Default Warband 80% off on Steam Flash Sale

Warband and MB and DLC
    only around 6 hours left
    Har du inte levt mitt liv
    Vet du ingenting
    Laglöst Land

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Warband 80% off on Steam Flash Sale

I bought the M&B games right before you hinted it, just with that offer. I know that title from the beginning, but never played it, because i thought "hmm ... Indie ... what can they do better than TW etc.".

Now playing Warband, with my own (very little) tweaks modded (with the handy tweak-tool) after some while i started to learn about the game mechanics (but also vanilla is here completely alright imo.).

Anyways, i could bite myself, that i first now discover this fantastic game for myself, because from all strategy games which i know and played in my life, Warband is superior!
    It unites best map based items with character playing and the battle mode is breathtaking hard (and fun), at least for a beginner, even on the easiest difficulty-settings.

I hope TaleWorlds will survive the overall game-developer struggle and will produce still a lot successor games like Warband.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Edelfred's Avatar Semisalis

i bought Skyrim ,at last, after big regret with Oblivion's bugs .
    Bah Skyrim has been super game !!!!
    Then I got Warband M&B and forgot all about Skyrim : )
    Even after single ,while multi is even better
    Har du inte levt mitt liv
    Vet du ingenting
    Laglöst Land

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Well yes, i relatively agree, Warband has everything a strategy/tactics game needs, and especially the battle-mode is unmatched regarding the physics/mechanics, while the battle-AI is tactic-wise not so good (ie. not attacking/defending in formation, which the human player can provide - therefor multi is then superior).

Skyrim is but as well a super-game (while that lives from exceptional good mods).

A mix of Warband/Skyrim would be the ultimative game, imo. (ie. as base Warband-concept plus graphics/world/rpg from Skyrim-concept).

But atm., yes, i forget about Skyrim and also EU IV, both addictive-making games (and forget about TW series anyway compared to these three games) - in whole, Warband rules!
    Last edited by DaVinci; July 01, 2014 at 10:54 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.