Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Community Efforts - HTW 3.6

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

Default Community Efforts - HTW 3.6

Update: September 30, 2014

This topic is no longer relevant. Further works can be found either in the Bug fix Patch for HTW 3.6 Topic or in Tedster's Submod + trait balancing.

Neph will continue work with HTW, but on his own time. If you wish to support his efforts, go support him on Patreon!
    Spoiler for Original Post
    This is a megathread for focusing on community efforts for HTW 3.6. This topic shall serve as a general discussion area for the overall community effort.

Originally, this topic was created due to a buggy vanilla release of HTW 3.6 (The fans asked for an early release knowing the buggy state of 3.6. We were warned.). However, as Neph has stated he wishes for a vacation from all things Legend of Zelda, Hyrule Total War included, this thread also serves to focus community efforts on fixing and balancing HTW 3.6.

Topic Links:

Bug Center (The official Bug Report thread!)

"Translation Thread" (The topic for vanilla HTW 3.6 unit stats and structures.)
    Tech Tree Thread (This is the topic for the Tech Trees added in 3.6.)
    Community Patches (This topic will have patches that fixes bugs in HTW.)

Priority Tasks:
    - Play Testing 3.6 Vanilla
    - Play Testing 3.6 Community Patches

Assistance Needed:
    - Models and Textures (Bug Fixing)

Master Bug Report Compilation:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Red = Game Breaking Bug, priority to fix!
    Spoiler for Patched Bugs
    Green = Bug patched.

Bug 1: Unlocalised Placement Text
    - Affects Deku Catapults, Repentants, and Una (They do not have working names and descriptions).

Bug 2: Custom Battles - Onox
    - Onox is not available for custom battles.

Bug 3: Mirror Gate Guardians
    - They use the default RTW Peasant portrait.

Bug 5: Earth Reapers
    - There's an underscore in the name ("Earth_Reaper")

Bug 12: Agitha
    - Attempting to fire crashes the game.

Bug 13: Freeform Campaign - Zora - Duplicate Structures
    - Duplicate structure functions (Small Octorok Den & Zora Bigocto Breeding Grounds)

Bug 14: Freeform Campaign - Ikana & Deku Tribes - Duplicate Structures
    - There are some overlaps with the structures for Ikana and the Deku Tribes.

Bug 16: Freeform Campaign - Darknut Legion Tech Tree
    - Like previous bugs, it seems the Darknut Legion may also have some overlap.

Bug 21: The Infamous Turn 15 Crash
    - It still exists.
    - Update: Apparently, this crash may be related to the power of your PC. There have been reports that this crash tends to occur on older PCs, newer ones do not seem to suffer from this crash.

Bug 30 - Freeform Campaign - Agitha Crash
    - When Agitha spawns (default turn 75), the campaign crashes.

Bug 33: Stalfos - Rotting Scrubs Rout
    - Rotting Scrubs flee when overwhelmed

Bug 34: Freeform Campaign - Ordona Militia Recruitment
    - These units can not be recruited.

Bug 36 - Freeform Campaign - Forces of Twilight - Zant Barracks
    - Zant's faction can not build the Twilight Barracks.
    Bug 4: Freeform Campaign - Valran and Elmenzhia
    - Strategy Map models display a vanilla M2TW castle and the Palace of Twilight.

Bug 6: Freeform Campaign - Population Growth
    - Population Growth does not seem to work.

Bug 7: Goron Flamecannons
    - They have difficulty firing shots.

Bug 8: Order of the Wizzrobe - Hylian Wizards
    - Lacking some 3D model textures

Bug 9: Acrid Sprayers
    - Far too inaccurate. Suggestion is to increase accuracy so it doesn't hit its own men.

Bug 10: Darknut Legion - Mazura
    - Crashes immediately when entering the field (Darknut = player) or start of battle (Darknuts = enemy). It may have to do with incorrectly written animation or model files.

