Thread: AOR Units........Where is their info?

Default AOR Units........Where is their info?

How can I tell what provinces a particular AOR unit is able to be recruited from?

Default Re: AOR Units........Where is their info?

I don't know an easy way...

Quick and dirty easy is have a look at EDU and identify which factions have ownership of that unit and then guess at AOR general area.

Otherwise look at EDB and see what is required to recruit that unit... building + faction + hidden resource region. Then look up which specific regions are included in the hidden resource region named.

OK Ichon, thanks.
    Looking at the EDB for, say, Alforrats, the hidden_resource is Aragon.
    Now, is it possible to see what regions that encompasses?

I think I can find what units are in fact AOR by doing a quick search for "\nType: Local" of the export_units.txt, but that doesn't tell me where these units are.

Again no quick way...

Open descr_regions in data/world/maps/base/ and you can see every region in game listed (199 in SS)

Code:
    Novgorod_Province
        Novgorod
        russia
        Rus_Capital_Rebels
        241 211 25
        russia, no_pirates, river, capital
        religions { catholic 6 orthodox 70 islam 2 pagan 20 heretic 2 }
    The names in red are the hidden regions Novgorod is part of. So you have to look at the EDB unit recruitment for all buildings and note which hidden regions a unit is recruitable within then open the above file and see which specific regions are a part of that hidden region.

Yeah... it sucks to look up everything this way but it is pretty simple once you understand. Luckily SS doesn't have many AOR units. In SSHIP we are in the process of adding about 20-30 additional AOR units plus models and animations for them... so that is a bit of work. Each unit takes about 15 minutes to add to actually write the lines, double check its correct, then test in game. 5-10 hours of fairly tedious modding work though I hope it makes a nice difference.

The names in red are the hidden_resources the region has.

"russia" will allow Novgorod's units to be built there, "no_pirates" makes it so no pirates will spawn in the lake there, "river" allows the region to build a river port, and "capital" allows Huge Walls to be built.

Local units are identified in the EDU by ", l":

; Hobilars, l

Unfortunately, searching for ", l" will also bring up ", lithuania" and ", lance" and ", low". You can still do it that way but it's faster to scroll down and see which units have ", l". Then you have to find that unit in the EDB and see what hidden_resource it requires, then find which regions have that hidden_resource in D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data\world\maps\base -> descr_regions.txt

There should be one hidden_resource per faction, so it's not that bad.

Thank You k/t.
    That will help.

Why do some of the Scottish Units (Highland Pikemen, Highland Archers, just to name a couple) have hidden_resource england in thier EDB entries?

There are three entries. Two are for Scotland, one is for everyone else. The first of the Scotland ones allows Scotland to recruit the units in Scotland, the other allows Scotland to recruit the units in England and Ireland at a reduced rate, probably to show the migration of Scottish gallowglasses or something.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    There are three entries. Two are for Scotland, one is for everyone else. The first of the Scotland ones allows Scotland to recruit the units in Scotland, the other allows Scotland to recruit the units in England and Ireland at a reduced rate, probably to show the migration of Scottish gallowglasses or something.
    I see. That would make sense.
    It also appears to me that Longbowmen are recruited in Scotland and Ireland by the English as well.

Does any other faction have this triple entry thing?

Well, some units do, since Longbowmen aren't a faction unique unit. They're Local. Saracen Archers and Steppe Alans are the same (and, I'm sure, many others).