Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug fix Patch for HTW 3.6

Default Re: Bug fix Patch for HTW 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    Yeah, but how can we test both and have two different patches? This forum saw around three different Agitha CTD fixes, and none of them were compatible. We can't just change one half and the other. Everything needs to change. Remember, this is all for the benefit of Neph, who will decide if what we've done works or not.
    Me personaly, I think balancing is important, and even if we donīt like some changes is better for the mod to test it that way. We will have plenty of time to enjoy the game when is better balanced.
    All Iīm suggesting is that for those who care more about having fun than testing and balancing, is a feasible option to make an alternative patch as long as they are up for the trouble of doing so and donīt get in the way of those working to improve the mod.

I understand that this is more to help Neph than for entertainment, but if some people rather be less involved and have more fun I donīt see any problem as long as they pull that of thenselves. All that Mark may need to do is to give someone else a copy of his compilation of bug-fixes.

And now that you mention it, since Neph is who decies whatīs good and whatīs not, maybe having some different versions in the term of balance is actually good, maybe he wants Gunners to be that good, or in any case not that much nerfed.

In any case that is not too important, some of you people are doing great at testing, fixing and balancing and is better to coordinate all that the way it is being done.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Aleatorio View Post
    All Iīm suggesting is that for those who care more about having fun than testing and balancing, is a feasible option to make an alternative patch as long as they are up for the trouble of doing so and donīt get in the way of those working to improve the mod.

I understand that this is more to help Neph than for entertainment, but if some people rather be less involved and have more fun I donīt see any problem as long as they pull that of thenselves. All that Mark may need to do is to give someone else a copy of his compilation of bug-fixes.

And now that you mention it, since Neph is who decies whatīs good and whatīs not, maybe having some different versions in the term of balance is actually good, maybe he wants Gunners to be that good, or in any case not that much nerfed.

In any case that is not too important, some of you people are doing great at testing, fixing and balancing and is better to coordinate all that the way it is being done.
    I agree completely!

Labrynna was weak compared to the fairies of Tarm and the Zora Dominion anyway.

Now they won't probably stand a chance.

Okay so I've hit a bit of a snag trying to make Una spawn as a general? It's not crashing it just seems like there is no script, nothing happens. I've tried three or four different ways, I've tried to make her spawn at the start with Midna, I've tried to make her spawn the next turn. Literally nothing is working and I can't work out why. Does anyone have any ideas?

Heres the basic code that Ive used

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

spawn_army
    faction herooftime
    character Una, named character, age 90, x 244, y 15, portrait Una, battle_model invisible, direction N
    unit Una soldiers 1 exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Spider Swarm exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end

give_everything_to_faction herooftime twili false

send_character_off_map Una
    spawn_army
    faction twili
    character Una, named character, age 90, x 244, y 15, portrait Una, battle_model invisible, direction N
    end

console_command give_trait Una LoyaltyStarter 1
    console_command give_trait Una ReligionStarter 1
    console_command give_trait Una Intelligent 2
    console_command give_trait Una GoodCommander 3
    console_command give_trait Una Brave 4
    console_command give_trait Una ContentGeneral 2

console_command give_ancillary Una rank_general1

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor
    Last edited by tedster1995; July 13, 2014 at 06:51 AM.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by tedster1995 View Post
    Okay so I've hit a bit of a snag trying to make Una spawn as a general? It's not crashing it just seems like there is no script, nothing happens. I've tried three or four different ways, I've tried to make her spawn at the start with Midna, I've tried to make her spawn the next turn. Literally nothing is working and I can't work out why. Does anyone have any ideas?
    I'm confused? I was under the impression she spawns as an Unlocalized Placement Text unit for Midna. Doesn't she show up here at 3:53?
    http://youtu.be/5FPtTvhFNac?t=3m53s

(I wouldn't be posting my own playthrough, but I'm pretty sure that's here there. So shameful plug here)

Edit: Did you mean that she isn't a general, just a unit right now?
    Last edited by Drazule; July 13, 2014 at 07:50 AM.

Yea she just appears as a unit not a proper general, and turning her into one is not working at all

if extra info helps, i have put hef name into the two name.txt files
    Last edited by tedster1995; July 13, 2014 at 09:25 AM.

Maybe somebody should make a Broken Generals thread so this sort of thing can go on without cluttering the patch threads.

If not, just PM me and I'll just set up emails with ya so I can test it.