Bug 11: Deku Tribes - Plowers
    - Uses the Wolfos sprite and lacks a melee attack.

Bug 15: Loading Screen Transition
    - Existing from Beta, when loading into a freeform campaign the screen "locks up" before transitioning into the loading screen. The stable version of 3.5.1 does not have this problem but it is theorized that this bug may have to do with the Hotseat campaign mechanics.

Bug 17: Twilight Civil War - Minda Crash
    - When playing as Minda, attacking Zant's forces causes a crash.

Bug 18: Twilight Civil War - Zant's Save Game
    - When loading a Zant campaign form a save file, the player's faction changes to Hyrule and can do nothing. The game is waiting for Zant's forces to finish his turn which is supposed to be under the control of the player.

Bug 19: Manhandlites CTD
    - Manhandlities crash the game.

Bug 20: Lack of Melee - Conjurers, Plowers, Stalhounds
    - These units do not have a melee attack.

Bug 22: More Crashes!
    - New Ikana Cannons, Bats, and double clicking / selecting Shadow Bloats crashes the game.

Bug 23: Deku Tribes - Portraits
    - Still have the old portriats when selecting them.

Bug 24: Dodongo's Cavern Banner
    - It may occassionally show Majora's banner over the settlement.

Bug 25: AI Diplomats
    - Diplomats will surround a settlement but not do anything else and remain there for a time.

Bug 26: Freeform Campaign - Generals
    - Generals sometimes become the faction leader.

Bug 27: Battle Crash - Hylian Wizards or King Dodongo
    - The battle crashes. Cause of this may be related to Hylian Wizards of King Dodogo attempting to run.

Bug 28: Deku Tribes - Plowers and Zirros
    - Plowers do not run properly
    - Zirros do not seem to shoot at anything
    - Both units do not respond to a charge order.

Bug 29: Random Crash
    - This crash seems to be linked with clicking on units, but only infrequently. The reporter of this issue was playing a Fairy campaign.

Bug 31 - Battles - Vaati
    - Vaati crashes the game when he is used in battle.

Bug 32 - Audio Loss
    - When alt-tabbing or minimizing HTW, the sounds are muted upon return.

Bug 35 - Freeform Campaign - After Battle Crash
    - A documented crash that also existed in 3.5, this crash occurs when finishing a battle that has multiple armies (stacks) involved. It is theorized that this crash occurs due to the execution animation or the total number of units involved.

Bug 37 - Freeform Campaign - Xexoblin - Auto Victory
    - Note: This bug was foudn in 3.5, not 3.6
    - After the battle was started, it ended with an automatic win for the besieging side. The player was attempting to take Xexoblin from the rebels.
    - The map used the Ashinon model and had Ordona Farmers & Archers as defenders.

Bug 38 - Kokiri - Shrine of Courage Crash
    - As soon as the Shrine of Courage starts moving, the game crashes.

Last Bug Report - VictorAYorke (Page 42, July 10 2014)
    Note:
    This compilation does cover bug reports from elsewhere but focuses on the Bug Center thread.
    Last edited by SirMark9; September 30, 2014 at 02:59 PM.
    Hibernation State: Playing Nintendo games and working on personal projects.

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Community Efforts - HTW 3.6

Neph's Posts:
    Spoiler for Click Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim
    Editor Notes: This was before the 3.6 Release on July 4th.

Here's the deal. Mostly everything is ready, except I have not balanced the costs of buildings and units with these new techtrees. Frankly, it will take me weeks if not months to accomplish that. Also frankly after four years of staring at these text files I'm beyond sick of messing and editing them, less so replaying the freeform campaign over, and over........ and over. So we have two options here:

A) I spend until December doing nothing but balancing the new costs .
    B) I release the new version tomorrow and have people mod the living daylights out of everything and I'll just include the best ones in the next release.

I really want option B.

In the future I'd also like to include a person who knows these files inside and out to do all the text work for me. I'm seriously beyond sick of it, if I look at another descr_ or export_ file my eye's blood vessels will pop. I gets old after doing it for years. I strictly want to just do models and animations from this point on, and just pass that on to a person who can include it all through editing files.
    Editor Notes: This was in the original Community Efforts "Call to Arms" topic, near the July 4th release.

What I need:

- Modder who knows how to edit battle.modeldb and Export_Descr_Unit.txt file. I will send you models and textures for new units. I expect you to know where to place these models and textures and create entries for new units in battle.modeldb and Export_Descr_Unit.txt

- Modder who knows how to edit export_descr_buildings.txt. I will send you icons of new buildings. I expect you know how to name these icons and where to place them, as well as how to create new entries for buildings in the export_descr_buildings.txt file.

- Someone who knows how to edit any of the files in the "Text" Folder. I need you to write my descriptions of units and buildings that are created by the previous two modders, unless of course they know how to do this task.
    Editor Notes: This was taken from Neph's deviantArt page, July 23rd, 2014. // Link: http://undyingnephalim.deviantart.co...Time-470088275

Well, I'm going to be gone for the next week in Oregon, taking a trip there with my girlfriend and visiting family. If you need to contact me, I probably won't get back to you until August 1st.

I also think I'll be taking a vacation from Hyrule: Total War and the Legend of Zelda for a long time. I really think I'm just going to stop following everything Zelda related, news, groups, everything. Each new video they show of Hyrule Warriors upsets me more than it should any normal healthy human being. Seeing Link grab the entire planet and flip the world upside down... and people actually praising and enjoying something so juvenile deeply concerns me. But who am I to tell people what is really cool and what is absolutely mind crushingly stupid? So with that I think I'm done with the Zelda series. It's become so incredibly stupid for me personally. I don't know how any of you fans can possible enjoy it at this point, but I deeply and honestly envy you all and the fun you'll be having with Hyrule Warriors. I sincerely hope you enjoy the game and have fun in my place. I don't think I'll be touching Hyrule: Total War for a long time either. My fandom and interest in Zelda is at an absolute low and I've completely lost faith in whoever is making these decisions at Nintendo/Team Ninja/Ninja Theory/Omegaextreeeemmmeee or whoever is working on these things. All I am is bitter and angry at them and the Zelda fanbase, so I think for my sake I'll step away.

And now to go hiking and exploring the wilderness towards Multnomah Falls, just like those old Zelda games I used to like.

Community Effort Contributors:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Eldren
    tedster1995
    UndyingNephalim
    HTD
    Zalanum
    VictorAYork
    fernavliz
    El Fonz0
    Drazule
    ... and to those who I may have forgotten!
    Last edited by SirMark9; July 26, 2014 at 07:39 PM.

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

Right, so I'm done trashing the place and creating new posts and topics. This topic is now open for discussion!

I like the idea of this thread

First I must say that I am following this mod since a long time but I never really spoke about my thought on the mod for various reason but I will make an exeption since Neph is exhausted.

I will try to help the best I can but my modding capacity are quite limited. I will try to find bug and if needed I can edit the unit stat and help with balancing the different units, in fact I already made modification to my export_descr_unit file. Here are some change I made ( for now I only modified the twili and the gerudo)

-i made most of the twili unit more powerfull since they have a very poor economy. shadow messenger have stonger attack and defence as well as fused shadow, I revamped benemold monk by making them like sheikah's troops(few and powerfull) since they are supposed to be the succesor of the sheikah who were banished into the twilight realm and i made repentant stronger.

-for the Gerudo I added more unit per sqad to the iron knuckle since they were underpower with 5 men per sqad (normal setting) I also made the Gerudadorf a litle bit stronger

-I also gave more hitpoint to some boss unit (king ganon,Una,Onox and demise)

I may release a unit stat submod if people show interest. sorry if the text may feels a litle clusmy but i don't usually write in forum, also english is not my first language so please be indulgent.

