View Poll Results: Uniform Colors or Mixed?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mixed Colours

50 30.49%
  • Mixed Colours for Most

64 39.02%
  • Uniform Colours for Most

39 23.78%
  • Uniform Colours

11 6.71%
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: General Overview (OLD THREAD)

Default Medieval Kingdoms Total War: General Overview (OLD THREAD)

Credit to The Byzantine for the Logo and Signatures.

Okay so unfortunately Idreaus is very busy with real life issues so he has given control of the mod to me. And as such I am making a new thread so I can have direct control over the opening first post. Now this does make things more flexible but also problematic for a little bit. We need someone to do the campaign map and stratpos editing and such. I'm putting the original info up for now but I am open to changes and adjustments based off what you guys want. I've slightly changed the name to something I personally like better.

This is a Medieval Overhaul for Rome 2. It is going to add new models, textures, animations, siege weapons and more! Here's some WIP information!

RELIGION

-Sunni Islam
    -Shi'a Islam
    -Catholic Christianity
    -Orthodox Christianity
    -Buddhism

PLAYABLE FACTIONS:

-Kingdom of Leon (Kingdom of Spain if confederated)
    -Kingdom of Castile (Kingdom of Spain if confederated)
    -Kingdom of Aragon(Kingdom of Spain if confederated)
    -Kingdom of France (France if confederated)
    -Kingdom of Portugal
    -England
    -Scotland
    -Ireland
    -Republic of Genoa (Kingdom of Italy if confederated)
    -Republic of Venice (Kingdom of Italy if confederated)
    -Kingdom of Sicily (Kingdom Italy if confederated)
    -Holy Roman Empire
    -Kingdom of Denmark
    -Duchies of Poland
    -Prussia
    -Kievan Rus
    -Kingdom of Hungary
    -Second Bulgarian Tsardom
    -Kingdom of Jerusalem
    -The Mongols
    -Latin Empire
    -Sultanate of Rum
    -Principalities of Wales
    -Cuman Confederacy
    -Almohad Caliphate
    -Abbasid Caliphate
    -County of Flanders
    -Duchy of Brittany
    -Empire of Nicaea
    -Empire of Trebizond
    -Ayyubid Sultante

AGENTS NPC:

Dignitaries > religious preachers (Priest etc)
    Agents > Agents (derp)
    Champions > adventurers to explorer the world.

Mod Team:

Leader/Unit Design: Warman222

Unit Deisgn: LTD

Animations: GrudgeNL

Research/Unit Design(?): Brivime

Misc: Lord Giovanni

UI: Rafkos

Open Positions: Anything for campaign stuff.

CREDITS:

Pino69
    Lucas the Benevolent
    Mr. Crow
    Narf
    Dejawolf
    Pacco
    1257 AD Team
    Al Mansur
    Rus 13th Century
    Slytacular
    Paleogios
    Historic Lords Project
    Rusichi Total War
    Marka
    FantasyWarrior
    and others(let me know if I forgot you)

(If I missed anyone please let me know ASAP)

Screenshots and Videos:

Videos:

Screenshots:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Signatures:

Last edited by warman222; August 01, 2014 at 08:41 AM.

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War 1200 AD (New Thread)

Cool! Cen't wait for some screenshots and videos
    modificateurs sans frontičres

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War 1200 AD (New Thread)

Good news, warman. Glad you stepped up to the role of TL and hope to see some more life in this thread. I was about to ask if anyone else is doing the byzantine roster, cause if not, I would do it. I already imported some armours, so cuman and byzantine roster are going hand in hand (not that their units would have much in common). I just like to do different nations at the same time to see some change in style
    I thought Brivime is doing the seljuk and arab roster, but we can adapt to changes, no problem.
    Good choice for the title as well.

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: 1200 AD (New Thread)

Well I though he would let me know what to do and I would make the roster with his guidelines. However that is largely beside the point right now because I'm not doing that until later. No one is doing the Byzantines right now, so go for it. Have you put units together or are you just importing base assets right now for the most part, besides what you sent me?

