Thread: Will it be moddable?

Default Will it be moddable?

I make this thread because I think it will be one of the first questions. The answer is of course YES. It is now though early to define the extend of moddability because the game is still in development as Early Access. You can give ideas on the things you would prefer most to be moddable and we will try to implement as many as possible.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Will it be moddable?

Glad to see this up and running. Being able to mod in new scenarios or even total conversions of battles would be pretty sweet!
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Can't wait to see the difference in gaming between a game made by a disappointed fan who made a game for disappointed strategy fans and a game made by a team of university educated programmers who'll lie on their CV to get the job.

This game is like what Oasis was to rock n roll and that is this game is not letting complex strategy games die out due to the rise of the casual market.

I apologise if this is too early to ask but if there's no multiplayer campaign would it be able to be modded in? Given the amount of time and energy modders put into rome and medieval overhaul mods there's no doubt in my mind they'd be willing to implement a multiplayer campaign mod.

MP project is developing fast and soon we'll start testing it.

kambiz's Avatar Ordinarius

Wish I could support you and your game Darth ,But steam simply doesn't let me so

jaca42's Avatar Libertus

Excellent news comrade !!!!
    Today we fight not for glory! But for each other!

Centenarius

Darth, the game looks very interesting and tactical

I guess that the ability to mod skins is what the napoleonic warfare fans want.

Also, considering the map is hand painted, is it possible to make some terrain and object (houses, trees, rocks) templates to make a new map ?
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    I guess that the ability to mod skins is what the napoleonic warfare fans want.

Also, considering the map is hand painted, is it possible to make some terrain and object (houses, trees, rocks) templates to make a new map ?
    At the moment it would be VERY demanding to do this. But since this I suppose will be liked as modding feature we will think a way to simply allow to users to paint extra texture/height/terrain images and change the map to their liking.

Just bought and downloaded it from Steam.

What a great game ! I have the minor issue of the game freezing when moving around the map, but other than that no issues.

I would love to see Waterloo and Borodino maps if at all possible.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck1966 View Post
    I would love to see Waterloo and Borodino maps if at all possible.
    If no one makes a mod, maybe the people behind the game will make expansions which will let you fight during the Napoleonic Wars, The Great Northern War, American Revolutionary War or any other war with musquets, cavalry and artillery.

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

I was curious about if the game had mods yet and noticed cheat happens is selling cheat trainers for UG:CW, are they just allowed to do that without any contact with the game creator? you have to buy a membership so I suppose it is not a direct exchange but still seems a shady practice.