Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Summer is Coming ~ A bit of Good News ~ No not a release date

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Default Re: Summer is Coming ~ A bit of Good News ~ No not a release date

guess that happens when you jump right into complaint mode

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    Ignoring the 1.0 previews on my channel with thousands of views and the active HS community that continues to use the mod/submods and dwarfs other multiplier communities on Twc? I strongly disagree with your statement.
    I looked at a few of your Youtube videos. They're very impressive and you've gotten a good amount of views on them (not sure how many are fans or random views from people searching for Game of Thrones related things on Youtube). But somehow that hasn't translated to a lot of activity here on the forum and of people popping in to see how things are progressing. You can't spin the fact that no one has responded in this thread for months on end.

In either case, the video preview thread that you just made is precisely the sort of thing you should be doing to reinvigorate interest in this mod. It would be wise to do more of that, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by BrunoLippy View Post

Hello friends I was very happy to see the mod videos. Reacted the hope! I know there is no way of knowing how much work they are having, and I admire them all for the great work. But I have to ask: Why do not you release the material you already have as a BETA 1.0? After almost 7 years of waiting we would be very happy to help you find the possible errors and bugs, so that you will see the closest version of the perfection that you expect. The version 0.53 was incredible to experience even being totally incomplete, the submods that came next, also gave us great moments. I hope you do not understand my misspelled message as a criticism, as I am a fan of all of you and will continue to wait. But it would be spectacular to have the chance to play the BETA we saw in the video and be able to help, making this project better and better. I hope you accept my suggestion and excuse the lousy English and this huge text.
    I would advise that they do the same, but then again I don't know where they are exactly. From what I can tell the settlements and units are all fully fleshed out. They're just doing coding now, it seems. Endless lines of coding that could be perfected later on after a Beta release, no? Am I wrong to think that?

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    guess that happens when you jump right into complaint mode
    Not sure what you're trying to say here. I was making more of an observation about the mod's state of affairs than a senseless complaint (not exactly a ghost town in these parts but I don't see the same level of attention in years past). This is something that should concern you (hence my phrasing "food for thought"). It's not something you should flippantly dismiss, like you seem to be doing here.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

no, the coding cant be done half assed, or the game will crash constantly.

you complained there was no word for a year, right after a new series of previews came out. flippant my butt.

im done with adressing this, its done when its done.

BerryKnight's Avatar Kings Guard Commander

It was bad that the German team stole from this project, but I wish their link was up for a longer amount of time, so more people could download it. From a public standpoint, it would have been better to at least get a taste of what we could see from our own perspectives. Doubtless it would be better if say the 1.0 team released it themselves. If a .75 version, or a .8 version was allowed for the public to use at least, then that would perhaps have kept such things as stealing at bay. But I won’t go into the German team stealing your project. That is not my main cause.
    With respect, Soul does a great job showing us a closer look, but I for one would actually like to play this at some point and I know others are with me on that. I realize that it has been said at least a thousand times for more than two years, but it makes me wonder. When will this actually be competed? People have hoped for it to be done and still do. Others have forgotten however. Many who followed it early on have forgotten, but some remain. Roma Victrix said it better in a post prior, but the masses will continue to question. When you give them not a single viable answer, then they will slowly disperse. Only half I’d wager are being brought back by Soul, and half of them will still give up hope that this will ever be completed.

You don't justify theft by saying "It's fine, everyone can use those stolen goods" nor do you link to the thieves or release unfinished work because of their actions. It'll be done this year or I swear I'll do something to Hanni.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerryKnight View Post
    I wish their link was up for a longer amount of time
    Such links could very easily be reported as promoting illegal activity, so don't expect any such link to remain on this site for long. I'm not even remotely in charge of 1.0 and I cant speak for Hanni (other than my good-natured threats to do upon him undisclosed things should the mod not be done this year) but I for one snarl and spit in the general direction of those thieves. I'd certainly never allow links to them to lay around the forum.

DrEvilsPjs's Avatar Civis

it's been quite clear since the inception of this mod that various members of the team can't take outside criticism when it comes to the time it has taken to make this mod. I realize that the members do this as a hobby, but v0.53 was released in 2010. It's been nearly a decade! For any team, whether it is a legitimate game or modification, 7 years is really crazy to wrap your head around, because it doesn't make sense. That's what really worries me about the mod, because the shady explanation and updates don't justify 7 years!!! This isn't me just trying to complain, but as others have said, you have pretty much killed the following on this mod! Seven Kingdoms, which has only been out for a year, has accomplished a great deal and gained a massive following, which is the same energy that this mod should've captured for the M2TW community, but it didn't. It's just an unfortunate situation all around and makes me sad. I will still be waiting though, i've been at it for 7 yrs and can't give up now!

