Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Modifying Music - Making the most of Wwise

Default Re: Modifying Music - Making the most of Wwise

you set the song to stream right?

also you set the state path correctly?

I do not understand the pathing at all . It just makes absolutely no sense to me .

Could you go into a bit more detail?

I click battle/ postbattle/ campaign etc.. and I see path tabs
    For King And Country

Creator of *Whites Of Their Eyes* Closer Range Mod For The Darthmod Series

Napoleon: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=570195

Empire: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=568914

Quote Originally Posted by flexter View Post
    I do not understand the pathing at all . It just makes absolutely no sense to me .

Could you go into a bit more detail?

I click battle/ postbattle/ campaign etc.. and I see path tabs

Cancel that , got it working )

thanks for this guide much appreciated
    For King And Country

Without reading through the entire thread, I thought I'd point out that you can actually turn on streaming for all of your music at once by right-click: expand all > batch selecting all of your songs one by one with ctrl-clicks > right-click: multi-edit > open streaming drop down > check streaming. Multi-edit works for any similar tasks as well, like adjusting volume or whatnot.

I've been having an issue with loading screen music where if I don't check them as streamed they won't be generated later on for some reason. Can someone explain how to get Wwise to generate a .wem file for the loading music without having to check them as streamed?

Why would you not wish to stream them? As far as i know the streaming goes almost hand in hand with having the sound playing at the correct time.

Hey Tyso,

Having a few issues with the music triggering .

The track keeps changing depending on where my camera is . It will keep switching between tension and battle all the time.

Is there a way I can keep it at tension until the the first combat starts leave it at battle music until no combat is happening on the entire map?

thanks in advance
    For King And Country

Hi,Mackies, if want to modify a music mod for myself, how to do it(i want to just change so of it)?as i found many number files which are all wem format except Global_Music and Music_Data in bnk format.what should i do?

Firstly day, you talking about editing someones elses mod, which is a utter dick move, secondly you cant.

Quote Originally Posted by flexter View Post
    Hey Tyso,

Having a few issues with the music triggering .

The track keeps changing depending on where my camera is . It will keep switching between tension and battle all the time.

Is there a way I can keep it at tension until the the first combat starts leave it at battle music until no combat is happening on the entire map?

thanks in advance
    Was this you i spoke to on steam>

hi,i just want to make it for my own using and study how it works, i will not public it or steal it.Just i like most of that mod and i want to add some of mine to play in the game.Any ideas?

as i said its not possible, you have to make your own. The mods cannot be reverse engineered.

Clenvey's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Tyso3 View Post
    you set the song to stream right?

also you set the state path correctly?
    Sorry for the late response. Where can I set it to "stream"? The file song.wav is in the folder "originals". And the final Soundbank is 3mb big, but the original song-file 25?

EDIT: Should the track-type be "sequence step" or only the playlist (which is random continuous)?

EDIT2: The state path should be correct.

EDIT3: Everything should be correct, but no sound. Shall I upload it?
    Last edited by Clenvey; December 16, 2014 at 03:22 PM.

The first window that pops up when you click on a song in the editor (F10 if does not appear) on the right will have a checkbox for 'Stream'. Make sure this is ticked for every track. If you do not set to stream, you will never hear the song ingame.

Seqeunce step is only to be used if you want a set of GROUPS to be randomised. AKA you want Group 1 (Song1,song2,song3), Group 2 (song4,5,6) Group 3 (7,8,9) to play randomised.

In reguards to the song sizes, .WEM music files are INCREDIBLY well made. As far as i can tell they do not compress the song as the quality is the same (if not higher) but simply rewrite to a new track. My 500MB mods that you see on steam come from 4.5 - 5 GB of Wav files

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

nice tutorial, maybe i should forward to create my personal music mod , anyways this tutorial deserve +rep
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Tyso3 View Post
    The first window that pops up when you click on a song in the editor (F10 if does not appear) on the right will have a checkbox for 'Stream'. Make sure this is ticked for every track. If you do not set to stream, you will never hear the song ingame.

Seqeunce step is only to be used if you want a set of GROUPS to be randomised. AKA you want Group 1 (Song1,song2,song3), Group 2 (song4,5,6) Group 3 (7,8,9) to play randomised.

In reguards to the song sizes, .WEM music files are INCREDIBLY well made. As far as i can tell they do not compress the song as the quality is the same (if not higher) but simply rewrite to a new track. My 500MB mods that you see on steam come from 4.5 - 5 GB of Wav files
    It works now! There wasn't any problem with Wwise, the game-music was turned off.

LOL that would do it

Dontfearme22's Avatar Campidoctor

When I open Wwise I have no tracks, I open up the tabs going down to where the tracks should be, but in each one the same track is listed, "silence":
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Dontfearme22 View Post
    When I open Wwise I have no tracks, I open up the tabs going down to where the tracks should be, but in each one the same track is listed, "silence":
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

That's because you have to add the tracks by yourself. The "silence"-tracks are only placeholder.

Yep, Wwise has no source files of music so you must add, edit or create your own music files for your mod.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast