Thread: No exe in main folder

Default No exe in main folder

Hi all jus wondering if someone can help me out with something, downloaded 2.6 several times, through several different sources but none of these folders contain this exe the install instructions talk about? Opening it in 7zip or whatever really starting to pull my hair out now just don't understand why its not there.. Is there a way to manually install this without it? Even if it takes twice as long.. Everytime I search on how to install it people will say 'just run the exe'.. What exe?! Any help would be greatly appreciated just wanna play it

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: No exe in main folder

Installation instructions :
    -You need a clean RS 2.5 install, either 2.0 + 2.5 patch, or the 2.5 installer. You should be able to install the 2.6 patch over your current install, but if you encounter any issue, please attempt a clean install.
    -Download and extract the 2.6 patch.
    -Open the patch, and go the directory where you can see several folders, including "data" and "Play_***" folders.
    -Copy everything (ctrl-a then ctrl-c)
    -Open your RS 2.5 install folder, and go to the directory with "data" and "Play_***" folders, as well as the game exe(s).
    -Paste everything (ctrl-v). When asked to merge folders, answer yes; when asked to overwrite files, answer yes.
    -You now have a functional RS 2.6 install!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ctum-2-6-patch

Damn sorry I meant to say 2.5 >.< Havnt got that installed yet, cos I cant find the installer exe!

ferike_2007's Avatar Tiro

I don't think you understand, Ive downloaded this multiple times, I have 3 of them in my downloads folder.. what am I supposed to do with the files? It says here:

4 Double click on the installer called Roma Surrectum 2.5.exe (you might not see the .exe part if you have the file extension view disabled in windows).

This is where I come unstuck, I cant for the life of me find this exe, ive checked all the folders inside - It isn't there - I've been to control panel and did that file extension thing too, still nothing..

Is there a way I can install this without the installer.exe?

There is an exe called Roma Surrectum II.exe... but it doesn't install its the launcher, when I open it and try and do anything it says it isn't installed so it cant be that one

I think you may have downloaded 2.6 which doesnt do anything alone.
    You need to download 2.5 from here http://www.moddb.com/mods/roma-surre...a-surrectum-25

Then you just update to 2.6 and its done.

ye, i think romanius24 is right, and if you had read the 2.6 thread with installation instructions, there would be no need for this post