View Poll Results: What Religion to you is the most logical?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christianity (Orthodox, Catholic, Protestant)

18 16.07%
  • Hinduisim (Gaudiya Vaishnavisim, Vaishnavisim, Saivism, Shaktism, Smartism or Vedic Sanatan Dharma)

3 2.68%
  • Buddhisim (Mahayana, Theravāda or Vajrayāna)

17 15.18%
  • Jainisim ( Digambara and or others)

0 0%
  • Islam (Sunni or Shiah)

13 11.61%
  • Sikhism

0 0%
  • Judaism

0 0%
  • Bahaism

2 1.79%
  • Confucianism

4 3.57%
  • Shintoism

1 0.89%
  • Atheisim, (Science prevails)

45 40.18%
  • Asthetic, (Science may prevail, but only god can reveal the full truth)

4 3.57%
  • Greek Mythology

2 1.79%
  • Roman Mythology

2 1.79%
  • Egyptian Mythology

1 0.89%
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Most Logical Religion

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: The Most Logical Religion

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post
    I find it illogical to follow the orders of a long dead dessert warlord, but to each their own eh.
    I follow (or try to follow as much as I can) orders from God. Muhammad is just a messenger, like all messengers before him.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Why do these topics always get offensive. I'm not even religious and what some people are saying about others' religions is offending me...
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

Logic and religion are not meant to be together, i thought that was the whole point. So i find the OP question paradoxal in nature.
    Also for reference paganism is paganism, it doesnt matter if its Norse, Egyptian, Roman, or Greek mythology, just wanted to point that out.

Regardless, if i had to say wich is the more logical concept wise it would be Budihsm. At least it has a goal that can be somewhat palpable, even if debatable. While it requires a belief of something transcendent,its mostly from within self, not some excterior all powerfull entity, or entities.
    Talking about core concepts at least.

BTW Atheism isnt a religion.
    And im Agnostic myself.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; June 27, 2014 at 12:50 PM.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Buddhism does not worship anything nor demand unquestionable faith on something supernature; when there is no faith involved it is not a religion anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Logic and religion are not meant to be together, i thought that was the whole point. So i find the OP question paradoxal in nature.
    Also for reference paganism is paganism, it doesnt matter if its Norse, Egyptian, Roman, or Greek mythology, just wanted to point that out.

Regardless, if i had to say wich is the more logical concept wise it would be Budihsm. At least it has a goal that can be somewhat palpable, even if debatable. While it requires a belief of something transcendent,its mostly from within self, not some excterior all powerfull entity, or entities.
    Talking about core concepts at least.

BTW Atheism isnt a religion.
    And im Agnostic myself.
    Debatable whether or not it requires a belief in anything transcendent given one of its highest values is experience and validation of beliefs/lack of dogma.

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Logic and religion are not meant to be together
    Logic and Religion should be together, however, the personalities of some... (you know) don't want it to be so.
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

" Basics,
    It is equally ludicrous to think that some might get mercy while others don't on the simple basis of how gullible you are, or what special-subjective-magical-revelation/hallucination you might have received."

Himster,

Of course it would be quite illogical and ludicrous if that were how things happened to all them that have been born again of the Spirit of God. The thing is that they know having had that experience something I may say that you haven't which leaves you in a position of making assumptions and false assumptions at that.

" Precisely the same as your religion. They have their own prophets and wise-men, their own creation myths, their own deities and supernatural entities, their own notions of virtue and the soul (different from yours, but equally narrow and closed minded generally speaking), their own prophecies that they claim to have come true, hundreds of thousands of recorded miracles "witnessed" and "testified" to, just like your religion. All these religions claim the same thing including yours: you all claim to have impossible knowledge about impossible things with absolutely no evidence. "

As I have pointed out these myths are a twisted version of the original that God laid down at the fall of man and they only began after the flood whereas the Gospel was proclaimed quite some time before at the act of creation. So yes, they will have their so-called holy men and their so-called prophets but God's word declares them as false. If there is any supernaturality involved with them God's word tells us where that comes from and it's not from Him. As for their miracles, where is it said that the dead were raised like Jesus, Peter and Paul did, that water was changed into wine, that any walked on water as Jesus and Peter did, the Red Sea and the Jordan being parted, manna falling from heaven and many many more? It is written that millions witnessed the Red sea and the Jordan crossing, that thousands witnessed the loaves and the fishes episodes so it's not as though we are talking here about one or two witnesses. By the end of the day of Pentecost some two to three thousand were born again and people actually saw the Spiritual fire that accompanied that event.

" There's a very pertinent saying relevant to this: People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. "

Very true because God also said, " that thinking themselves wise they became fools " why? Because staring them in the face is what God made so that they have no excuse for making assumptions about Him and His people. You're the one living in the glass house old fellow and your the one casting the stones.

" This is the most insane and insipid example of circular reasoning you have ever said Basics: and that is saying a lot.
    "All must bow down to Christ therefore Christ must be God." Are you serious? Are you actually joking? "

Is it really? Well, once again it is written that, " every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord." Now the name Lord in this context means God and because, when this actually happens during the judgement and as only God can judge, it follows that Jesus Christ is God. Yes, the Elohim, plural, the "us" that made man in the image of God. There is nothing insane nor insipid nor circular in repeating that. Some day even you are going to have to accept that fact so wouldn't it be better before death than after when it is too late?

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Blind faith =/= wisdom.
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Like I said; Hinduism is not an religion. It is not the same with all other religions. And that is a true fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    Hinduism is a way of life. Not religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall of France View Post
    Like I said; Hinduism is not an religion. It is not the same with all other religions.
    I think I've heard something like that before, but it wasn't Hinduism, it was...

Islam is not a religion. It’s a way of life that teaches us about our relationship with God, with the universe, and our relationship with ethics with the economy and our political system
    http://www.themalaymailonline.com/ma...kuwaiti-writer

I know and believe that Christianity is not a religion. IT IS A WAY OF LIFE.
    http://www.nairaland.com/174718/chri...igion-way-life

This site empasizes on the fact that SIKHISM IS NOT A RELIGION. Its just a way of life.
    http://karandeep.tripod.com/frame.htm

Being Jewish is not a religion but a way of life for a huge "family" of many races
    http://www.chabad.org/library/articl...rcumcision.htm

Jainism Religion is not a Religion... it is always considered as a way of Life!
    http://www.godrealized.org/what_is_way_of_life.html

“Shinto” itself is not a religion, but a way of life
    http://cultofnyarzir.wordpress.com/2...it-a-religion/
    Quote Originally Posted by Enros View Post
    You don't seem to be familiar with how the burden of proof works in when discussing social justice. It's not like science where it lies on the one making the claim. If someone claims to be oppressed, they don't have to prove it.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Though what hellheaven has said it's absolutely true (I can confirm it for personal experience) in mathematics you can see and feel the beauty (example? Sezione Aurea or Golden Ratio, the theorem reaches the beauty, someone says it's the imprint of the hand of God in the created order, you find the Golden Ratio everywhere in the Universe .... but this is a long story ), nevertheless you cannot reach God through mathematics, God is not a theorem, if God was reachable using mathematics he would be a f.... equation, and your faith wouldn't have any merit, in fact if you can understand God where is your faith? where is your own risk? Where is the mystery of Faith? Let apart logic and find your personal way to your damn deity, if you need it, but please try not to find God understanding him through logic, this is idiotic, any Christian, Muslim, Buddhist would tell you the same. God cannot be measured using Logic and cannot be fully understood, God has to be felt by your soul not understood by your mind.

Look what has to do an Atheist today! Explaining the concept of god to a mass of (a)theists! This is madness! Mala tempora currunt!

Laveyan Satanism option.

Atheism is not a religion.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    Buddhism does not worship anything nor demand unquestionable faith on something supernature; when there is no faith involved it is not a religion anymore.
    Buddhist worship Buddha.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Buddhist worship Buddha.
    Buddhists worship Buddha in the same way that suicide bombing is condoned by Mohammed and guarantees 47 virgins in the afterlife.

Ideally the only thing shown to Buddha is respect. Bowing and sitting in front of a picture of Buddha is respect to the teacher, the teachings and the path of Dharma. Like any religion not every idea that people do is found in the religion. I don't think suicide bombing is in the Qu'ran, nor do I think Buddha proclaimed himself a god or thought people should worship him. It was rather the opposite.

Gripped by fear people go to sacred mountains, sacred groves, sacred trees and shrines.
    Dp. 188

I'm sorry, it appears Mormons are the correct answer

They are definitely the nicest people in the world I mean really, weird.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Phier View Post

No thats not true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post

Wow very adamant indeed. Well to be fair, Dawkins wanted the original wording to be "there is almost certainly no god", but that was considered too long.
    It is true, read The God Delusion and any of his speeches.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane! View Post
    Ideally the only thing shown to Buddha is respect. Bowing and sitting in front of a picture of Buddha is respect to the teacher, the teachings and the path of Dharma. Like any religion not every idea that people do is found in the religion. I don't think suicide bombing is in the Qu'ran, nor do I think Buddha proclaimed himself a god or thought people should worship him. It was rather the opposite.
    Those who actually worship Buddha are normally not Buddhists at all.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Is Buddhism a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe? Then, yes, it's a religion. Same as atheism.
    The Armenian Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Setekh View Post
    Is Buddhism a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe? Then, yes, it's a religion. Same as atheism.
    Right, next time you would start saying nature science is a religion too, and Aristotle was first founder of that religion.