Thread: 'Star Wars' discussions

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Default Re: 'Star Wars' discussions

And they're not limited to doing hour Plinkett videos as I've said they've done several that were under half an hour.
    BOTW requires lots of video and audio editing and those are hour long each. They manage to get those out monthly, while doing Half in the Bag. If they really wanted to just crank out Plinkett videos, they could easily replace BOTW with monthly Plinkett.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Piett View Post
    Star Wars canon ended for me on Episodes Six, Return of the Jedi. The later movies are all fan fiction and poor fan fiction at that. The post Episode Six novelization is far more interesting. The only future movies I'd see is a Knights of the Old Republic series centered on when the Sith were as strong as Jedi and the Mandalorian Wars.
    ditto

-----

I did enjoy Rogue One and Solo got an underserved snub. I think the Last Jedi was the last straw for a lot of us. I have no plans to see the "last movie." Star Wars has become a trilogy again for me.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-revealed

First set photo from the Jon Favrau produced live action series "The Mandalorian"

Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun! After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic. The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok). It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.
    Effing Taika Waititi is directing an episode.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

This looks pretty good. But for God's sake keep Kathleen Kennedy out of it.

That is one bad looking dude. It looks like a cross between a Ceylon (sic?) and a Stormtroopers.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    " In addition to Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy and Colin Wilson will also executive-produce, and Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Lined up to direct episodes are Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones, Mr. Robot), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope, Confirmation), Bryce Dallas Howard (co-star of Jurassic World), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok, What We Do in the Shadows)."

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    " In addition to Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy and Colin Wilson will also executive-produce, and Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Lined up to direct episodes are Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones, Mr. Robot), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope, Confirmation), Bryce Dallas Howard (co-star of Jurassic World), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok, What We Do in the Shadows)."

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

so, will they recycle material intended for a a boba fett movie?

I'm not sure anyone knows what's going on there.

The new anime probably is an attempt to pull a Clone Wars and excite, if not reconcile, fans with the new trilogy.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Is the Mandalorian going to pull an Ubese mercenary or Samus Aran and turn out to be a badass woman archetype?

It seems they pulled the plug on the Kenobi movie???

Lucasfilm sent a cease and desist letter to the modders who were making that KOTOR remastered thing. So instead of doing something good Lucasfilm is now pissing off more people. They could have just hired these guys and sold this as a DLC on Steam or something.

Finally Chuck Wendig (of Aftermath infamy) was fired from Marvel (aside from a novel here or there he also writes some of the Star Wars comics) for pissing people off on Twitter. He claims he was fired for being harassed but that doesn't make sense. Basically he went off on people who were criticizing him and swearing at them on Twitter. By his own admission he is a potty mouth with an anger management problem. Though it is not really confirmed other than a statement by Marvel, some have speculated (especially people who really hate Aftermath) that he was let go for being a bad writer... I honestly wouldn't know.

In other news they made another anime sci fi adaptation of Seven Samurai over in Japan.

nah I'm just kidding, this is a fan trailer.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Pedro Pascal (AKA Obyrn Martell) cast as the lead for The Mandalorian.

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/s...es-1203023818/

Good pick
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Star Wars Retardance - Dumb, then Dumber.

At best, it's an experiment in trying a different animation style.

At worst, it's a proof of concept of how much the fanbase can swallow.
    Last edited by Condottiere 40K; November 14, 2018 at 03:11 AM.

Papay's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I never understood the hate towards recent star wars. I think that all recent movies are quite good. People forget that the original trilogy had its dumb moments too. Remember ewoks?

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

re-evaluation of star wars has always been a thing, both for the original and prequels. in ten years, no one will give a damn about the political aspects of the debate anymore. the complaints about wimenz, minorities and evil progressives wont have any meaning without the context of the time they were made.

Senator

At least they didn`t do a christmas special again.

Lucas second guessing himself; though da Vinci worked on the Mona Lisa all his life.

It should be interesting to find out what happened behind the scenes at Lucasfilm, but Disney has to fear that the franchise is already irreparably damaged.

It's the same thing with Lord of the Rings, it's almost inconceivable to have a sequel, but prequels shouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Papay View Post
    I never understood the hate towards recent star wars. I think that all recent movies are quite good. People forget that the original trilogy had its dumb moments too. Remember Ewoks?
    Yes, but Return of the Jedi is considered to be the worse of the original and the Ewoks is a large part of that. In the subsequent movies, it is Ewoks times 10.

I have said this before, but the real difference is character development. In the original, we have Luke, Han, and Leia who we watched developed with each film. The prequels were more like flashes in time of different points of character developments. In other words, we didn't see them developed, we just caught a glimpse at each stage. In the last two movies, the characters are really a mixed group with little or no cohesion with each other. I a not invested in any character, e.g. if Rose had let Finn sacrifice himself, I would not bother me one bit.

Last edited by Condottiere 40K; December 12, 2018 at 05:37 AM.