Thread: Denamark

Default Denamark

1)i played with this faction and i must say that i don't like that while a castle cant recruit vikings because is too upgraded and i can recruit vikings stronger then normal units in others castle less upgraded. it is absurd.

2)An other absurd think is that the normal unit have one turn for recruitment. for me is absurd because in a society organized in caste with a middle-high caste of nobleman warrior ther's not necessity to spend time to train because the nobleman wait in theyr castle only to fight
    they can't work they can only fight.
    I study history in my university but this is only my personal idea and i can change this

the first point is also an idea but it's very ugly to see i think and i wish that you change one ore all myrequests

I hope also that my english is more or less human and perceptible :tooth: :hmmm:
    good luck guys

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Hĺb

Default Re: Denamark

1)i played with this faction and i must say that i don't like that while a castle cant recruit vikings because is too upgraded and i can recruit vikings stronger then normal units in others castle less upgraded. it is absurd.
    Symbolising the end of the viking era.

2)An other absurd think is that the normal unit have one turn for recruitment. for me is absurd because in a society organized in caste with a middle-high caste of nobleman warrior ther's not necessity to spend time to train because the nobleman wait in theyr castle only to fight
    they can't work they can only fight.
    I study history in my university but this is only my personal idea and i can change this
    I thought every unit had a 0 turn recruitment time..?
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Default Re: Denmark

no it don't simbolize the end of viking era because i can reruit vikins warrior in the other castles less evolved
    I know that there is an end of vikin era but it's my idea that if i can't recruit vikings in a castle it's absurd that i can recruit them in an other castle less evolved

sorry for double reply

yes evry unit with 0 time recruitment time.

i looked through my export_descr_unit and there are some units that have 1 turn recruitment then the rest have 0. i think there was around 20 but i put all mine to 0 recruitment so cant be sure.

yes, most units have recruit time of 0, however some have a recruit time of 1 for gameplay purposes. This is mainly so that the ai does not spam those units. However, DaVinci would be better to answer your question since I'm not very knowlegeable in the history aspect or the balancing aspect of things, sorry.
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

I just edited the export_descr_unit file and set all units (except ships of course) to 0 training time.

it's clear that my secondary poin has take control on my firts preoccupation

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

the reason why the peasnt infantry have 1 turn is so the ai does nto spam that unit... its basically there just for gameply purposes... also we added since most ppl wont use those units 5 years into the campaign since most ppl will have mroe advanced units by then...

the problem you have with the vikings being able to be recruited in less evolved castles while the more evolved once dont have them.. try to look at it like this... the lesser evolved are more barbarian like which means they still produce the viking warriors while the more evolved castles have become civiled like the english or french and no longer train vikings infantry..

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

It is exactly as Flip said:
    The more christianized and evolved regions tend to be organized in a feudal manner. They will "produce" Knights and Men-at-arms instead of Vikings. While the less evolved regions are still organized in a pre-feudalism manner and will still be able to recruit Vikings but not Knights and Men-at-arms.
    (aka) Teutonic Knight
    (aka) TK