Thread: Modding trade income

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Default Modding trade income

Hi everyone!

I am wondering how can I mod trade so that the income you get from it is higher? I am tired of having trade routes worth 40 denarii or things like that. I have already reduced base income but I want to compensate that with improving the income trade gives you. Low base income will keep minor factions in check and protect major factions but there needs to be a boost for those that expand and more trade should do the thing.

I have tried modding the values of resources and their demand but that does not change anything in the game! I do not know why either.

So, I need your help in providing me with information on where and what should I mod from the .db files to make trade income greater, for example, from silly 40 denarii which seems to be a basic to 150-200.

Thanks!
    RTWRM - back to basics

Default Re: Modding trade income

Nobody?
    RTWRM - back to basics

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

maybe increase the value of resources?

Hi. Yeah, I did that at first but there seemed to be no real effect. I let the value the same and now I have increased the elasticity of demand by about 0.8 at all the commodities and it seems that instead of 40 something trade routes now I have 90 something trade routes. - DOES NOT WORK!!!

EDIT: I verified some things and actually, I was wrong. Increasing the demand does not change a thing either. I will try to increase the prices by adding a value of 100 to each and I will see if something changes then. - DOES NOT WORK EITHER!!!

EDIT2: I will try to modify the trade demand multiplier from 0.0005 to 0.001 and the trade_route_value_accumulator_proportion from 0.005 to 0.01 and will see what happens.

EDIT3: Well, that did not work either. I really do not know what and where to change but I would certainly do it. It is rather silly to have a 50 denarii worth a trade route but only CA knows why they did this balance.
    Last edited by Petroniu; June 28, 2014 at 05:01 AM.
    RTWRM - back to basics

Try to use building_effects_junction

There are some effects that apply to tariffs.

crzyrndm's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Petroniu View Post
    Hi. Yeah, I did that at first but there seemed to be no real effect. I let the value the same and now I have increased the elasticity of demand by about 0.8 at all the commodities and it seems that instead of 40 something trade routes now I have 90 something trade routes. - DOES NOT WORK!!!

EDIT: I verified some things and actually, I was wrong. Increasing the demand does not change a thing either. I will try to increase the prices by adding a value of 100 to each and I will see if something changes then. - DOES NOT WORK EITHER!!!

EDIT2: I will try to modify the trade demand multiplier from 0.0005 to 0.001 and the trade_route_value_accumulator_proportion from 0.005 to 0.01 and will see what happens.

EDIT3: Well, that did not work either. I really do not know what and where to change but I would certainly do it. It is rather silly to have a 50 denarii worth a trade route but only CA knows why they did this balance.
    Trade functionality is very minimalist compared to what it was in Shogun 2. Commodity prices are no longer variable (and are set in the startpos to make matters worse), and my attempts to reimplement supply and demand functionality only resulted in significant problems.

There are two relatively simple options:
    1) Using either the difficulty or buildings tables, boost tariff income by a percentage. Sadly, this doesn't actually impact the resource itself, so all your trade routes are going to be very similar in value.
    2) (possibly. I can't remember if this worked or not) Increasing the resource value in the startpos. This is still a static value, but you can make it more impactful. Has the usual issues with startpos mods.
    It’s better to excite some and offend others than be bland and acceptable to all
    Creating a mod.pack with PFM - Database Table Fragments