I'll make this post now, as a future master list of balance issues. I'll edit this as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by SirMark9 View Post
    Wizzrobe conversion is screwed. (SirMark9 remembers this bug.)
    I don't think this is a bug. From what people have said...
    Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    Hyrule Prime wont convert until 70%
    Kakiriko converted at 20%, but I had 10 bishops in the territory for one turn
    Airu (the Lanayru Capitol) converted at just 7%

This all happened between turns 12-15

Snowpeak didn't convert under Rebel control even up to 15%.

Just some numbers for people's reference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Osiris View Post
    Hyrule Prime converted around 45% for me with 2 bishops
    From the looks of it, it seems that the Wizzrobes convert by instigating religious unrest in their target settlements, until they rebel and let the Wizzrobes enter and occupy it. Therefore, it's only natural that settlements with better public order would need much more unrest (which means more influence) to rebel and convert, compared to settlements with low public order.

Why is the Balance screwed?
    and why appear elite units in mass, i think because the mod is lagging 1 feature from the m2 and that is population.
    In the main game you can´t upgrad a hamlet to city when there is not enugh population there. This slows the game to a better limit and force you to develop the citys better
    The thing is UN wanted to replace all settlement with custom ones but because that would citys change Apperans when the are upgrade he removed that feature complet.
    The look of Settlement decidet by 3 factors the wall_level and the building culture and the settlement typ (castel or city)
    The walllevel is at moment tied to the core buldings wich are the buldings witch need populaiton to Upgrade (wich need to appear in the EDB)
    What i want to do is make the corebulding upgrade abble again and tie city develompment to them again.
    But ad the wall_level stuff to UN replacment building and make them unbuildable again.

I´m sorry for eycancer you got from reading this

I hope this is the right thread for this

An issue I have found quite troubling across most campaigns, is that

I have noticed that the attack/defense and defense skill values of the wildlife factions are about as high as mid tier units. They are strong enough to cause serious harm to most early game units. (I am assuming this is NOT intentional?) I was playing as the Orodona Province and I lost a good chunk of my farmers to a bunch of skulltullas. The Keese are not as bad, but they are still somewhat too powerful.

The generals bodygaurd for most factions are a joke, generally consisting of low-to mid tier units. The best example I can give is the kokiri generals being gaurded by Minutemen, they should be gaurded by at LEAST grove watchers, if not Korok warriors.

the Darknut Legion has a very serious problem where they run out of stamina far too quickly, they can barley breach the first wall of a citadel before they are winded or tired.

There is a banner issue when attacking dodongos cavern, In some instances it will show the banner of Majora over the settlement.

I have seen a strange bug where diplomats will surround a settlement, but will never engage in deals with it, and will not move after a while.
    Last edited by Cael118; July 05, 2014 at 10:36 AM.

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

@ HTD

It is not that specifically, I just remember a bug back from the Beta days regarding the Wizzrobe. What happens is that when one settlement is ready to convert, it converts all other settlements that have Wizzrobe influence. Unless, of course, that has been fixed or changed in the release version.

Spoiler for Original Open Beta Bug
    Bug 3: Freeform Campaign - Wizzrobe Conversion- As soon as one settlement is ready to convert, the code converts ALL settlements with Wizzrobe influence, no matter how minor the influence is.
    -- I gained like 10 settlements on Turn 12 because I was recruiting priests and sending them to convert the masses. Only two settlements were near the "conversion" point, the others had lower than 10% Wizzrobe influence. I should have sent my priests on a grand awakening to possibly win the Long Campaign on turn 12!

Remember that I have not played the recent release (as much) and am currently rushing over all the place. I may make posts that make little to no logical sense.

@ Gebilde

The "Balance is screwed, bro!" statement was a joke, but there were balance problems within Hyrule Total War even during the 3.5 versions.

From what I understand from your post, you are suggesting that the problem is that settlement upgrades are not tied to population and that is why there are elite units everywhere. When we have experts in this field it shall be looked into.

@ Cael118

This is the right thread to be in. I'll add your feedback to its respective place.

