Thread: Exchanging Faction CUlture (Using Assembly Kit).

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Exchanging Faction CUlture (Using Assembly Kit).

Does anyone know the whole process ?

I tried created on to replace (for example) Libya (Hellenic to Italian) abd BoB manage to process (no errors etc) However when I tried running it, the game just basically stop working on splash scree.

Few of the tables I edited includes names etc (so Libya use Roman names).

Have anyone successfully done this via Assembly Kit ?

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Default Re: Exchanging Faction CUlture (Using Assembly Kit).

To change culture you need to change two tables: start_post_factions and factions

start_post_factions table: Change state_religion and cdir_military_generator_config(guessing you want to change the military group)

factions table: Change subculture, name_group, skin(default is roman), military_group, and diplomacy_culture

I must warn you if you change a faction from one culture(not subculture) to another your starting buildings wont appear using Tweak/BoB even if you change them to the correct culture since patch 12.

To get around this issue you must use a faction key of the same culture. So since Italian is Roman subculture you can use a faction key like rom_rome_civil_war and it will show the starting buildings with no issue.

You can check my tables on my mod Italian Conquest on steam workshop to see how I added more Italian factions and religion buildings(feel free to use and edit my tables).

Hope this helps

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Thanks. I'm not quite sure what you mean by change a faction from one culture(not subculture) to another and also use a faction key of the same culture.

Let's say I'm going to remake Libya into Campania, what are the steps needed (beside moving the location etc) ?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

If you change Libya to a Italion culture using Tweak you will not have starting buildings.
    You need to use a faction that has a Roman culture. Like pro_rome, rom_rome_civil_war ex...
    That way when you change the faction subculture to Italian it will use the same Roman buildings and not glitch.

Change all the entrys in the two tables I listed above to change a culture.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Oh, we can use factions from prologue in the main game ? Great. Didn't know that.

Thanks.

p/s: want to join our mod team ?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

To use a faction from a different campaign you must add it to the start_post_factions as a new entry.

Whats your mod team working on? Cen you send me more info?

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Here.