Also to update where I'm at right now, I've finished upgrading the knights/nobles to the new textures. So now all that's left is the minor kingdom surcoats. Some of these are already done but still. My goal is to have things finished by Sunday because I'm going to be out of town that day to NYC. If all goes well I will be making a trailer showing all that has been done so far. Also as a very rough estimate for release I would love to get the first version of this mod out by the end of summer before I go back to college and get more busy but we'll see.

Thank you for stepping up to the plate, Warman! What's the call for the starting year, then: 1200, 1212, or something else? I will provide a historical map of both years for you to decide what would be more interesting. I'm personally more partial towards 1212, with the struggle for the legacy of Byzantium, a less overpowering England, a more realistic year for Mongol expansion westward, and the stage being set for a massive battle between the allied Christian kingdoms of Iberia and the Almohads, which would literally decide the fate of the peninsula. A 1200 start would mean trying to work the 4th Crusade into the mechanics of a game whose engine is not well suited for multilateral offensive campaigns, besides "Campaign Goals", but even then, those are for at least defensive allies only. That's my opinion, but the decision is yours!

1200: http://geacron.com/en/?v=m&lang=en&z...rp=0&re=0&nv=2

1212: http://geacron.com/en/?v=m&lang=en&z...rp=0&re=0&nv=2

I would also happily step into the role of researcher. This is my favorite period of history.
    Last edited by Lord Giovanni; June 27, 2014 at 09:01 AM.

CREDO IN VNAM, SANCTAM, CATHOLICAM ET APOSTOLICAM ECCLESIAM

Okay, we'll go with 1212 AD, sounds better to me.

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: 1212 AD (New Thread)

Alright guys! I have a video showing off the new and improved knights!

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Looks really good, man. Very life like and great variety. I am normally a nomad faction player, and love to kill off cocky European knights with horse archers, but I actually. can' t wait to run down some flimsy peasants with thoose knights.
    The only little thing, if you allow me, that concerns me a bit are the jousting lances. I am rather unsure as to their usage on the battlefield. I may be wrong ofc.
    Concerning new units: I haven ' t finished any new units, at least not in their complete form, only lots of armours, so go ahead, make your videos.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Just a few suggestions.

Instead of "Spain" name it "Kingdom of Spain" or in spanish "Reino de Espańa".

Same thing for the Franks... Kingdom of France of in French.

And I hope the name for Italy isnt "united Italy". How about Repubblica italiana or Kingdom of Italy in Italian or english to keep it the same as the other names.

Okay thanks for the suggestion, I've updated the OP with those changes.

As we're doing a 1212 start, here is what I think the R2TW map of the greater Middle East would look like (refer to my 1212 geacron link above), and other random musings:

The Kingdom of Jerusalem would only own the regions of Tyre and Cyprus, having lost Jerusalem to the Ayyubids almost 30 years prior to the start date. The Principality of Antioch (minor faction, or playable) would still be in control of the Antioch region. The Ayyubids would control a vast territory stretching from Libya to Mosul, though the Orthodox Ethiopians and Bedouin Arabian tribes provide southern boundaries to their empire. Perhaps we could break down their territories into client states, like the Seleucids were in R2?

In the Aegean and Anatolian regions, The Latin Empire (which should be a playable faction) is still fresh from its formation following the Fourth Crusade, and controls most of Greece and the regions surrounding the Sea of Marmara. However, they will have to deal with public order problems from their Orthodox subjects, as well as the successor states of the Byzantines- The Empire of Nicaea (Which owns the R2 province of Asia), The Empire of Trebizond (Which owns the easternmost region of the R2 Bitynia et Pontus region), and The Despotate of Epirus, (which owns the R2 Apollonia region). These Orthodox states should all be playable and in a military alliance, and confederated back into the Byzantine Empire if one of them becomes strong enough. The State of Bulgaria will also be hostile to the Latin Empire. The Turkish Sultanate of Rum will control the Galatia et Cappadocia region.

Further to the east, the Abbasid Caliphate will only be around the Baghdad and Basra areas, while the massive Khwarezm Sultanate (should be playable) owns almost the entirety of Persia. This realm will need to be united, as the Mongols (who were Tengri at this time, not Buddhist) should be present in a single region on the eastern edge of the map with large armies, ready to conquer westwards, and the Khwarezm will bear the brunt of that invasion.

