Page 15 of 291 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065115 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Star Wars' discussions

Default Re: 'Star Wars' discussions

Because the damn Disney Channel has family standards to live up to. Cartoon Network is where you find Adult frakking Swim after ten pm. Get with the times.
    Im sorry i cant image CN and Disney channel being much diferent regarding this particular issue.
    And i might have been 16 years old last time i watched cartoon network to be honest. Meaning it was long time ago.
    Bothom line Star wars the clone wars was pretty much family friendly. I dont Imagine rebels being that much diferent sorry. All it takes is to not show blood to be PG 13. Star wars the clone wars was Pg 13 if i recall correctly.
    I cant imagine rebels being diferent at all.
    From what i seen from the TV spots and trailers it has the same measure of violence Clone wars had.
    It probably will have the same rating wich is TV-PG-V

If Disney didn't want a family standards show they could've just as easily put this up on ABC like they did, you know, Agents of SHIELD
    hahaha have you watched Agents of shield? Its pretty vannila and family friendly too me. maybe too much imo.
    Watch the trailer for Rebels... you just see a few stormtroopers being killed in an explosion...
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; September 21, 2014 at 05:36 PM.

G-Megas-Doux's Avatar Vicarius

Star Wars isn't family friendly it is Game of Thrones without sex scenes.

Mass Murder
    Magic
    Incest
    Slavery
    Child Abduction
    Evil Ruler
    Rebellion
    Unexpected deaths

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Was looking for a Morrowind sig to use as big fan of the game found this from here so crediting from source http://paha13.deviantart.com/art/Morrowind-259489058

Also credit avatar from.
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/nickyart2/Avatars/Page2.htm

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Magic makes it an adult show?
    Or is magic relevant because it is a comparison to Game of Thrones?

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

And FYI Disney XD did air Naruto Shippuden for a little while and that was rated TV-PG: V. Granted it was edited but it shows that Disney XD will use the PG rating if they need too.

It depends what you do with it
    As age ratings is concerned it has alot to do with violence and how graphic it is. Also some other content, like Nocturn life, drinking, sexualized characters etc. It depends what they picture and how they do it.
    Nothing to do with magic.

For instance, i recently watched The wind Rises (Kaze Tachinu) from Hayao Miyazaki, yes its from Chibli studious, but it isnt a children Film. Not even close. And it isnt graphic on violence or sex or anything of the sort. Its that the content is evidently so adult oriented that is why its Pg-13 rightfully so. And even so i would recon there isnt alot 13, or older teenagers that would get or like the film as much as an adult imo.
    Also a dam travesti that the Frozen ends up with an Oscar and this doesnt.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; September 21, 2014 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Or is magic relevant because it is a comparison to Game of Thrones?
    Well lets see, yes to both answers when we count the use of the magic. There is mind control and violent telekinesis.

Was looking for a Morrowind sig to use as big fan of the game found this from here so crediting from source http://paha13.deviantart.com/art/Morrowind-259489058

Also credit avatar from.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    hahaha have you watched Agents of shield? Its pretty vannila and family friendly too me. maybe too much imo.
    Watch the trailer for Rebels... you just see a few stormtroopers being killed in an explosion...
    It's a show which would never pass muster for the Disney Channel. Have you seen what they aired since Winter Soldier came out? Good god. You have a poor memory. Did you see what they did when Skye got shot in the gut? The threat of torture against Ward by the good guys in the season closer? I'm shaking my head at you right now even though you can't see it. Great family material there. Meanwhile when the guns go off in stormtroopers or the lightsabers hit you you get nothing more than first degree burn marks.
    Last edited by Gaidin; September 21, 2014 at 06:30 PM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Agents of shield is as violent as the marvel movies... and as violent as any star wars film to be honest.. my god i probably was 8 or 9 years old when i wathed Empire strikes back and return of the jedi, with my parents.

But it isnt game of thrones level of graphic violence or the general HBO stuff.
    I find agents pretty bland to be honest.

As rebels go generaly speaking, i dont find it to be much diferent then the clone wars. But we will see. They probably going to stretch it as they can, as i said Disney XD had more violent shows being aired in the past.

What are you talking about. In Empire Strikes Back, Luke kisses his twin sister, Darth Vader cuts off his hand, Darth Vader choke kills an officer under his command, it opens with a rebellion and a major battle on Hoth. There is cruelty to prisoners and a graphic scene of Han being tortured.

In Game of Thrones Jamie kisses his twin sister, his hand is cut off, officials are treated badly by their rulers, the first series ends with a major rebellion. There is cruelty to prisoners Brion of Tarth has to fight a bear.

It is the same.

Also credit avatar from.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Megas-Doux View Post
    What are you talking about. In Empire Strikes Back, Luke kisses his twin sister, Darth Vader cuts off his hand, Darth Vader choke kills an officer under his command, it opens with a rebellion and a major battle on Hoth. There is cruelty to prisoners and a graphic scene of Han being tortured.