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

The EBII forum has in it threads that were started in the summer of 2007.
    Do your research to find out when it was released.
    It is an enormous volume of work to port a world into a game.
    The only criticism to this mod's team I am willing to subscribe to is that they won't take any help offered.
    But then again the EBII team was no different.

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvilsPjs View Post
    various members of the team can't take outside criticism when it comes to the time
    I've always found that there is a defined line between criticism and constructive criticism, the former being often short sighted, ill-informed and/or just plain unhelpful. I have defended this mod for years even before Inarus gave me coding work on it but I do understand the frustration. I often think a lot of it is born of the incorrect belief that 1.0 has been the same team for all these years. It hasn't. It's been through a lot, changed hands at least once and faced legal troubles too. Also, and I've done this before, but do allow me to point out that while Seven Kingdoms is great... it's heavily limited by it's engine and is considerably less work as a result.

I also don't subscribe that it's 'following' is dead, as apparent by the bulk of my viewers and TWC's largest multiplayer community (that I run) that is in part using Westeros:TW.

DrEvilsPjs's Avatar Civis

Thanks for the responses! I'm not sure why EBII was brought into the discussion since we are talking about WTW, but okay that's fine. Anyways, i totally understand that Seven Kingdoms is limited in what it can achieve (obviously can't recreate Westeros in a campaign setting) but it's about the momentum the mod seems to have is why i mentioned it. It seems undeniable to say it doesn't have huge popularity among the Atilla fan base, and i mentioned it because i wish this mod had kept similar momentum. I've always felt as a member of the TW community that i would love to help WTW in any way i can, but it seems like most people are just met with sassy retorts and bitterness. Soul, thank you for making your play through videos, they are great and I can't wait for more! Please keep the community inspired and ready for when 1.0 is released!

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvilsPjs View Post
    I'm not sure why EBII was brought into the discussion. Anyways, it's about the momentum the mod seems to have is why i mentioned it. It seems undeniable to say it doesn't have huge popularity among the Atilla fan base, and i mentioned it because i wish this mod had kept similar momentum. It seems like most people are just met with sassy retorts and bitterness. Soul, thank you for making your play through videos, they are great and I can't wait for more!
    Always happy to have a civil chat. I believe Pal intended EBII as an example of a project that took many years before completion. In regards to Seven Kingdoms if Westeros:TW was limited as such it would've been released many years ago and the momentum is to be expected of a new and shiny project Vs WTW's far older existence. Things will pick up after release. As for the vid's, glad you enjoy them, the purpose is to give one something to chew on until release. You can thank Hannibal for the vid's existence. And if anyone on the team gets 'sassy' when asked "are we there yet?" it's due to that question being repeated so many times and often not kindly.

Repeated, and especially in a judging tone coupled with nothing constructive, you'll find it's no less frustrating than the waiting you chaps have to do. Although I do understand it's equally frustrating.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Do you guys need any assets to speed things up?
    (I do models and textures)

Still occasionally check in and waiting patiently. Agree it has lost momentum but completely in your hands. I am just an end punter who gets to enjoy your creation!

After being bitterly disapointed with Warhammer 1 and how the campaign played out I am keen to see what the sequel looks like and / or refresh my passion for Total War via Westeros. After many many hours of enjoying Medival WAr, original Shogun and Third Age, my passion is waning and nothing quite gives the same joy. Perhaps I am just getting too old and working too hard!

Anyway keep up the good work and fingers crossed we see this soon

Any hint about a release date for 1.0 ? Is it gonna be this year ? I see a lot of new projects and stuff but nothing about the release date. Please throw us something, you guys, we're literally dying to play this...
    I'm not giving up on you and the mod but this waiting is getting too hard to bear, really...

All the best !

Korpskog's Avatar Praepositus

Hopefully this year yes! On the other hand it all depends on how much time our coders have and in the end if the team considers it to be ready for release.
    "Får jag kalla dig Bajen? Det är lättare att komma ihåg..."

You can do it, boys. Code like the virile young stallions you are!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567