Civis

Heres the basic code that Ive used

spawn_army
    faction herooftime
    end

give_everything_to_faction herooftime twili false

send_character_off_map Una
    spawn_army
    faction twili
    end

console_command give_trait Una LoyaltyStarter 1
    console_command give_trait Una ReligionStarter 1
    console_command give_trait Una Intelligent 2
    console_command give_trait Una GoodCommander 3
    console_command give_trait Una Brave 4
    console_command give_trait Una ContentGeneral 2

console_command give_ancillary Una rank_general1

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor
    Thatīs strange, it should work, I had done the same and worked for me. Iīm thinking that the games always want to make it the hard way. Well, almost the same but I see a difference, and Iīm not sure if it is the problem. Try in the second spawn army to spawn in a different location. For example:
    So the first one has:
    spawn_army
    faction herooftime
    then the second one should be:
    spawn_army
    faction twili
    character Una, named character, age 90, x 244, y 17, portrait Una, battle_model invisible, direction N
    Test it and see if it works. Other than that I donīt know what causes the problem.

EDIT: On a second thought, at least in theory, it shouldnīt be any problem as it is supposed to spawn just aside from the unit of the first spawn.
    Last edited by fernavliz; July 13, 2014 at 11:48 AM.

No nothing has worked, I really cannot understand why though, I also don't understand why if I try to add her to the script, the game acts like I deleted it. I don't get an error or anything. It wouldn't be one of these hard coded limit things would it? Neph do you have any idea why? Has this ever happened to you?
    Last edited by tedster1995; July 13, 2014 at 12:55 PM.

I've managed to have Bronze and Iron Knuckles be recruitable at the Spirit Temple.
    The settlement size restriction isn't a problem as Aidaidorf starts off as a City anyway, which according to the tech tree, is the settlement level required for Knuckles to be recruited.
    I removed the event_counters, so nothing is blocking them anymore.
    Code:
    building hinterland_temple_d
    {
        religion orthodox
        levels spirittemple 
        {
            spirittemple requires factions { saxons, } 
            {
                capability
                {
                    recruit_pool "Bronze Knuckle"  1   0.1   1  0  requires factions { gerudo, }
                    recruit_pool "Iron Knuckle"  1   0.2   2  0  requires factions { gerudo, }
                    religion_level bonus 1                
                    happiness_bonus bonus 1
                    free_upkeep bonus 1
                }
                material stone
                construction  1 
                cost  15000 
                settlement_min village
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
        }
        plugins 
        {
        }
    }

Civis

No nothing has worked, I really cannot understand why though, I also don't understand why if I try to add her to the script, the game acts like I deleted it. I don't get an error or anything. It wouldn't be one of these hard coded limit things would it? Neph do you have any idea why? Has this ever happened to you?
    What type of unit is Una in Export_descr_unit.txt file? Maybe it has something to do with the problem with "elephant" type units. In version 3.5 and before, some heroes like for example tarm, veran, etc couldnīt have general status because some hardcore limitation. I remember it was mentioned somewhere that a solution was found but I donīt remember where.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by El Fonz0 View Post
    I've managed to have Bronze and Iron Knuckles be recruitable at the Spirit Temple.
    The settlement size restriction isn't a problem as Aidaidorf starts off as a City anyway, which according to the tech tree, is the settlement level required for Knuckles to be recruited.
    I removed the event_counters, so nothing is blocking them anymore.
    Code:

Iīm sure that works, but ... how well would it balance long turn?. It now seems that the gerudo gets early access to some heavy units [note that Iron knuckles were always or mostly inaccessible because the gerudo could not build plate armourer]; Although I agree that the gerudo needs those units because the gohmas seems overpowered, or at least in version 3.5 [I have not played a long campaign in 3.6].
    Last edited by fernavliz; July 13, 2014 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fernavliz View Post
    What type of unit is Una in Export_descr_unit.txt file? Maybe it has something to do with the problem with "elephant" type units. In version 3.5 and before, some heroes like for example tarm, veran, etc couldnīt have general status because some hardcore limitation. I remember it was mentioned somewhere that a solution was found but I donīt remember where.

EDIT:

Iīm sure that works, but ... how well would it balance long turn?. It now seems that the gerudo gets early access to some heavy units [note that Iron knuckles were always or mostly inaccessible because the gerudo could not build plate armourer]; Although I agree that the gerudo needs those units because the gohmas seems overpowered, or at least in version 3.5 [I have not played a long campaign in 3.6].
    If having access to Iron Knuckles from the start proves too overpowered, they can simply be relocked until their event is implemented.

Kahath's Avatar Civis

Sorry to interrupt your work, but did anyone ever find a solution to the turn 15 crash problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Kahath View Post
    Sorry to interrupt your work, but did anyone ever find a solution to the turn 15 crash problem?
    I believe the latest community patch features a Turn 15 fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahath View Post
    We have a thread for it, and its in the community patch. Pretty much, Ted changed it so instead of 15 armies spawning on turn 15, 5 armies spawn on turns 15, 16, and 17 each. The crash is apparently just a 'stress' issue from the game processing too much.

