View Poll Results: What Religion to you is the most logical?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Christianity (Orthodox, Catholic, Protestant)

18 16.07%
  • Hinduisim (Gaudiya Vaishnavisim, Vaishnavisim, Saivism, Shaktism, Smartism or Vedic Sanatan Dharma)

3 2.68%
  • Buddhisim (Mahayana, Theravāda or Vajrayāna)

17 15.18%
  • Jainisim ( Digambara and or others)

0 0%
  • Islam (Sunni or Shiah)

13 11.61%
  • Sikhism

0 0%
  • Judaism

0 0%
  • Bahaism

2 1.79%
  • Confucianism

4 3.57%
  • Shintoism

1 0.89%
  • Atheisim, (Science prevails)

45 40.18%
  • Asthetic, (Science may prevail, but only god can reveal the full truth)

4 3.57%
  • Greek Mythology

2 1.79%
  • Roman Mythology

2 1.79%
  • Egyptian Mythology

1 0.89%
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Most Logical Religion

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: The Most Logical Religion

Hinduism is a way of life. Not religion. Even Narenda Modi, the prime minister of India regards this truly.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; June 26, 2014 at 04:15 PM.

Gatsby's Avatar Punctual Romantic

Yves Saint Laurent said fashion was a way of life.
    You'll have more fun at a Glasgow stabbing than an Edinburgh wedding.

Under the patronage of the mighty Dante von Hespburg

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Hinduism. Not sure why the poster has such a high level of admiration of it. As a culture it has largely accepted castes
    Caste system is bad and should go, know this though:

Indian society was caste dominant and people were divided into castes based on their profession. In most cases people belonging to a caste inherited their profession for generations Mahabharata provides evidence of societies where caste was just a matter of personal choice and personality. At MHB 8:45 is the following passage:

"Among the Bahlikas one at first becomes a Brahmana and then he becomes a Kshatriya. Indeed, a Vahika would, after that, become a Vaishya, and then a Shudra, and then a barber. Having become a barber, he would then again become a brahmana. Returning to the status of a brahmana, he would again become a barber. One person in a family becomes a brahmana: all the others act as they like."

In the past 1000-2000 years, the caste system became hereditary and based on birth, Modern Castes are ranked in hierarchical order (originally, the system wasn't to have a hierarchy based on birth but purely on personality; this has been skewed somehow over time)

Like everywhere in this world, India has evil and the skewing was caused by "Brahmins" who shouldn't even be called that as they wanted a social honor system, instead of the status of Brahmin being that of a great person, it over time, transformed into something of a wealth class and this is what Hinduism is, it is sad, but it's not what this thread is about, it is about your opinion of the actual religion and not the orthodox followers, otherwise Christians would call everyone hypocrites, Muslims hate America and Hindus believe in 300 million gods.

The Religion ≠ The People following it and The People's adaptation of it.

So, your opinion on the Religion itself and not the mainstream opinion
    Last edited by Samraat Mahendra Maurya; June 26, 2014 at 07:53 PM.
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

If I tell you all I voted Atheism I hope you all won't be upset with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    Yves Saint Laurent said fashion was a way of life.
    Fashion is the one true god and Yves Saint Laurent is Her prophet. أزياء كبيرة

(For Sharpe)
    Last edited by Col. Tartleton; June 26, 2014 at 10:01 PM.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

You are forgiven
    Last edited by Samraat Mahendra Maurya; June 26, 2014 at 10:07 PM.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

It will be illogical for me to think that there will be other logical religion than Islam, which is not just sets of rituals for certain time but also a way of life started from the moment I open my eyes until I close them. A guidance not just for individuals, but for also for the community, not just for people but for the rulers. A guidance not just for the past, but for present and future which encompass everything, not just for spiritual but also physical.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Religion is a way of life for everyone. Someone posted before that Hinduism isn't a religion, it's a way of life... but that's the same with all religions. I'm not religious, but many of my friends and family are (mostly Catholic, living in Australia I guess that's expected), and I can see how much it influences every part of their life. I'm fine with people being religious, I'm fine with people being atheist. As long as no one condemns another for their beliefs, or people don't say "any religion but mine is stupid, especially those stupid atheist", then I'm happy

And #1 rule, don't look at me and think "I pray he finds god", because you'd be invading my beliefs I don't look at religious people and think "I hope they abandon their god"; the thought itself is just offensive.
    Last edited by Biggus Splenus; June 27, 2014 at 12:40 AM.
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Confucianism
    Not a religion.

Atheisim
    Not a religion.

Shintoism
    Technically not "a" religion, but religions.

