View Poll Results: Uniform Colors or Mixed?

Voters
164. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mixed Colours

50 30.49%
  • Mixed Colours for Most

64 39.02%
  • Uniform Colours for Most

39 23.78%
  • Uniform Colours

11 6.71%
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: General Overview (OLD THREAD)

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: 1212 AD (New Thread)

Great news!

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

This looks amazing, looking forward to more updates as development continues..

man this byzantine units are BADASS nice in know the models from mount and blade warband from a mod ^^

The mod is #2 at ModDB!

You really need a Hosted Forum, some signature banners and a good video trailer. When you will have the Hosted Forum, real faction previews, with good presentation, screenshots and texts would be good to brought people's interest.

~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Where is the credit list?

You're using a lot of models/textures from Mount and Blade: Warband mods, and a lot of models from the copyrighted Taleworlds game Mount and Blade: Warband as well.

Brivime's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Cozur View Post

You're using a lot of models/textures from Mount and Blade: Warband mods, and a lot of models from the copyrighted Taleworlds game Mount and Blade: Warband as well.
    Ever heard of open source?

Brivime's Avatar Ordinarius

By the way I am doing the North African faction units in Andalusi Arabic which is different to the dialects of the Middle East.

I do not have a source as to what specific dialect the Ayyubids standardized in but given their borders I will be constructing the roster based on known historical military classes, such as the Waffidiya and Malawiyin as well as regional troops unlocked in AOR so Egyptians in Egyptian dialect and Syrians in Syrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Brivime View Post
    Ever heard of open source?
    Just because something is open-source doesn't mean credit doesn't need to be given. There's dozens of open source licenses, and the vast majority of them specify that credit must be given.
    modificateurs sans frontičres

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

If you brows back in this thread and in the other one, you will see I stated each and every time , without exception, the source I used, namely rus XIII century mod and recently the 1257 mod, both mods for M&B and M&B WB respectively. I gave full credit to the creators of those mods, as well as to the members of the Open Source Project for M&B. I was and am very thankful that I have at my disposal such great works.
    If people here like what they see, the units they see, then they know these models and textures are (I can only speak for myself, what I used) form those great mods.
    In the end there will also be a list with credits, rest assured, but as I said I never claimed credit and allways gave credit where credit was due.

Narf, Dejawolf, Lucas the Benevolent, Pino, Lord Calidor, Paleogios, Historic Lords Project, and other OSP contributors on the taleworlds forums. I have always said that from day one, I just admittedly forget to post it as a footer sometimes. I also have done a crap load of texture work and ALL the god damn rigging. Can we please quit bringing this up?

The mod is #1 at ModDB!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ltd. View Post
    If you brows back in this thread and in the other one, you will see I stated each and every time , without exception, the source I used, namely rus XIII century mod and recently the 1257 mod, both mods for M&B and M&B WB respectively. I gave full credit to the creators of those mods, as well as to the members of the Open Source Project for M&B. I was and am very thankful that I have at my disposal such great works.
    If people here like what they see, the units they see, then they know these models and textures are (I can only speak for myself, what I used) form those great mods.
    In the end there will also be a list with credits, rest assured, but as I said I never claimed credit and allways gave credit where credit was due.
    But the textures and models from Rus 13th Century and 1257 AD are not open source. You cannot use them without permission from the creators. Have such a permission been given?

If not, then you're just stealing other peoples work.

I just looked it up and he's right Ltd. What I'm trying to do is get permission from the creators of 1257 and Rus 13 Century. I sent several PMs and made a post on the 1257 forum. If it's a yes you can keep using those assets, if not then you'll have to take out what's not OSP. I can help you replace those things so don't worry. In the mean time don't do anything until this is resolved, okay?

Ltd.'s Avatar Senator

Of course they are not open source. I asked permission in both cases. I asked for permission on the rus XIII c forum almost a month ago, you can take a look here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...,305732.0.html
    I also asked for permission by kuauik and DrTomas regarding the 1257 mod. I have written them PMs. Unfortunately I have received no response from Kuauik yet, DrTomas responded me back that he was, and I quote: the code guy, Kuauik is the art guy... and so the decision is on Kuauik´s part.
    And please, don´t say I was stealing. I was not stealing anything . This mod has not yet been released, it is far away from being released in any form. I am allowed to work on these ( or any) units for my own entertainment, I may also post pictures of it since I mentioned each and every time the sources I used.
    I stated in the clearest manner that these are models and textures form these mods (OSP as well). Anyone who has watched the pictures knew clearly (if he can read) that I did not create the meshes or the textures.
    Also, it is not like you import the models by pressing ctrl +c and ctrl + v. It involves a lot of time, nerves and patience. I also changed the textures in some cases, but I never claimed in any form something being my work that it is not.
    So I don ´t understand where you see a problem.

But many of the models used by Kuauik, as an example, was originally made by the creators of Mount and Blade: Warband, and as such is copyrighted by the company behind that game.

Same thing goes for many of the OSP models.

If you use those models in a Total War game, even if you're adjusting them to fit the TW skeletons, you're breaking copyright law.

Okay now you're being ridiculous, they're open source for a reason. So therefore I will use them, unless told by someone with authority otherwise.

They're open source for Mount and Blade: Warband.

Not necessarily for other games.

Feel free to use them, I won't stop you, but if you upload content using stolen content, you'll probably get banned.

Can you at least clarify what open source models are using original mount and blade models? If I am being pressured to be obnoxiously specific you will do the same or back off. Especially since you're literally the only person to seems to be nitpicking my mod for this despite the fact several other Medieval 2 mods have done this and have been perfectly ing fine.
    Last edited by warman222; July 08, 2014 at 09:08 AM.

Feel free to use them, I won't stop you, but if you upload content using stolen content, you'll probably get banned.
    Nah, many M2TW mods used OSP projects from M&B and never had any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    Can you at least clarify what open source models are using original mount and blade models? If I am being pressured to be obnoxiously specific you will do the same or back off. Especially since you're literally the only person to seems to be nitpicking my mod for this despite the fact several other Medieval 2 mods have done this and have been perfectly ing fine.
    I most certainly do not have to do the same.

You're using copyrighted content. If you cannot figure out what parts of other games you're allowed to port to a Total War game, you might as well give up now. It's modding 101.

Here's a hint though. All the models included in Pinos packs are made by Taleworlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelduin View Post
    Nah, many M2TW mods used OSP projects from M&B and never had any problem.
    Probably because no one ever noticed before.