Also, in Iberia at the beginning: Castile, Leon, Portugal, Aragon and Navarre are in a defensive alliance, and at war with the Almohads. All of those different nations have small, elite armies (Knights, mostly) within supporting distance of a full-stack Almohad army with mostly militia-quality units but some elite units as well, which would still outnumber the combined Christian armies. This encounter will be a little ways east of Cordoba.

Also, I think that Shi'a and Sunni Islam should be separated, rather than it being a single, monolithic religion.

Those are some of my preliminary thoughts. What do you think?
    Last edited by Lord Giovanni; June 27, 2014 at 07:02 PM.

CREDO IN VNAM, SANCTAM, CATHOLICAM ET APOSTOLICAM ECCLESIAM

Will you change the name byzantine empire into the roman empire?

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

For Bulgaria it can be named any number of names:
    Second Bulgarian Empire,
    Second Bulgarian Tsardom,
    Second Bulgarian Kingdom,
    Empire of Bulgarians and Vlachs, whose different variants include:
    --Bulgarian-Vlach Empire,
    --Bulgarian-Wallachian Empire

So pick which ever one you find more attractive. State of Bulgaria is not really a name.

Turk is not a name for a confederated Turkey. Seljuk turks can conquer all of the ME and not confederate. The Ottomans who overthrew the Seljuks did just that.

If you want them to be confederated their name would be Tourkia (Greek), Türkiye (Turkish) or Turkey. However, since the game will never reach modern age I would make it the Turkish Empire. In Persian it could be Turkestan. In Latin: Imperium Turcas. Or my favorite:

Vasíleio to̱n Toúrko̱n would prob be the best choice since it is what the Greeks referred to the Turks as. Or close to it.
    Last edited by MathiasOfAthens; June 28, 2014 at 06:05 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

If you realy need a very good and with deep knowlege , Bulgarian history researcher i am proud to nominate you for this task NikeBG .
    History without mythical and "modern nationalistic" additions that many of us add in our research (or atleast we have the temptation to do).
    In fact i could sugest the entire TGC mod history researching team.
    In this part i concider my self very lucky that i have worked with such people that had the same vision with me ...to present history as it is.
    Norse history Absinthia
    German History Absinthia and mainly FliegerAD
    Croatian history plus serbian and Islamic history research Matthaeus
    Islamic research also Sumskilz
    Romans byzantineclibanophori and neoptolemos

Most of them are still active in TWC and it would be a great help to your mod if realism is your ultimate goal.
    Working with them and with many others in TGC fellowship i can asure you that i learned to many new things about history.
    It was a great journey!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Thanks guys for the insight and clarifications. I'll consider contacting those guys Anthonius, thanks for the suggestion. In regards to accuracy my philosophy is relatively similar to CA's(mix of accuracy and inaccuracy in places) except my idea is slightly more on the accurate side. I am cheating things a little bit to make rosters easier. For instance I have a Zweihander unit for HRE which probably wouldn't of been seen in 1212 AD.

I have some screenshots for you guys! The first ones are from my new and improved billmen and longbowmen. Now at face value they might look differently from what you would expect but I believe that my approach is more accurate. For proof I have compiled some reference pictures I've found that support my depiction.

Now here's some screenshots of the aforementioned units. Please note Steam reduces some of the quality, I'll be doing similar stuff with other nation exclusive units.

Billmen

Longbowmen

Now for good measure I also have some screenshots of a couple of the peasant units in the mod.

xxxMoRaVexxx's Avatar Ordinarius

The peasant unit's double-handed weapons (scythe, axes, mallet) looks kinda cartoonish and not in relative size to the soldiers holding it. Would be a shame because otherwise, everything looks so great. Maybe use the pitchfork weapon as a baseline for making the other double-handed weapons for the peasants.

Keep up the good work, this is one of the mods that I keep looking forward to and checking on the progress .
    Last edited by xxxMoRaVexxx; June 28, 2014 at 10:16 PM.

I've heard similar remarks so I might adjust them as such. It will counter the weight of the issue.

(See the hint?)

Release that mod already !!!! ITS LOOKS SO COOL!!!

Biarchus

Looking at the faction list, have Slavonia, Bosnia, Wales, Vlach and Brittany been dropped? Or are they just not playable?

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast