Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Bug fix Patch for HTW 3.6

Default Re: Bug fix Patch for HTW 3.6

Does the CP 4b work with Tedster's sub-mod? As in all the patched files won't be set back to their original copies by downloading and installing his sub-mod? If I knew how to do it, I'd make the next CP two separate files, one with all the changes made thus far, then the other file as one including Tedster's sub mod with the changes made here. Is there a way to do this if it hasn't already been done?

Preety much all the fixes from the patches are in the submod so you dont need to download both, the only things that arnt in the submod yet are the two fixes i recently posted, so they can be added on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tedster1995 View Post
    Preety much all the fixes from the patches are in the submod so you dont need to download both, the only things that arnt in the submod yet are the two fixes i recently posted, so they can be added on top of it.
    Alright, thank you for letting me know. I've been messing around with the game a bit trying to find bugs and weird glitches. I found a few playing as the twilight campaign.
    When I was playing as Midna and changed the "zanti" to "twili" as it said on this article and beat Zant, it then gave me the option to surrender to Zant instead of the opposite way around.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ;######### As Midna ############
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType twili
    and not I_CharacterExists Queen_Midna
    and I_SettlementOwner Palace_of_Twilight twili
    and I_SettlementOwner Elmenzhia twili
    and I_SettlementOwner Uzu twili
    and I_SettlementOwner Valran twili
    and I_TurnNumber > 1
    and not IsFactionAIControlled

;add_events
    set_event_counter midna_surrender_accepted 0
    set_event_counter midna_surrender_declined 0
    ;end_add_events

historic_event midna_surrender true

terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

I also found an un-localized placement bug on Validna's unit description if you captured her or any of her units fighting her. I'll see if I can mess around with the text files to fix it, but don't have a clue what I'm doing really lol.

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

Another small update focusing on the Twili Civil War fixes provided by tedster1995 and faction defeats.

Community Patch 4c:

General
    - Factions are now defeated immediately after the last settlement has been taken instead of waiting several turns. (Untested)
    -- Exceptions: Wizzrobe, Ikana, Zola, and the Sheikah still use their old code due to their unique gameplay mechanics. The Stalfos do not seem to have any code under the Defeat section.

Twili Civil War
    - Minda can now offer Zant to surrender.
    - Minda can now attack Zant without crashing.

Sheikah:
    - The Sheikah can enter Death Stance once again. The crash was an error on my part when adding in the ability to recruit Skull Knights.
    - Skull Knights no longer require a wizard tower to be built for recruitment. (It is either have the requirement or lose the religion, happiness, and free upkeep bonuses.)

I'm just playing Hyrule Warriors, don't mind me or the notes found in the ReadMe.txt...
    Hibernation State: Playing Nintendo games and working on personal projects.

Thank you again for patching and putting together all these files Tedster and SirMark. You both have helped out this community quite a bit.

Would any one be interested in a Economic balance patch For HTW?

One of the things I would like to have fixed is the "Trade Base Income Bonus"

Right now how it works is, For every 1 value "trade_base_income_bonus" you have for a settlement. You get 1 rupee for each settlement this settlement can trade with. This is a problems though. Because You spend hundreds or thousands of Rupees to get these "trade_base_income_bonus" values. But they give you Penney's(Green rupees if you prefer) in exchange.
    An example of this is in the spoiler below.