Quote Originally Posted by fernavliz View Post
    Yea she is an elephant unit, you wouldn't happen to know where the thread with this fix is would you?

edit:
    Well I tried to make Palagard and the Empress generals and that didn't work either, so I'm hoping I have just placed a comma in the wrong place or something and not a hardcoded limit,
    also here is a log which might have some answers

17:17:57.249 [game.script] [error] Script parsing error at line 2399, column 104 in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    Unrecognised unit data string ()
    17:17:57.249 [game.script] [error] Script parsing error at line 2401, column 17 in mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    Couldn't create a script from file mods/Hyrule/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt

If it helps I'll add the code I used, all the new code I added is highlighted in red.

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType huskus
    and I_TurnNumber = 1

spawn_army
    faction herooftime
    character Tamako, named character, age 40, x 196, y 156, portrait general_huskus, direction W
    unit Huskus1 exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit Huskus3 exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end

spawn_army
    faction herooftime
    character Palagard, named character, age 350, x 194, y 158, portrait Palagard, battle_model invisible, direction N
    unit Palagard soldiers 1 exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end

spawn_army
    faction herooftime
    character The_Empress, named character, age 70, x 190, y 161, portrait The_Empress, battle_model invisible, direction N
    unit Empress soldiers 1 exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end

give_everything_to_faction herooftime huskus false

send_character_off_map Tamako
    spawn_army
    faction huskus
    character Tamako, named character, age 40, x 196, y 156, portrait general_huskus, direction W
    unit Huskus2 exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end

send_character_off_map Palagard
    spawn_army
    faction huskus
    character Palagard, named character, age 350, x 194, y 158, portrait Palagard, battle_model invisible, direction N
    unit Palagard soldiers 1 exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end

send_character_off_map The_Empress
    spawn_army
    faction huskus
    character The_Empress, named character, age 70, x 190, y 161, portrait The_Empress, battle_model invisible, direction N
    unit Empress soldiers 1 exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    end

console_command give_trait Tamako LoyaltyStarter 1
    console_command give_trait Tamako ReligionStarter 1
    console_command give_trait Tamako Authoritarian 3

console_command give_trait Palagard LoyaltyStarter 1
    console_command give_trait Palagard ReligionStarter 1
    console_command give_trait Palagard Intelligent 2
    console_command give_trait Palagard GoodCommander 3
    console_command give_trait Palagard Brave 2
    console_command give_trait Palagard Loyal 3
    console_command give_trait Palagard Sage 2
    console_command give_trait Palagard KindRuler 2

console_command give_trait The_Empress LoyaltyStarter 1
    console_command give_trait The_Empress ReligionStarter 1
    console_command give_trait The_Empress GoodCommander 2
    console_command give_trait The_Empress Upright 3
    console_command give_trait The_Empress Xenophobia 2
    console_command give_trait The_Empress Cultured 2
    console_command give_trait The_Empress StrategicSkill 3

console_command give_ancillary Tamako rank_general1

siege_settlement Tamako, Palagards_Sanctuary, maintain

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor
    Last edited by tedster1995; July 14, 2014 at 11:37 AM.

@ tedster1995
    What about this...
    console_command give_ancillary Tamako rank_general1
    I would say try putting these lines in...
    console_command give_ancillary Palagard rank_general1
    console_command give_ancillary The_Empress rank_general1

Good luck with it all. I hope it works soon.

No that didn't work, I have triple checked the code and I can't see what's wrong, I have a nasty feeling it may be another limit.

Well this stinks...
    I can't conquer the Darknuts as the Gohma, because that Horseman cavalry unit the Darknut use will cause a CTD... I can't even fight back with out a CTD...

I really want all the unts that cause CTD when in Battle to be fixed. It's as game breaking if not more so then the "Turn 15 Crash"....

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Neph do you have any idea why?
    Is the name "Una" in both of the character name text files?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    Well this stinks...
    I can't conquer the Darknuts as the Gohma, because that Horseman cavalry unit the Darknut use will cause a CTD... I can't even fight back with out a CTD...

I really want all the unts that cause CTD when in Battle to be fixed. It's as game breaking if not more so then the "Turn 15 Crash"....
    The Mazrua are crashing because they do not have enough rider slots to accommodate a General. If they are used as a general unit they crash the game, otherwise they should be fine. The Mazura can be fixed, but sadly the Manhandalites can never ever be fixed or the riders will not work on them.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Is the name "Una" in both of the character name text files?
    Yep as is the empress and palagard and no joy , I'm assuming you mean names.txt and descr_names.txt