Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Modifying Music - Making the most of Wwise

Default Re: Modifying Music - Making the most of Wwise

Nevermind, worked it out, Needed to setup the tranistion for Frontend > loading etc

TrippinDaJive's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Tyso3 View Post
    My minds gone blank on making a new mod in reguards to loading music. Everything else works out fine, my Loading music just refuses to play. Anyone remember how to fix this?
    The way I did it was by ensuring the music was set to stream and by making a playlist under the loading screen playlist container. If I had the program available right now, I would remember exactly how it was set up.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

TrippinDaJive's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Tyso3 View Post
    Nevermind, worked it out, Needed to setup the tranistion for Frontend > loading etc
    Oh yeah we can't forget about transitions either haha

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

since the Total War Wwise audio modding link is DEAD, how do I get the rome2_music_wwise_project.zip project file?

i can't get it to work. i only hear the original music

I-- finally managed to make sense of the program and the tutorial and successfully amalgamated a new soundtrack for myself.--

However I am having an issue, and have some questions.

Issue: The music is great, but it appears to have caused all the other sounds to drop in volume. Voices in particular are almost completely muted. What do I do?

Questions: Which states/containers/etc are responsible for a new track playing on the Campaign faction select screens? So that, for using RTW1 music example, if I were to select the icon for Romans Julii, it would play the RTW track Romans_Julii, and if I shifted to the Junii or Cornelii, it would play the RTW tracks for Brutii/Scipii etcetera.

EDIT:

Also, I have almost no idea at all where to put Transitions, or even why. It looks like the only musical transition that seems to work is from Main Menu to Campaign (and silent loading screen).

Do I have to set up a transition for every single track in every single container for every single playlist?
    Last edited by AndariusHaliusScipio; October 02, 2018 at 12:42 AM.

Guys, I really need your help. I am trying to create my own music mod for the 3rd time in 2 years and can't understand what am I doing wrong!

The issue: There is only default Rome 2 music playing even if I load up my created music mod (with generated .wem and bnk files) in the Mod Manager.

Please, any advice?

Ok, I made it! It finally works

If you have default music playing with your mod enabled, make sure to use older PFM v.4 to create a .pack file.

Hello,
    Been trying to get into the music modding scene, but so far, I couldnt get it to work

I'm trying to make a rather simple mod to get started: 4 songs for the campaign/ambient section

I put the songs in, ticked the "stream" box for each song, added each segment into the ambient playlist

As for the state path, I set it as seen below: (question: did I set it right ? I just want the same music for any faction in campaign map)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Then I try to generate the file, following the guide:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I get one error: dont know if it matters

I then copy the requiered files into a folder named 'audio" in rome2/data (question: should it only be "Global_Music.bnk”, “Music_Data.bnk” and all .wem files ? because there are other files too in the “GeneratedSoundBanks” folder ?)

I then create a packfile using PFM (I tried version 3.5 and version 5.1.3 and add the files that where placed into the "audio" folder (question: should the audio folder containing the files be deleted after the creation of the music pack, or should it still be kept as is in the rome2/data folder ?)

I then launch the game with the newly created pack and I still get to ear Vanilla music,

Any idea where I got things wrong?

skimyy's Avatar Civis

I am comfortable with everything except getting Battle-Tension (the music that plays once units engage in battle) music to stay playing until Postbattle Music.

If I move the camera away from the action, the music switches back to Battle-Battle music.

Thankyou so much for this

hey, i have been working on my music mod and I have a few questions

1 -has anyone figured out the ideal look-ahead time for tracks in battle so they dont switch from tension to battle all the time ?

2- I cant get loading screen tracks to work. As adviced, I turned off "stream" option for those tracks, but still not working. Any idea?

3- Should I let the "silence" tracks in any category?

Not sure if I'll get a reply as this thread is quite old, but I'm struggling with this music thing. I think I've got it all nailed down except for ONE thing: getting the ambient music and pre-battle music to switch to each other.

I either have ambient music with the prebattle music never playing, or no ambient music with the prebattle music starting when I initiate a battle, but not stopping when I cancel the battle and withdraw. I don't think I really understand the transitions and how to trigger them and on what coniditions.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567