Thread: Constantine Language Pack (for non-English versions) - Work in Progress

Default Constantine Language Pack (for non-English versions) - Work in Progress

This is a test pack for those with non-english versions of Rome 2. Please let me know if it works properly, I have never done this before.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l64ik42l9x458pg/_Dqresden_Rise_Christianity_Eng_Pack.pack

It can also be found on the Steam Workshop:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=279015445

French translation pack, huge thanks to gderoull!! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=378502074
    Last edited by Dresden; January 20, 2015 at 02:31 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: Constantine Language Pack (for non-English versions) - Work in Progress

I am getting reports that there is no text in diplomacy when using this pack. I am not sure why, I will work on it.

Default Re: Constantine Language Pack (for non-English versions) - Work in Progress

Updated for the Roman Expansion pack. I realize there are still issues but I am not really experienced working on other language versions.

Libertus

but use this mod with Italian language does it involve? the problems are only those of the base game (partially translated) or are there other problems?

RNV's Avatar Campidoctor
    Regio Septima, Tuscia, Italia, Res Publica Romana

Any news on the language pack? I can confirm that for italian version all vanilla texts are missing ( meaning options in menu, diplomacy, techs, main menu texts etc.).

I honestly have no experience making language packs. This pack contains our custom texts only, but I am not sure how to add the standard ones exactly.

If someone wants to test it out, rename the text file in the mod pack to something higher alphabetically. For example, change localisation.loc to _localisation.loc and let me know what happens.

RNV's Avatar Campidoctor
    Regio Septima, Tuscia, Italia, Res Publica Romana

Ok thanks, for now I just changed Rome 2 language, awesome mod anyway.

If you could upload a .csv or .pack file with just yhe texts you have modified, I will be able to translate your mod in French, just lik I did with DeI

French translation available here.

--------------------------------------
    Traduction française du mod disponible ici. Tous les critiques sont les bienvenues.

Thank you very much for that I am a complete neophyte when it comes to translation packs.

Brivime's Avatar Ordinarius

Does the engine support the Arabic script? If so then I can do a translation also.

Thank you Dresden, I am also very glad to play with superb mods like yours
    If you want I can make you a pack for non-english versions of Rome 2 for this mod. I would just need the .tsv in localisation.loc in local_en_rome2.pack (I can't get it on my PC because my game is in Franch and my Internet connection is not good enough to change the language )

On the other hand, I have a little problem with the translation of DeI : a text is missing here (in the bottom left : it should be written "Reduces slave population decline") for this building. Do you know if it appears with an english version of the game ?

Thank you

I will see if I can get that for you, the english version doesn't have that file I think.

That DeI text is a custom effect if I remember, should be the in AT_effects.loc file in the main pack off the top of my head.

Nope, this text is from vanilla, I can't figure out why it doesn't show up... Anyway... Have you found if you have the local_en_rome2.pack ?

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

Dresden, to get all the texts in game you have to merge tsv files from 3 pack files, CRoC, local_en_rome2 and local_en then merge them and import as localisation.loc to the pack.

French translation updated

Please update for no steam version