Thread: Looking for a Map

Default Looking for a Map

Hey,
    I mentioned recently that I'd really like to resume working on my Stainless Steel Mod units site and I wanted to include AOR units.
    I was wondering if you guys would have any recommendations on a map.
    If your familiar with the Mercenaries part of my site, I'm sure you noticed the roll-over map (by the way, does this work for you guys? How do you like it?).
    I was thinking of something similar for the AOR units, but without the rollover. Just a map with the regions where the respective unit hails from.
    What I'd like to know is if there is a map available that shows the different regions, but with a little more detail. One that defines the different regions a little better.
    I'll ask permission of course before I use it.

I think I'll ask this question on a couple of the other boards too.

Default Re: Looking for a Map

Where's the rollover map?

You could look at map_regions in D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps\base. I don't know if it's what you want.

The new version of the Compilation will use a different map, so I wouldn't put too much work into the old one.

The rollover is on each mercenary unit page.
    Just scroll to the bottom, you can't miss it. Put your cursor over the name of the province where the merc is recruited. The provinces are "highlighted" on the map.
    It uses javascript.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    The new version of the Compilation will use a different map, so I wouldn't put too much work into the old one.
    Well crapolla.

How different?

I posted in the other thread duplicate in main SS forum, i've done a PSD template which can be used to make a nifty looking map with an overlay depicting the region shapes
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...king-for-a-Map

here is the image sample:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The sepia looking map can be easily swaped for the SS original satellite image

If the core map is the same and only the regions shapes/location are to be changed in RC/RR then this can be useful too.

PB got a much better map to use from RollingWave's HURB mod. I think it's the same map in size and scope, but the regions were shifted around for more historical accuracy and better representation of region population.

I guess I don't have Javascript, because I get nothing by mousing over the region names. I think I remember turning off Java some years ago due to security concerns.

I guess I don't have Javascript, because I get nothing by mousing over the region names. I think I remember turning off Java some years ago due to security concerns.
    eh? you mean while playing M2/SS? i think thats something you turn on/off in .cfg
    PB got a much better map to use from RollingWave's HURB mod. I think it's the same map in size and scope, but the regions were shifted around for more historical accuracy and better representation of region population.
    ah yes HURB's map yep this same PSD(photoshop multilayered file) can be adapted for hurb regions...in fact i'll probably will do that for Titanium.

No, I disabled it from other settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    I posted in the other thread duplicate in main SS forum, i've done a PSD template which can be used to make a nifty looking map with an overlay depicting the region shapes
    That might work.
    How can I get those files?