I don't remember Darknuts running out of stamina so quickly when I played them back in 3.5.1. Things may have changed since then or I may simply not have noticed their stamina drain.

Quote Originally Posted by SirMark9 View Post
    @ HTD

It is not that specifically, I just remember a bug back from the Beta days regarding the Wizzrobe. What happens is that when one settlement is ready to convert, it converts all other settlements that have Wizzrobe influence. Unless, of course, that has been fixed or changed in the release version.

Spoiler for Original Open Beta Bug
    Bug 3: Freeform Campaign - Wizzrobe Conversion- As soon as one settlement is ready to convert, the code converts ALL settlements with Wizzrobe influence, no matter how minor the influence is.
    -- I gained like 10 settlements on Turn 12 because I was recruiting priests and sending them to convert the masses. Only two settlements were near the "conversion" point, the others had lower than 10% Wizzrobe influence. I should have sent my priests on a grand awakening to possibly win the Long Campaign on turn 12!

Remember that I have not played the recent release (as much) and am currently rushing over all the place. I may make posts that make little to no logical sense.

@ Gebilde

The "Balance is screwed, bro!" statement was a joke, but there were balance problems within Hyrule Total War even during the 3.5 versions.

From what I understand from your post, you are suggesting that the problem is that settlement upgrades are not tied to population and that is why there are elite units everywhere. When we have experts in this field it shall be looked into.

@ Cael118

This is the right thread to be in. I'll add your feedback to its respective place.

I don't remember Darknuts running out of stamina so quickly when I played them back in 3.5.1. Things may have changed since then or I may simply not have noticed their stamina drain.

The stamina problem is no where near as bad as it was in the much earlier versions of the game, but it still feels like to me the darknuts are constantly running out of steam. Which is odd because I remember them being rather swift and physically fit in Twilight princess. I have a feeling it has to do with the way their animation works. they walk REALLY slowly, but yet they use the same amount of stamina as any other unit.

I have a feeling it has to do with the way their animation works. they walk REALLY slowly, but yet they use the same amount of stamina as any other unit.
    Were they 'running' by any chance? I have a feeling they might use more stamina while running despite not moving any faster.

yes now that I think about it, They were doing the animation where they advance forward with their shields up. But I thought that was there walking animation as well? The darknut movement animations have always confused me

I think that is their walking animation as well, near enemies. Probably best to just leave them walking.

Zora Floodmasters seem a bit OP to me. They have 20 ranged attack and Very Long Range, and are currently available fairly early.
    I wasn't even aware that the Zora really needed new, better units.

I have noticed that the attack/defense and defense skill values of the wildlife factions are about as high as mid tier units. They are strong enough to cause serious harm to most early game units. (I am assuming this is NOT intentional?) I was playing as the Orodona Province and I lost a good chunk of my farmers to a bunch of skulltullas.
    I've had the same, I actually lost a battle against those same Skulltulas as Ikana.

The generals bodygaurd for most factions are a joke, generally consisting of low-to mid tier units. The best example I can give is the kokiri generals being gaurded by Minutemen, they should be gaurded by at LEAST grove watchers, if not Korok warriors.
    Vanilla M2TW had a situation where general's bodyguards were equivalent to at least mid-game regular units, and they could decide entire battles in the early game, when you were using mostly Spear Militia. I guess having normal units as bodyguards might be to avoid that, although I agree that they should be at least mid-level units.

I think the most important thing at this point is to find someone who can fix the tech tress… In my opinion this is what is breaking the game. We can still test the game with crashes and bugs but we can’t test anything if we have every unit available from the start of the game.

I go far as to say we don’t even need all the restrictions and specifications that were initially planned for each faction in the tech trees but we must have the restrictions that make you unlock certain buildings to reach others. This is what is making this version worse than the previous one…

Alright then!

Some more things I have found. (I'm going from the 3.5 version, so if I make any mistakes please correct me)

When controlled by the AI, the Lanayru province often spams stacks of battlecrabs.

