Page 4 of 291 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Star Wars' discussions

Macunaíma's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: 'Star Wars' discussions

I used to read that comic book series "Knights of the Old Republic". I recall reading all the first story arc, and some of the second. Don't know how many are there now. I thought it was pretty good, but I was practically a kid back then, so not sure if I'd enjoy it today.

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by G-Megas-Doux View Post
    Would have been really good if they red wedinged it and just killed Luke, Leia and Han all at once. It would have forced them to be more creative and I bet it would have increased sales of the book and interest in the next lot they did.
    agree. I think killing Luke would have been a bridge too far, maybe have him killed by an apprentice in its own story. Leia should at least live, but have her become irrelevant. Han solo and chewbacca become irrelevant in the EU anyway except for the Courtship of Princess Leia they are just tag along characters that really have no purpose and should have died in a heroic battle with the Falcon.

"Always thought it would be you… getting killed… saving me or my kids… trying to repay that damn life debt… but I'm going first into the great unknown…"―Han Solo's dying words to Chewbacca[src]
    Han Solo and Chewbacca, respectively the Human pilot and Wookiee co-pilot of the YT-1300 light freighter Millennium Falcon, run afoul of an Imperial fleet after leaving the planet Hovan 99. As they evade a Star Destroyer and several TIE Fighters, Solo takes the Millennium Falcon blindly into hyperspace rather than taking the time to calculate jump coordinates. The ship emerges in an unfamiliar system that contains several planets and moons, and the pair lands on a blue world afterdetecting life on it.[1]
    The ship's rear repulsorlift controls give out on their way into the planet's atmosphere, causing the Millennium Falcon to crash into a forest that reminds Solo of the moon of Endor. As they search for a settlement, Solo and Chewbacca are attacked by a group of Humans who wield spears, bows, and axes. Chewbacca fights them off with his bowcaster and his own strength, but Solo is struck by several arrows and begins to slowly bleed to death. Anticipating that he will not survive, he asks his co-pilot to return him to the Millennium Falcon, where he passes away in the captain's chair.[1]
    126 years later, three Humans make their way through the same forest—an archaeologist named Dr. Jones, his sidekick Shorty, and their guide, in search of a legendary monster that has been sighted in the area. Chewbacca watches from afar as they come across the Millennium Falcon, board the ship, and discover Solo's skeleton. The skeleton feels familiar to Jones, and, rather than continue his search for the monster, he decides to leave it as part of the "great unknown."[1]

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Into_the_Great_Unknown
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

I wish that were canon Condottoire. the consequences of that story would be vast. love that star wars is actually like 200 years in the past and that they can actually find earth if they tryed.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

I thought the Great Hyper Space War, Exar Kun and Nomi Sunrider were pretty dope.
    Sadly Nomi Sunrider was thrown out the window with some vague lawsuit over something no one really knows about. I so prefer the Old Republic eras to most of the stuff available anyhow.

I totally hate how they are doing all of this family crap. So when it isn't the Skywalker family as the only begotten sons of Space Jesus it's according to TOR the great great grand daughter of Darth Revan is really strong in the force too. Why was that even necessary, I mean is that anything anyone really cares about? Does Yoda have really powerful children? Why don't all of these super powerful children of famous Jedi not just take over the universe or something? Like the whole Cade Skywalker thing which I never really liked anyway. New character please, the galaxy is a big place and not everyone has to be related so that I get a nostalgia boner. Also less "Chosen Ones" and galactic Christ references.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    I thought the Great Hyper Space War, Exar Kun and Nomi Sunrider were pretty dope.
    Sadly Nomi Sunrider was thrown out the window with some vague lawsuit over something no one really knows about. I so prefer the Old Republic eras to most of the stuff available anyhow.

I totally hate how they are doing all of this family crap. So when it isn't the Skywalker family as the only begotten sons of Space Jesus it's according to TOR the great great grand daughter of Darth Revan is really strong in the force too. Why was that even necessary, I mean is that anything anyone really cares about? Does Yoda have really powerful children? Why don't all of these super powerful children of famous Jedi not just take over the universe or something? Like the whole Cade Skywalker thing which I never really liked anyway. New character please, the galaxy is a big place and not everyone has to be related so that I get a nostalgia boner. Also less "Chosen Ones" and galactic Christ references.
    Star wars was always meant to be a family thing, even from the very first draft by Lucas. I guess their just continuing on with that line of story. I get it though, not everything need be relevant to the Skywalkers

Obviously, the bacteria are strong in those.

That should be retconned.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    Obviously, the bacteria are strong in those.

That should be retconned.
    I read the first line as Bacta, Im such a star wars nerd

Patrician

^I did too!

I guess the Midichlorians are passed on from the X chromosomes.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I think that it's good to have luke, leia and han back but their roles should be limited.. maybe they can finally give Harrison Ford his wish and allow Han to die.

However, their deaths should mean something when they die. they shouldnt be randomly killed like some extra in the first minutes of the movie. No point in including them at all then.

I'd picture Luke to be the grandmaster of the jedi order, the teacher of a new generation. His role could be about the same size as Yoda's in episode 1. Present here and there, but not big. And in episode 8 he could possibly die in battle, and someone else could become the new grandmaster.. someone who was in episode 7 on the council and would be suitable for it. It would make for a good transition.

Han could get his heroic death, dying to save the lives of others. But how his life is now should be established first. To get a good idea of the person he has become.

With Leia.. theres no telling what direction they go with her. Will she be a jedi or not? maybe she's in politics? Maybe she served a term as supreme chancellor? I gues that if shes a jedi, she'd be on the council since she'd be one of the first to be trained. Maybe she could be the master of a protagionist?

Patrician

I don't mind if Han Solo or Luke die (I mean Quigonn died in Episode 1, Obi-wan in episode 4... anyone else seeing a pattern here? Is Luke going to die in Episode 7?) but it shouldn't be as meaningless as Captain Kirk's death in Next Generation. Seriously no pointless deaths or laughable death scenes.

I really woudnt like to see Leia becoming a jedi. Though yes it may make sense since she's Anakin's daughter after all. I'd prefer if she went back to politics, kinda like what Organa represented in episode 3. While Luke would be all about the new jedi academy she would be one of the main leaders of the new republic.
    I'd picture Luke to be the grandmaster of the jedi order, the teacher of a new generation. His role could be about the same size as Yoda's in episode 1. Present here and there, but not big. And in episode 8 he could possibly die in battle, and someone else could become the new grandmaster.. someone who was in episode 7 on the council and would be suitable for it. It would make for a good transition. Han could get his heroic death, dying to save the lives of others. But how his life is now should be established first. To get a good idea of the person he has become.
    All of this would be a good idea IMO!
    Last edited by Wulfburk; July 16, 2014 at 03:07 PM.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

It has been revealed that some scenes will be filmed on the Irish Island Skellig Michael:
    http://www.irishcentral.com/culture/...ry-island.html

3 days of shooting? Not that much, is it?

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    I really woudnt like to see Leia becoming a jedi. Though yes it may make sense since she's Anakin's daughter after all. I'd prefer if she went back to politics, kinda like what Organa represented in episode 3. While Luke would be all about the new jedi academy she would be one of the main leaders of the new republic.All of this would be a good idea IMO!
    One doesn't have to be all jedi academy to be a jedi. She can be trained and then be in the political field.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Patrician

But what if she uses her force powers to influence other politicians.
    There's a great Jedi conspiracy at work here folks the same conspiracy that had us lose China to the Communists.
    Will all politicians and public servants have to be subjected to rigorous midichlorian testing?

There's a great Jedi conspiracy at work here folks the same conspiracy that had us lose China to the Communists.
    Will all politicians and public servants have to be subjected to rigorous midichlorian testing?
    OH MAN WE LOST CHINA TO THE COMMUNISTS BEFORE WE EVEN EXISTED!
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

jedi mind control only works on the weak minded. so she could probably convince the entire senate to do anything :p

Quote Originally Posted by RedGuard View Post
    jedi mind control only works on the weak minded. so she could probably convince the entire senate to do anything :p
    Well, the idiots in the EU books anyways.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Patrician

You'd think they learned their lesson after Palpatine took over the Republic. I mean he blames the Jedi of some bs charges so the whole galaxy will be ruled exclusively by him and everyone just cheers. Clearly force influence.

Maybe there can be a Jo McCarthy guy who hates Jedi.