In Game of Thrones Jamie kisses his twin sister, his hand is cut off, officials are treated badly by their rulers, the first series ends with a major rebellion. There is cruelty to prisoners Brion of Tarth has to fight a bear.

It is the same.
    You can avoid airing the movies on the Disney Channel while modelling the show how you want. Just saying. Avoid the red herring please. But when he brings up the Storm troopers shooting things and the lightsabers slashing things, in any medium, never more than a first degree burn look. Ever. But Agents of SHIELD, blood when Skye gets shot in the gut. Threats of torture. Oh, Hand getting shot in the face, and the streaming trail of blood. Yea. We gonna make Disney channel for sure without rewriting the episodes!
    Last edited by Gaidin; September 21, 2014 at 08:31 PM.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Episode III Christopher Lee getting decapitated. "Its just a first degree burn." Same with so many Jedi getting their hands chopped off. Episode IV rated Universal viewing and they destroyed a whole planet. Nah just first degree burns. There are people that are clearly represented to be dead in the films. For example we would not show a person die of poisoning and say look he is fine there is no foam at the mouth. Hell episode three shows spousal abuse, murder and multiple graphic executions. Still just a 12A rating. Anakin on the ashen soil missing three limbs and on fire. "Nah, its just first degree burns."

I like Star Wars but lets not pretend that the subject mater is nothing because it is within an awesome adventure.

Also credit avatar from.

Episode III Christopher Lee getting decapitated. "Its just a first degree burn." Same with so many Jedi getting their hands chopped off. Episode IV rated Universal viewing and they destroyed a whole planet. Nah just first degree burns. There are people that are clearly represented to be dead in the films. For example we would not show a person die of poisoning and say look he is fine there is no foam at the mouth. Hell episode three shows spousal abuse, murder and multiple graphic executions. Still just a 12A rating. Anakin on the ashen soil missing three limbs and on fire. "Nah, its just first degree burns."
    No blood coming gushing out of my man Christopher Lee's immediately cauterized neck. So observed. Also, I never claimed the movies would air on the Disney Channel. Just the tv show they were currently writing. The movies are always aired on network television. So avoid the damn strawman you're currently building before I burn it down for the tenth time.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Patrician

Also in the originals there are multiple corpses (even Lukes uncle and aunt are charred fleshy skeletons) and many more mutilations.
    Now increase the mutilations and savage super power violence for the prequels.

I actually have no idea what I'm arguing, but I'm just saying

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Also in the originals there are multiple corpses (even Lukes uncle and aunt are charred fleshy skeletons) and many more mutilations.
    Now increase the mutilations and savage super power violence for the prequels.

I actually have no idea what I'm arguing, but I'm just saying
    Also, I never claimed the movies would air on the Disney Channel. Just the tv show they were currently writing. The movies are always aired on network television. So avoid the damn strawman you're currently building before I burn it down for the ELEVENTH time.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Patrician

It is a strawman, cause I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

But Gaidin, if you attempt to burn my strawman down he would not really be dead he would only be suffering from first degree burns.

Don't worry the movies will be on some other channel as they always are.

You do have to admit though when you look back on the films as a whole the violence and subject matter is surprising. Best moment in all the series though is the Force defenestration of Luke by Vader in Empire.

Also credit avatar from.

It's the approach to mature subjects and issues that distinguish the differences between GoT and Star Wars.

When Alderaan gets blown up, we don'y get to see the the beam striking the surface and the nuclear and volcanic shock wave vapourizing it's inhabitants. All we get is an explosion, a rather regretful expression from Leia and Obiwan feeling a disturbance.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

It is the same.
    No it isnt. The scenes and content are handled diferently. Star wars is very superficial and softcore regarding those issues.
    There was intensity, between Vader and luke scenes, and dark atmosphere, but that was it.
    It is not even comparable.
    Star wars is family, kid friendly, with maybe some scary bits for sensitive people, safe that it always was family oriented. GoT evidentely isnt. I think this isnt even up to debate as far as i know.
    But when he brings up the Storm troopers shooting things and the lightsabers slashing things, in any medium, never more than a first degree burn look. Ever
    And my point is Clone wars wasnt much diferent.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; September 22, 2014 at 03:58 AM.

7 minutes into Star Wars Rebels and 20 Storm troops have meet violent ends. I think we can rest assured it's not TOO kiddy lol.

And the sound effects are awesome.
    Last edited by DarthShizNit; October 03, 2014 at 11:35 PM.

It's Disney alright, they recycled Aladdin.

The Empire lackeys seem more intelligent and have a sense of humour.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Patrician

Yeah I haven't really seen it. I might though who knows. But my Star Wars interest appears to have declined as of late.