1t0gxvzvq1

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by IGdood; January 25, 2015 at 05:21 PM.

Hmm, I'm sure the main menu was already included in 0.8.

AuH units look just too nice

thanks for sharing

Hmm, I'm sure the main menu was already included in 0.8.
    Not sure, I just thought it got animated in the current patch

Quote Originally Posted by xHolyCrusader View Post
    AuH units look just too nice

thanks for sharing

No problem. Apologies first off; I don't mean to put a non-AUH mod in this forum, but when I go on vacation I'll begin translating DOMOD's mods and I'll create my own thread in the M2 Modding Threads.

Their Imjin War mod is going to be released later this month, but I don't go on vacation until December... I guess I can do one unit entry a day after studies or at least translate some of the basics first.

I think it's within the insterests of AUH fans to know how the assets are being used in Shaoxing and how they can "preview" them there. It's like in the IB subforum, where they allow a thread to debate Attila: Total War even though there's a forum for that.

~~/~/~/~~/~/~~

EDIT: I see they changed Menggu startpos to include Tartar, Onghirat, Giyan, Onghut and Kelly (not really sure this one name's right), but they left Taichiud and Kerait out. I'm quite sure that's not accurate.

I think they should split them into:
    -Khamag
    -Kereyid
    -Kirghiz
    -Oirat
    -Buryat
    -Merkid
    -Tatar
    -Naiman
    If you unify them all you form the Menggu Khanlig.
    That's totally doable because there are several empty faction slots.
    Also, the Kingdom of Qocho (Uyghur) should be be included as a vassal to the XiLiao.

~/~/~/~/~/~~~/~~~/~~
    I see they changed the spearmen animations for the Song factions. The animations themselves look cool, but it doesn't look like they are fighting with spears. Other factions seem unaltered.
    Last edited by Yayattasa; October 04, 2014 at 02:53 PM.

I think it's within the insterests of AUH fans to know how the assets are being used in Shaoxing and how they can "preview" them there. It's like in the IB subforum, where they allow a thread to debate Attila: Total War even though there's a forum for that.

~~/~/~/~~/~/~~

EDIT: I see they changed Menggu startpos to include Tartar, Onghirat, Giyan, Onghut and Kelly (not really sure this one name's right), but they left Taichiud and Kerait out. I'm quite sure that's not accurate.

I think they should split them into:
    -Khamag
    -Kereyid
    -Kirghiz
    -Oirat
    -Buryat
    -Merkid
    -Tatar
    -Naiman
    If you unify them all you form the Menggu Khanlig.
    That's totally doable because there are several empty faction slots.
    Also, the Kingdom of Qocho (Uyghur) should be be included as a vassal to the XiLiao.

~/~/~/~/~/~~~/~~~/~~
    I see they changed the spearmen animations for the Song factions. The animations themselves look cool, but it doesn't look like they are fighting with spears. Other factions seem unaltered.
    Taichiud is already included,Kerait is maybe the Kelly in the map?
    We plan to add Uyghur and Nhà Hậu Lŭ in the future

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    Patch for Shaoding released today updating it to Version 0.82.

Adds/updates some siege weapon models and polishes up the mod with some balance changes as well as removing some things from vanilla M2.
    Also adds in a really neat main menu.

https://www.mediafire.com/?67a4x1t0gxvzvq1

Iam playing this mod it look very good but i just was started learn chinese few day ago so i can't understand all thing in this mod
    If you can please post the list of faction in this mod

Quote Originally Posted by Verdi View Post
    Iam playing this mod it look very good but i just was started learn chinese few day ago so i can't understand all thing in this mod
    If you can please post the list of faction in this mod

Hi

Late reply but I will try to periodically post about the factions in Shaoding as well as their rosters.

This one is about the Song "Liang Huai" or Huai River Border Army. They were specialized in fighting Jin Dynasty troops.

Strength: Balanced roster, excellent ranged units.
    Weakness: Units have high upkeep, difficult campaign map starting position

Song General's Bodyguard

Sword Militia

Pike Militia

Huai Army Swordsmen (The Huai Army was also called the Eight-Character Army due to their motto having eight characters: “赤心報國,誓殺金賊” which translates to "Loyal in protecting the nation, pledged to kill all Jin bandits.")