Queen Rutela the Good's bodygaurd is not up to scratch. There are only 10 of them, and they only have 1 hp. They are quickly defeated in combat by almost every unit and are a constant liability rather than a help. Since Rutela is a faction leader, having such a poor quality bodygaurd means she really can't be brought into combat and expected to live.

The Moblin Ai generally does not wander very far from its starting position and very rarley makes any attempt to conquer any other territories.

I've noticed a strange bug where king ganon does not move once spawned, or if he does, will move very little.

The kingdom of Ikana as a whole is quite soft in terms of melee, even being outclassed by factions like the kokiri. Probably because their armor and shield values are very low.

Geru Macemen desperatley need to be buffed.

Daria Marauders are quite weak as well.

Deku Monkeys are OP.

In large scale battles units like skulkaris will sometimes stand in place and not move while they are surrounded and being attacked. It rarely gives them a strange "invunerability" where melee attacks will do nothing to them, while the soldiers they are fighting will also take no apparent damage.

Even though Ashei is in the games files as a mercenary, I can't seem to recruit her ANYWHERE.

Quote Originally Posted by tf_ View Post

Vanilla M2TW had a situation where general's bodyguards were equivalent to at least mid-game regular units, and they could decide entire battles in the early game, when you were using mostly Spear Militia. I guess having normal units as bodyguards might be to avoid that, although I agree that they should be at least mid-level units.
    Right. Some mods are a little over the top with bodygaurd units, making them the most elite of the most elite, going down that road is often gamebreaking when your general and his men can cut through entire armies.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Osiris View Post
    I think the most important thing at this point is to find someone who can fix the tech tress… In my opinion this is what is breaking the game. We can still test the game with crashes and bugs but we can’t test anything if we have every unit available from the start of the game.

I go far as to say we don’t even need all the restrictions and specifications that were initially planned for each faction in the tech trees but we must have the restrictions that make you unlock certain buildings to reach others. This is what is making this version worse than the previous one…
    This is very true. No amount of balancing the statistics or the unit priorities will stop the ai when they can bankroll their finest men anyways. If we want to have total balance, the tech treee has to be set right. then balancing the factions against one another can begin. I'm using 3.5, so I had no idea how bad things were. I knew something was wrong when I was able to recruit Wolfos riders before slingshot infantry!
    Last edited by Cael118; July 05, 2014 at 01:25 PM.

I go far as to say we don’t even need all the restrictions and specifications that were initially planned for each faction in the tech trees but we must have the restrictions that make you unlock certain buildings to reach others.
    What kind of thing are you talking about? Do you have any specific examples where you can currently get a building without its prerequisite?
    I've only really played one faction so far.

In regards to the mirror gate guardians pic, I found the pic portrait mirror_gate but I have no idea where to put it, does anybody know?

Also Ashei is recruited outside Symmetry which is Labrynna's other city.
    Last edited by tedster1995; July 05, 2014 at 01:19 PM.

Ashei is in the province just north from Labryna´s capital if I remenber correctly, in case I have recruited her in 3.5.

Generals that spawn automatically have low-tier or bodyguard, if you directly recruit then they have better units

I.E. with Hyrule
    Spawn general: Hylian infantry
    Recruited general: Ironclad elite

It may vary more and depend in the faction and number of turns but that is what I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by tf_ View Post
    What kind of thing are you talking about? Do you have any specific examples where you can currently get a building without its prerequisite?
    I've only really played one faction so far.
    “The Kokiri Tech tree is rather spread across settlement levels. Their production buildings require no upgrades at all, but the troops they produce are dependent on population, encouraging settlement growth rather than rigorous upgrades.”

I’m talking about details, for instance the kokiri technically would create their troops based on their population, what I say that we don’t have to be fixing all these things that I assume should be more complicated. They can work normally buy paying to recruit their units just like the Hyillians this still keeps the game playable.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast