View Poll Results: Would you pre-order another total war?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, absolutly i love CA

6 27.27%
  • no, No way i would trust them again

12 54.55%
  • Depends on how its marketed

4 18.18%

Thread: So when the next toal war is announced (whenever that is)

Default So when the next toal war is announced (whenever that is)

I will absolutely not get it or preorder it tell after it comes out. not even if it looks like the holy grail of the series. They have totally and utterly ruined my faith in them. It pisses me off because STW2 was such a great and polished game (yeah it had problems but just small bugs here and there nothing crazy like this, I would say within the realm of error)

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: So when the next toal war is announced (whenever that is)

sigh, I really hate it when people skew polls like that. Why couldn't you just have yes and no?
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Everybody wrote off CA after empire and refused to trust them. Time is a healer. I don't think napoleon got many sales so they worked really hard on shogun 2. Rome 2 was a walk in the park after the popularity of the first one and of the time period.

I'd expect the next game to be outstanding as I have a theory that sega is starting to see CA as a liability. It's obvious to us that financial forecasts are not being met and after the investment CA got, they need to make a return quickly otherwise they'll be shunned out the door.

We've also got to look at the competition. Ultimate General is a good starting point but people have said they've seen games at E3 which could compete with total war. Competition brings the best out in us and so the mistakes they made in rome 2 will be improved on in their next tw title due to feedback.

If it's a Warhammer game? Nope. I won't buy it at all. Not my thing.

If it's Medieval III? Probably not, but I'll pay attention to the previews. Truth be told, I was expecting Rome II to be half-assed at release, but I still pre-ordered the game. I didn't expect it to be as bad as it turned out, but I knew it would have problems. This isn't my first rodeo with CA new releases. I was just ecstatic that CA was going back to the Ancient World.

A more honest question for me might be: If CA came out with a Rome III, would I pre-order?

Sigh...

Probably, yes.
    “Religious liberty might be supposed to mean that everybody is free to discuss religion. In practice it means that hardly anybody is allowed to mention it.” -GK Chesterton

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Moved from Rome II General Discussions.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

I voted yes. If it's a time era or subject I like, then I probably WILL buy in advance, just like I would with any other games outside this series. Rome 3 or Medieval 3 are absolutely fine with me.

Bought Empire and Napoleon in the sales several years after their release and haven't really played either. Didn't even bother with Shogun 2 - much as I enjoyed Shogun 1 back in the day, the era just doesn't do it for me. For a fantasy game, it depends and I'd have to wait and see.

Α Victorian age TW yes definitely yes. Or anything NEW historical (not a fantasy game).