Huai Army Spearmen

Huai Army Pikemen

Huai Army Changdao Swordsmen

Militia Archers

Militia Crossbows

Militia Flower Spear (In other words Handgunners)

Song Archers

Song Crossbows

Song Gunners

"Enemy-Vanquishing" Crossbowmen, in other words they wield the Divine Crossbow which is the Song Dynasty's steel arbalest used to counter enemy heavy cavalry

Song Riders

Song Heavy Cavalry

Song Ballista

Song Stone Thrower

Song Fire Pot Thrower

Last edited by IGdood; January 21, 2015 at 07:13 PM.

And now for another roster

Song JingHu Border Army stationed at an area slightly to the south of Henan.

Strength: Balanced roster, excellent heavy cavalry choices
    Weakness: Strong enemies at the beginning of the campaign, unit upkeep high.

JingXiang (refers to the seven prefectures of Jingzhou) Provincial Swordsmen

Jingxiang Provincial Sickle-Spearmen

Jingxiang Swordsmen

Jingxiang Changdao Swordsmen

Jingxiang Spearmen

Jingxiang Provincial Archers

They share some of the standard Song units such as regular archers and crossbowmen and riders, but the Jinghu army units wear red.

Jingxiang Heavy Cavalry

Beiwei Soldiers (Literally Towering Back Soldiers), the elite cavalry of Yue Fei's army

Song Xichuan Border Army

Interestingly, Xichuan is an old name for what is now Sichuan (or Szechwan).

Strength: Strong, hardy heavy infantry and mountain fighters.
    Weakness: Strong enemies at the beginning of the campaign, roster lacks cavalry.

Xichuan General's Bodyguard

Light Pikemen (literal translation, though they're more like medium pikemen)

Light Infantry (well they're axemen)

Light Halberdiers

Light Spearmen

Armored Pikemen

Armored Shieldbearers

Armored Axemen

Light Archers

Xichuan Light Crossbowmen

Heavy Archers

Heavy Crossbowmen

Xichuan Scout Cavalry

Their roster is unique in that they lack militia troops. The units they share with the other Song armies are the siege and gunpowder units.

And the last of the Song factions, this is the Song Imperial Court.

Strength: Balanced roster, powerful economy
    Weakness: Units have extremely high upkeep but below average fighting ability

Imperial Pikemen

Dragon Banners of the Emperor

Imperial Swordsmen

Imperial Guardsmen/Polearm Wielders

Imperial Gold Spears

Imperial Archers

Imperial Crossbowmen

Imperial Scout Cavalry

Imperial Cavalrymen

Imperial General's Bodyguard

Emperor's Personal Guard

The Song Imperial Court roster shares the militia and siege units from the other rosters but all of its regular troops are Imperial.

Also added a missing Huai Army Pikemen picture to the Huai Army post.
    Last edited by IGdood; January 21, 2015 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by turkistmuhameds View Post
    where can I find see a link dowload Chu Storm total war? I very want play this mod )
    There is none.

And weren't you banned?

This roster is that of the Jin Dynasty

Strength: Strong heavy infantry and cavalry, has units capable of fighting in the woods.
    Weakness: Poor starting territories, elites are difficult to replenish.

Jin General's Bodyguard

Levied Han Swordsmen

Levied Han (Short) Spears

Jurchen Spearmen

Jurchen Infantry

塞外, or Sai Wai, is a term that means "Beyond the Great Wall"

So the full name of this unit is actually Jurchen Infantry from Beyond the Wall

Kind of reminds me of Wildlings from beyond the wall actually.

Jin Armored Spearmen

Jurchen Heavy Infantry

The characters here are "Tie Fu Tu" which can mean Iron Pagoda or Iron Buddhas. While usually mounted, these would be their dismounted version.

Bohai Javelinmen

Bohai Crossbowmen

Jurchen Archers

Sky-Splitting Thunder (In other words, Thunder Bombers)

Jurchen Swordsmen

Jin Armored Crossbowmen

Jin Diu Soldiers

The character refers to a certain group of Jin soldiers who were recruited from the Khitans.

Jurchen Heavy Cavalry

Tiefutu (mounted version)

Jurchen Mounted Archers

Jin Diu Soldiers

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

It's a shame that after five years AUH hasn't been released yet, but these mods look just as good. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast