Thread: The RTR Project Needs You!

Icon14 The RTR Project Needs You!

Hello TWC members, guests, and lurkers!

If you have been paying attention, you know that the RTR Project is currently working on not just a mod, but a mod that will be ground breaking! Since we are able to edit the hard code through memory, the possibilities are endless! However, we need more people!

Requirements to join RTR:

1) Must be able to be ACTIVE within the team. This means logging in regularly to the forum, contributing to discussion, and logging in to our IRC chat when online.

2) Must have the PASSION and DESIRE to see this project through to the end.

3) Can work with people from different backgrounds and cultures

4) Is willing to learn new skills

5) Can give examples of previous work or experience

ALL positions are open for the most part, I will list the details though:

Historian/Researcher - No, not a professional historian per say, but if you have the knowledge or passion for a particular part of history that will be in this mod, you are wanted! We are currently in need of those who specialize in the following subjects:
    -Carthage and North African Peoples
    -Celtic Peoples (Gauls, Belgae, Britons, Cisalpine Gaul, Central Europe, Balkans, and Galatia)
    -Scytho-Sarmatian Peoples
    -Armenia and the Caucasus Regions (Colchis, Kartli, Albania)
    -Persia and the East in the Hellenistic Period (including Hyrcania, Arachosia, Gedrosia etc)
    -Arabia in the Hellenistic Period (Nabataeans and Saba)
    -Kush, Axum, and Meroe
    -Baltic Peoples and the Proto-Slavs
    -Thracians
    -Illyrians

Coder - We will always be in need of coders. We need people who understand how to edit traits, ancillaries, recruitment, buildings, and most importantly, adding and implementing files to the mod such as walls or settlement plans.

Scripter - Goes with coding but it can be a little different. The emergence of factions, armies, characters, as well as certain scripts throughout the campaign are needed!

Writer - Yes, we NEED people who want to write! Whether it be faction descriptions, unit descriptions, building descriptions, or maybe an AAR for our fans to read while we develop? We would like to start a dev journal for people to follow progress as well.

Skinner - We currently have nobody that is able to frequently skin for us. If you have experience with skinning units and editing unit textures please, please let us know!

Modeler - We have so many ideas for new graphics. New buildings, settlement plans, campaign map models, and of course units! If you have 3d modeling experience we really need you!

Programmer - This has been by far the toughest for us to find. Must be experienced in C++, but any C language can help. Having knowledge of (x86) is also very useful! The more programmers, the faster we unlock things to feature in the mod!

Beta Tester - Always in need. We do not need someone to join who just wants to play the game and give little feedback. Instead we are looking for those who would like to give detailed reports on what they find through their testing experience!

Administrator - Don't let the title fool you, you won't be the leader! We do need someone who likes to be organized though. Someone who keeps up with team members, makes sure they are active, comfortable, and having a good time, while managing assignments among other duties!

Public Relations - Maybe you like making videos or images from the game? Recruiting people, and being in contact with other mods interests you? If any of these, you could join our PR department, to successfully advertise RTR!

Music/Audio - Do you compose music or like enhancing the sounds of RTW? We are looking for a new soundtrack for the mod as well as fresh new noises!

Concept Art - Do you like to draw? Do symbols, banners, and User interface peak your interest? We are in need of something new here as well!

If you meet any of the above criteria, and want to join our already amazing team, comment below, or send either me, or Mausolos of Caria a message!

That's all for now, Viva Rome Total Realism!

~ahowl11

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: The RTR Project Needs You!

just PM`d you did you recieive?
    :-)

i see you did,
    cheers.
    Last edited by johnswan; June 30, 2014 at 09:30 AM.

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

Where are the permission groups located?
    (forgive my ignorance)

Great Screens! They are in 'My Account'

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

cheers

Edorix's Avatar Civis

I'd like to offer to help as "historian/researcher" for the Celtic cultures, especially the Britons, but can chip in in some areas for Gauls of various descriptions and perspectives on "Celts" in general. Especially linguistic stuff. In any case I'd like to expand my knowledge of Gaul and other Celtic/celticised areas/peoples.

I'm not much of a modder in other respects - only basic things, maps and a few text-based things, dabbled a bit in unit skins.
    ~ Edorix
    Ancient Briton

Please please recruit me. Make me happy. Make me alive. I can offer my help as an historian, beta tester, modeler, skiner, scripter, writer.

Could you show examples of your work? I ask because you are literally brand new to the site.

20ninescene's Avatar Artifex

I would like to help I'm good at coding, balancing unit stats, mapping, skinning, making skyboxes, editing databases, thinking out of the box, e.t.c. I'm currently working on Roma Surrectum III and I overhauled it's battle- and campaign map. here are some previews:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...map-enviroment
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ap-environment
    If you want I can adapt all those stuff to RTR.

PM me and we will discuss.