Page 30 of 291 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930313233343536373839405580130 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Star Wars' discussions

zackstefy's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: 'Star Wars' discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Is that confirmed? I haven't read that much behind the scene stuff tbh

Do we know who is doing the talking?
    Yep, it's kinda' confirmed..there are a lot of concept art leakes and parts of the story
    I don't know who's talking in the trailer, ppl think is benedict cumberbatch or andy serkis

I just kinda assumed that it's either a completely new character or someone from the old movies. Are there any elements of the EU that has been confirmed to be part in this new trilogy?

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The lightsaber is the "Unstable Crystal" from the Force Unleashed (and The Old Republic). The Cross-Guard Hilt also appeared in a Dark Horse Comic book, albeit not quite the same.

EDIT: PS, I'll just leave this here:

Darth Revan:

Adam Driver:

Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; November 28, 2014 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangalore View Post
    Adding crossguards that can cut your fingers off as easily as the enemy's blade is what makes it stupid. Similarily that double bladed light sabre of Maul is really stupid because you have a dangerous pole of energy directed towards your body each time you try to swing or block. While the fight choreographer did his job Maul really limited himself with that thing whatever canon nonsense they came up with. An enemy essentially just has to bludgeon that guy and he will get skewered by his "great" crossguard in the face. The reason for a light sabre being so straight forward and simple is because it is so dangerous to the wearer even in its simplest form. No reason to make it worse.

Trailer looked like typical JJ Abrams fluff tbh...
    Using a lightsaber that can cut you in half was insane, and yet Darth Maul hilariously kicked Obi-wan and Qui-Gon's ass. It's a matter of knowing how to use your weapon when it's a lightsaber. He as much as demonstrated that in episode 1. So don't talk to me about a piddly little cross-guard that can possibly cut fingers off when that thing that could cut the user in half was in the movie and people were loving it and others were moaning for years that there's no crossguard of some sort on a lightsaber. Goodbye Luke's Hand! Maybe not on this forum, but there's been voices. And they've apparently been heard.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    God I love the sound of TIE-fighters in the morning.

BTW, thinking that figure with the sword might be Luke. Black glove on the hand, and that's the one he lost right?
    What? Get out of here ... Luke wouldn't turn to the dark side. ... Right? For the plot, I think that would be very emotional, bit like Anakin all over again (except hopefully less stupid).

Either way, it was a nice teaser.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by IZob View Post
    What? Get out of here ... Luke wouldn't turn to the dark side. ... Right?

Either way, it was a nice teaser.
    There's actually a pretty awesome series of comics that take different things from the movies, change them, and do what ifs. These range from as little as C-3P0 being permanently damaged in Episode V and being unable to translate for Luke in Episode VI, to as big as what is Luke had missed when he fired the Proton Torpedo to blow up the Death Star.

One of them I do believe is "what if Luke had turned to the dark side."

Yeah I know I've read some comic of some sorts that ended with Luke turning to the dark side. Dunno if that was the end of the storyarc though.

Very interested to see them explaining what happened in the gap between VI and VII. I guess the opening crawl might just cover that, but it'll be interesting to see what's up. Has the civil war kept going? There are some Empire vs. Rebel Alliance vibes.
    Last edited by Biggles; November 28, 2014 at 06:03 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Well it's not a story arc, it just does different separate "what if" comics based on different things happening.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Those "what if" scenarios sound interesting, many seem possible across the movies.

such as:
    -What if Anakin did not turn?
    -What if Obi-wan trained Luke and Leia in the force since childhood?
    -What if Dooku killed Anakin in episode 3?
    -What if Luke died in episode 5?
    -What if Dooku did not leave the order and remained a jedi master through the movies?
    -What if Leia was trained instead of Luke?

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    There's actually a pretty awesome series of comics that take different things from the movies, change them, and do what ifs. These range from as little as C-3P0 being permanently damaged in Episode V and being unable to translate for Luke in Episode VI, to as big as what is Luke had missed when he fired the Proton Torpedo to blow up the Death Star.

One of them I do believe is "what if Luke had turned to the dark side."
    There's a pretty awesome formerly(go disney!) canonical series of comics where Luke turns to the Dark Side. He comes back though.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Adam Driver looks like a monkey.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

That Adam Driver dude (famous who?) doesnt looks like a good vilain at all.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

In real life Tim curry is a small man and not at all intimidating either, yet:

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

He does look like a monkey, lol. But he looks just like Revan...

FFS if Revan is in the movies I'm not sure how that would go down, but I'd definitely pay to go see it.

Well if it is indeed Revan, lets just hope he still wears the mask
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Well if it is indeed Revan, lets just hope he still wears the mask
    Forget Luke Skywalker, I want to see Revan vs. Boba Fett.

And the music score should be titled "Battle of the Badasses"

He played a really disgusting and obnoxious character in "Girls". I like the fact that they use some more unknown actors in this, but dunno what to think about him.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Well Star Wars used rather obscure actors in the Prequels: Portman, Christienson, and McGregor weren't very big prior to the movies, but Portman and McGregor are big names now.

As I said: I don't disapprove. Go new stars!

I like that they have a different antenna on the Falcon now, considering the old one was blown off during the attack on the second Death Star.

Just watched the trailer again and something came to my mind about the part I liked least. (the droid)

Perhaps that ball isn't part of the droid, but the droid itself is only the "head" and he is balancing on a round object, moving it around.

Now this I liked even less, because this would be a hint that there would be slapstick comedy in this, like there was in the prequel trilogy.
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens