Thread: *********GUIDE TO THE NEW FORUM LAYOUT- PLEASE READ*********

Default *********GUIDE TO THE NEW FORUM LAYOUT- PLEASE READ*********

Please read to familiarise yourself with the new forum layout:

First of all, I'd like to express my thanks for the patience you guys showed when the forum was down. Made our life a lot easier in the lead up to the splitting of the forum. Myself, apple and Paedric did the manual labour (although we must thank Aradan for helping us to sort out the forum organisation in the first place). If there are any problems, feel free to give one of us local moderators a quick message.

Now the forum has been split into a few different areas:

1) First there is the main board, that most people are already familiar with. This is now reserved for discussion about RSII, and will be primarily used after RSII has been released. You may have seen that we've put up a number of threads such as the 'RSII Discussion Thread' which will perform similar functions to the ones you were used to on the original board. I am going to close this board for now, and then open it upon the release of RSII so we can have a fresh start.

The 'RSII Previews and Discussions' thread has been moved to the RSII previews sub-forum, so you can continue to talk about the upcoming release of the mod there.

2) Also note that the 'Technical Help' and 'Sub Mod' forums that you can see just above the main board are reserved for RSII.

3) RSI now has its very own sub-forum, including areas for 'Technical Help' and 'Sub-Mods'. If you have any issues with 1.6 please post there and we will make sure to answer you. But we very much expect most people to be busy with RSII!

4) We have moved all of our preview threads to a separate sub forum called 'RSII Previews' and you are welcome to comment on those threads once we re-open the forum.

We hope that this makes the forum easier to use and that all the new changes make sense!

MarcusTullius

Old timescale updates and original closure announcement

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

18:57 GMT +1: We're about sorted now and I'm going to write a little something to introduce you all to the new layout of the forums before we open them up again

18:39 GMT +1: We have succeeded in moving all the threads, but now are focusing on organising the new forum.

17:21 GMT + 1: things are progressing well, about 60 pages moved but still 90 pages of threads to go!

16:40 GMT+1:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The forum has now been closed, and will reopen once we have transferred the relevant threads. I will try to update this thread with our progress and possibly an estimate time as to when the forum will be reopened.

An advanced warning! The closure will happen sometime within the next day or two, so be warned. Once I know details, I will update this post with more information. Once this is sorted, the release of RSII will be truly imminent.

Dear All RS Fans and Forum Visitors,

To prepare for the release of RSII, we will close the forum to all visitors for a few hours in order to set it up correctly. We hope that downtime will be limited but we are moving all the RSI threads to a sub-forum to allow for new RSII threads to spring up. This will help keep the forum tidy, and give us the chance to make sure everything is completely prepared for the imminent release of RSII. The forum will be closed from 17:00 GMT+1 and reopened as soon as we are ready with the new forum. When we have successfully split the forum, we ask that you continue to post in the 'new' RSI forum until we open up the RSII forum upon release.

What is currently the main board will become the RSII board, and all RSI discussion will be moved to a sub-forum similar to how the 'Technical Help' and 'Sub-Mods' sections are right now.

We apologise for the downtime, but it is necessary before we can release RSII.

Many thanks for your understanding.

Marcus on behalf of the RSII Dev Team

Last edited by MarcusTullius; August 19, 2010 at 01:20 PM.

**RS Dev Team***Reciprocal Repper!* RIP Calvin- you will be missed