Buddhisim
    Debatable but personally I don't consider it as a religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

And #1 rule, don't look at me and think "I pray he finds god", because you'd be invading my beliefs
    Man, i pray that God lifts open your eyes jk

All religion teaches good and we all are supposed to follow our good religions and treat each other kindly with respect. religion is meant to bring us closer to each other and treat each other with love and respect I marvel at how religious people keep fighting each other! "The killing of infidels" and other teachings are just adaptations by man.

I also hear this one a lot: "religion teaches us how to be good, without it everyone would be criminals and wouldn't know what's right from wrong"... yes, that's right, that's what my old school principal use to say it's like people are instantly demonic without religion.

From my experience, which isn't very much mind everyone (so don't get offended) Catholicism has the lowest tolerance for others. That includes sexuality, religions, personal choices, etc. I'm aware that there's Catholics who aren't this cruel-hearted, but that's my experience.

it's like people are instantly demonic without religion.
    People are instantly demonic without principals, morals, ethics and personal values, Religion is there to introduce other more in depth principals of philosophy and cultural values and the teachings of peace, beauty and harmony that are governed by one eternal law (All that begins must end, the reign of the old shogunate is OVER) :p.

Catholicism has the lowest tolerance for others. That includes sexuality, religions, personal choices, etc. I'm aware that there's Catholics who aren't this cruel-hearted, but that's my experience.
    Same thing with me, just remember, there are extremists out there and the religion itself doesn't encourage this extremism, believe me, sometime it's hard for me too, people say stuff like "Swear to your 5 headed demented rat god", "Do you drink Cow piss, you don't smell like it" or other stuff like "Corned Beef or, as Hindus call it, "God in a can." (Ok that one got me laughing, but i was still insulted) Popular view ≠ True Religious view.

Catholicism has the lowest tolerance for others.
    I don't understand why though?

basics's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I think the most important aspect of anything that claims to be a religion comes down to what it is their god promises as an expectation when we die which we all will one day. Not one but Christianity insists that anyone who wishes to get back to God has to have that change in nature before they die, meaning that there is no unsurety when they do die, why? Because in Adam all are sinners and sin must be met and dealt with before death and not ever after.

It is quite ludicrous to propose that God changes His mind at will just to satisfy those of any religion. It's ludicrous to think that some might get mercy whilst others don't on the simple basis of how good your works are. All those other religions are built on that quite directly against what God has to say on the matter. I mean we are talking of heaven where sin cannot enter so how can a sinner get in there whilst still retaining his or her sinful nature? Good works do not change a person's nature, never could and never will. Blood has and always will be the price of sin. Now if that is not the case where did all the sacrificial rituals appertaining to religion emanate from?

Therefore the logic behind religion as religion is quite illogical. From the very beginning God put to the account of the saints that the " seed " Jesus Christ would come and pay the price of sin in blood meaning that when He did come and pay these accounts were cleared. All one had to do was believe that the " seed " would do that, no works involved as it was all free grace on the part of God Himself. But all these others say no, one has to work one's socks off in the hope that God might be merciful meaning that until they die none actually know where they are going. Jesus Christ tells them but that isn't good enough, and yet He is God.

Mohammed promises virgins and the hope of mercy without no materialistic witnessing to back that up. But Jesus says that there is no giving and taking in marriage in heaven so one sees that one is lumbered with many women that they can do nothing with meaning what's the point if not to appeal to the baser elements of man? Aye, and they say He is a prophet yet one that tells porkies. He is the one that said a man must be born again by the Spirit of God and they don't believe there is such a Spirit never mind what a prophet who cannot lie if He is of God. That's religion for you.

Roman Catholics, well one has to muster something of the truth in what they believe. To them the church as they call it has the last word. Children can be sprinkled and priestly invocations made and this is to them what makes Christians. When they die they are sustained in limbo, purgatory, and relatives become the main source by their behaviours of where the departed go. It's the church that makes saints not the act of rebirth as is written because what is written says that everyone born again is a saint. I don't have to go into the Maryolatry thing do I? Another example of illogical religion.

Then there is the reincarnation lot that believe not only were they something else before but will be something else later without a shred of evidence to prove it. It and all the others are no more than alternatives of the true that source back to Nimrod and him being the first man-made deity in the world. And, the source of all that is him that contends with God for the souls of men, a twisting of Him, the "seed" who actually did contend for the souls of men and won on a cross at Golgotha some 2,000 odd years ago, and, who awaits the call to judge the world for all its illogical thoughts and doings.

Not a Pope, nor Mohammed, nor Allah, nor Buddha, nor any other, just Him who created all things and Him that all men and women must bow down to as being the Lord Jesus Christ, in and by confession. As only God can judge, can justify, then the logical uptake is that Jesus Christ must be God. Job once said that he knows, " my Redeemer liveth," and by golly He does. He's never changed no matter what the illogical think and the clue is in the word, Redeemer.

Quote Originally Posted by KleenClothMaurya View Post
    People are instantly demonic without principals, morals, ethics and personal values, Religion is there to introduce other more in depth principals of philosophy and cultural values and the teachings of peace, beauty and harmony that are governed by one eternal law (All that begins must end, the reign of the old shogunate is OVER) :p.
    Nah I'd have to disagree. Many can teach these things, but it might have more of an impact when introduced through religion... I suppose. I mean, people would take their religious teaching more seriously than some random old teacher guy

But a lot of my Catholic friends don't really follow traditional views, and are more inclined to science (while still keeping their faith of course). Example, most believe the Big Bang was real, and that God didn't create the entire universe in 7 days, but instead influenced its creation... if that makes sense

Same thing with me, just remember, there are extremists out there and the religion itself doesn't encourage this extremism, believe me, sometime it's hard for me too, people say stuff like "Swear to your 5 headed demented rat god", "Do you drink Cow piss, you don't smell like it" or other stuff like "Corned Beef or, as Hindus call it, "God in a can." (Ok that one got me laughing, but i was still insulted) Popular view ≠ True Religious view.
    Yeah well, Catholicism being the most popular religion is bound to have the most extremist I guess. But still, seems to be an awful lot of them

I don't understand why though?
    Because their bible says so, I guess. Doesn't really phase me why people are like this, it's just disgusting that they are tbh.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Pythagorian religion
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Col. Tartleton's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Splenyi View Post
    But a lot of my Catholic friends don't really follow traditional views, and are more inclined to science (while still keeping their faith of course). Example, most believe the Big Bang was real, and that God didn't create the entire universe in 7 days, but instead influenced its creation... if that makes sense
    Those are traditional views. Catholics don't take the OT literally. The Big Bang theory is Catholic Doctrine. A Catholic Priest from a Catholic observatory came up with it. Catholics use science to understand what actually happened. Then they assign these events to God did it. Fair enough.

Yeah well, Catholicism being the most popular religion is bound to have the most extremist I guess. But still, seems to be an awful lot of them
    They're in your pubs drinking your Guinness.

Because their bible says so, I guess. Doesn't really phase me why people are like this, it's just disgusting that they are tbh.
    They're just . It has nothing to do with being Catholic. Proper Catholics love the sinners but disapprove of their decision making.
    Last edited by Col. Tartleton; June 27, 2014 at 08:18 AM.
    The Earth is inhabited by billions of idiots.
    The search for intelligent life continues...

Good replies

Himster's Avatar Praeses

It's ludicrous to think that some might get mercy whilst others don't on the simple basis of how good your works are.
    Basics,
    It is equally ludicrous to think that some might get mercy while others don't on the simple basis of how gullible you are, or what special-subjective-magical-revelation/hallucination you might have received.

Then there is the reincarnation lot that believe not only were they something else before but will be something else later without a shred of evidence to prove it.
    Precisely the same as your religion. They have their own prophets and wise-men, their own creation myths, their own deities and supernatural entities, their own notions of virtue and the soul (different from yours, but equally narrow and closed minded generally speaking), their own prophecies that they claim to have come true, hundreds of thousands of recorded miracles "witnessed" and "testified" to, just like your religion. All these religions claim the same thing including yours: you all claim to have impossible knowledge about impossible things with absolutely no evidence.

There's a very pertinent saying relevant to this: People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Not a Pope, nor Mohammed, nor Allah, nor Buddha, nor any other, just Him who created all things and Him that all men and women must bow down to as being the Lord Jesus Christ, in and by confession. As only God can judge, can justify, then the logical uptake is that Jesus Christ must be God
    This is the most insane and insipid example of circular reasoning you have ever said Basics: and that is saying a lot.
    "All must bow down to Christ therefore Christ must be God." Are you serious? Are you actually joking?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are so certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.
    -Betrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    It will be illogical for me to think that there will be other logical religion than Islam, which is not just sets of rituals for certain time but also a way of life started from the moment I open my eyes until I close them. A guidance not just for individuals, but for also for the community, not just for people but for the rulers. A guidance not just for the past, but for present and future which encompass everything, not just for spiritual but also physical.
    I find it illogical to follow the orders of a long dead dessert warlord, but to each their own eh.
    "When I die, I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like Fidel Castro, not screaming in terror, like his victims."

My shameful truth.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

If you're searching for logic why don't you study some mathematics? It would be even more useful!

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

If you're searching for logic why don't you study some mathematics? It would be even more useful!
    It is possible maths is related with Slaanesh... Recent study suggests that brain can identify "beautiful equation"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..