building market
    {
    levels corn_exchange market fairground great_market merchants_quarter
    {
    corn_exchange requires factions { hylian, gerudo, kokiri, ordona, lanayru, deku, labrynna, zuna, subrosian, tokay, } and building_present_min_level hinterland_issettlement issettlement_2
    {
    capability
    {
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 1
    happiness_bonus bonus 1
    }
    material wooden
    construction 2
    cost 600
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    market
    }
    }
    market requires factions { hylian, gerudo, kokiri, ordona, lanayru, labrynna, zuna, } and building_present_min_level hinterland_issettlement issettlement_2
    {
    capability
    {
    agent merchant 0 requires factions { goron, }
    agent merchant 0 requires factions { ordona, }
    agent merchant 0 requires factions { deku, }
    agent merchant 0 requires factions { zuna, }
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2
    happiness_bonus bonus 2
    agent_limit merchant 1
    }
    material wooden
    construction 3
    cost 1200
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    fairground
    }
    }
    fairground requires factions { hylian, kokiri, ordona, lanayru, labrynna, } and building_present_min_level hinterland_issettlement issettlement_3
    {
    capability
    {
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 3
    happiness_bonus bonus 3
    agent_limit merchant 1
    }
    material wooden
    construction 4
    cost 2400
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    great_market
    }
    }
    great_market requires factions { hylian, ordona, lanayru, labrynna, } and building_present_min_level hinterland_issettlement issettlement_4
    {
    capability
    {
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 4
    happiness_bonus bonus 4
    agent_limit merchant 1
    }
    material wooden
    construction 5
    cost 4800
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    merchants_quarter
    }
    }
    merchants_quarter requires factions { ordona, lanayru, } and building_present_min_level hinterland_issettlement issettlement_5
    {
    capability
    {
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 5
    happiness_bonus bonus 5
    agent_limit merchant 1
    }
    material wooden
    construction 6
    cost 9600
    settlement_min village
    upgrades
    {
    }
    }
    }
    plugins
    {
    }
    }

My proposal to fix this, is to change the values from ratios of 1 to ratios of 5. This will hopefully fix the issue. But it may need to be increased more.

But there are a few things that may make this unbalanced.
    1) Are Merchant agents affected by the trade_base_income_bonus of a settlement?
    2) What are the affects of the Trade Rights Treaty, on Merchant agents and a settlement trade_base_income_bonus value?
    3) Are these affects world map wide or location pacific?

Now lastly. I think it is in the games best interest to make it that all factions that are supposed to get merchant agents. Well, actually get them in game.
    I believe " Tedster's Submod + trait balancing," actually incorporates these merchant agents and in their proper places. But it would be nice if it was also true for the Community Patchs.

O... And about the Gorons getting way over powered by this Economic balance patch. Just make their Unit's upkeep High. They do eat Rupees and other gems after all. Plus, It would incorporate the game lore, in which people will be interested in conquering The Death Mountain Range for it's high Income Values.
    Last edited by Eldren; October 22, 2014 at 02:11 PM.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Taking Death Mountain practically pays for itself!

Coffeemancer's Avatar Foederatus

Heyo lads. long time no see.
    anyways, I decided to download the mod again and got this patch too but a most odd thing is happening.
    No matter what faction I chose for campaigns I become hyrule.

Also, been out of the loop. What's the deal with these boats and ritos?

The game has a Hotseat thing setup. What you technically did was play a game as both Hyrule and the other faction. You'll see that Hyrule will still be highlighted once you select another faction. Simply click Hyrule again to make sure it isn't selected as well, and you'll be fine.

And Neph plans for a Great Sea expansion pack based off of The Wind Waker and the other games in that series. They wont appear in vanilla Hyrule Total War.

Coffeemancer's Avatar Foederatus

Aha. thanks!

Well well, that sounds interesting!

Laetus

Hello everyone, I hope I am not doing a mistake by posting my message here :

I play the Twili (Midna's side in the campaign/Or simply in custom battle) and I encounter a recurring problem, once in battle, commanding my troops, sometimes the game crashes, most of the time the crash occurs when I am moving the camera over the battlefield or simply after a certain amount of time. Do you know why it happens especially with them and if there is a way to solve the problem ?

By the way I would like to thank the creators of this just, awesome mod.

Does the game say anything like 'fatal graphics error' or anything?

Laetus

The error message is "Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal."

Hey guys, ive been working on a few submods recently, and whilst this isn't really a bug fix it does make the Dishonoured arena work as it was intended, via a certain amount of loses. I have done it so that the arena and the Dishonoured are recruit able after one loss, the doom knockers after 5 and the ballista after 10. In order to add this it is quite simple just type in this text into the bottom of the campaign_script.txt file (don't copy and paste it won't work).

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType darknut
    and BattlesLost > 0
    set_event_counter darknut_losea 1
    end_monitor

and BattlesLost > 4
    set_event_counter darknut_loseb 1
    end_monitor

and BattlesLost > 9
    set_event_counter darknut_losec 1
    end_monitor

Then do the following to the export_descr_buildings.txt.

building dar_dishonest
    {
    levels dar_disarena
    {
    dar_disarena requires factions { darknut, } and event_counter darknut_losea 1
    {
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Dishonored" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { darknut, }
    recruit_pool "Doomknocker" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { darknut, } and event_counter darknut_loseb 1
    recruit_pool "DGreat Ballista" 1 0.2 2 0 requires factions { darknut, } and event_counter darknut_losec 1

Simply copy and paste the red text in and it should work fine. On another note can somebody tell me how to upload files using this new sodding system because nothing will upload.

To upload a file or folder. You do it the same way as you upload pictures. But you will need to make the file/folder a zip file first.

I've been using this patch recently, but it seems to force hotseat features. There's a hotseat screen thing where you would enter a password (with passwords enabled) before each turn, and defensive battles are auto-resolved, despite that feature being turned off.
    This was on a different computer to the one that I normally use with HTW, but these don't seem like the kind of things that would vary between computers. I downloaded HTW 3.6 and this patch, and applied the patch, and now it's doing this. Anyone else had this problem? It's kind of pointless playing without being able to fight battles on other factions' turns.

This hasn't happened (the not being able to defend thing) to me but hotseat is always forced its needed for the twili civil war to work.

Oh yeah, I've always had that part of hotseat.
    I un-patched it, and the problem seems to have gone. Haven't had to fight a defensive battle yet, but the password screen doesn't appear any more.

Quote Originally Posted by El Fonz0 View Post
    All right. Here's my patch. I had to recreate it, but it was easy. Can't use my personal version cause it has some other changes.

Change Log:

The Sheikah Cadre and the Order of the Wizzrobe are now able to build the following buildings:
    -Grain Exchange->Market-Fairgrounds->Great Market
    -Paved Roads->Fine Roads
    -Gardens->Grand Gardens
    -Nursing Quarters->Great Bimaristan
    -Bar->Inn->Tavern
    -Bazaar->Milk Bar
    -Artist Gallery
    -Bank
    -Library->Academy
    This was done because according to both the Sheikah and Wizzrobe tech trees, it is stated that they share Hyrule's buildings, save for Hyrule's unique buildings.

The Gorons and the Deku Tribes are now able to build up to Markets, allowing them to recruit Merchants, as intended.
    I also allowed the Wizzrobe to build Embassies, giving them the ability to have more than just then the starting diplomat, Narock.

Attachment 311512

Speaking of Merchants, and agents in general, I think that any faction that can build the appropriate building(Market for Merchants, Inn for Assassins, Bar for Spy, I believe) should be able to recruit said agents.
    It's odd that Lanayru can build Merchants' Quarters yet not recruit them, or that Hyrule can build a bank, but recruit no merchants.
    should consider including these changes in the community patch

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

Google Chrome decided to go back a page when I was almost done with this post, so I have to just type it again...

@ tf_

I quickly checked to see if there were any problems with Community Patch 4c.

Spoiler for Click Me!
    Method of Checking
    1: Reinstalled Vanilla Hyrule Total War 3.6
    2: Applied Community Patch 4c
    3: Freeform Campaign, Kingdom of Hyrule Only, Double Checked Options
    4: Played until Turn 3

Results:
    - Did not come across a password screen upon entering a new turn.
    - Did not fight any battles, so can not confirm if battles are autoresolved on the defensive.

Discussion:
    - I only played Kingdom of Hyrule with no other factions selected
    - I only played until Turn 3 of the Freeform Campaign.
    - I did not check if playing multiple factions at once have an effect.
    - I did not check if loading a save file has any effect.

Hopefully this helps.
    @rusty887

I'll have to double check the Tech Trees, but I consider Agents to be low priority. There is also the matter to see if an entry already exists and there is a model for that agent.
    Hibernation State: Playing Nintendo games and working on personal projects.