Thread: Death Korps of Krieg in DoW 1

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Death Korps of Krieg in DoW 1

Are there any mods for DoW 1 or any of it`s expansions that include the Kriegers ?

It would be awesome to play Dark Crusade or Soulstorm with the Kriegers.

Edelfred's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Death Korps of Krieg in DoW 1

Imperial Guard is already greatly OP in DoW 1 .
    If you take elite from Imperial Guard such as Cadians,troopers from the death worlds like Catachan fighters , Kriegers then...
    Kriegers are very good but realy irreplacable in toxic waste environment say as Catachan are in Jungles .
    Not hard to imagine that in the future most of inhibited worlds are toxic wastes .

Har du inte levt mitt liv
    Vet du ingenting
    Laglöst Land

Quote Originally Posted by Edelfred View Post
    Imperial Guard is already greatly OP in DoW 1 .
    If you take elite from Imperial Guard such as Cadians,troopers from the death worlds like Catachan fighters , Kriegers then...
    Kriegers are very good but realy irreplacable in toxic waste environment say as Catachan are in Jungles .
    Not hard to imagine that in the future most of inhibited worlds are toxic wastes .
    It`s kind of hard to accommodate myself to the squishy IG regiments but the Baneblade plus two Basilisks are game changers.

Still, it would have been cool to play with the Kriegers.

Himster's Avatar Praeses

No expansions, but there is a mod for winter assault, and they were super OP because of the storm troopers who could deepstrike and they could all have rockets or grenade launchers, so deepstrike on enemy base with 6 squads, enemy base gone, game over.
    Oh wait, they were steel legion. Never mind.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Edelfred's Avatar Semisalis

I don't like Cadians being OP . They train from 5 years and can deal even with SM
    I know BL likes to tweak constantas - Emperor made Space Marines always even in Chaos are OP to any human regiment .
    This is heresy to even think otherwise .
    Har du inte levt mitt liv
    Vet du ingenting
    Laglöst Land

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Yes there it is, I even remember playing a specific mod of them for DC. I dunno if for the original or winter assault, but for DC and SS there sure are.

EDIT: There is one for the Steel Legion. You might understand my confusion. But no, death korps, I think as a race no, maybe some units on some mods.
    Last edited by Lord Baal; July 02, 2014 at 10:37 AM.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en espańol? Mira por aca.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

It was a Mod for DC, and you should find it on Mod DB or on Relic Forum, but it's a long time I don't read anything by them ... anyway in DOW2 you can recruit a squad of Death Korps ...

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Edelfred View Post
    I don't like Cadians being OP . They train from 5 years and can deal even with SM
    I know BL likes to tweak constantas - Emperor made Space Marines always even in Chaos are OP to any human regiment .
    This is heresy to even think otherwise .
    Cadians can strip and assemble rifles before they can walk. Space Marines typically haven't seen a firearm until their teens. A Cadian who qualifies for the Kasrkin is considered one of the best soldiers in the Imperium. They're not regular people, they're purple eyed white-blondes, built like Aryan supermen. A thousand Guardsmen, especially Cadians, could take a hundred Marines.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    Cadians can strip and assemble rifles before they can walk. Space Marines typically haven't seen a firearm until their teens. A Cadian who qualifies for the Kasrkin is considered one of the best soldiers in the Imperium. They're not regular people, they're purple eyed white-blondes, built like Aryan supermen. A thousand Guardsmen, especially Cadians, could take a hundred Marines.
    Yeah the early Cadians was a lot looking like a nazi.

But yeah a steel legion mod for dow 1
    and DLC for dow 2 ret.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Tartleton View Post
    What is this rubbish talk about Cadian school girls from their purple play-world?

There is only one world who is the best and that is the death world of Krieg and the best regiments are the Death Korps of Krieg!!!