Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Unit Creation

Default Re: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Unit Creation

Oh god, lol, dont even answer it, i already found the "issue". The names were greyed out, so i thought i could not click them. Man i feel dumb.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rato View Post
    Oh god, lol, dont even answer it, i already found the "issue". The names were greyed out, so i thought i could not click them. Man i feel dumb.
    Well, glad you sorted it out
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Sebidee View Post
    Well, glad you sorted it out
    Ok, one more thing, lol.

In this screenshot:

You have a lot more tables loaded in your mod template than i have in mine, am i doing anything wrong or that is supposed to be like that?

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rato View Post
    Ok, one more thing, lol.

In this screenshot:

You have a lot more tables loaded in your mod template than i have in mine, am i doing anything wrong or that is supposed to be like that?
    Yes I add more tables later, it's covered towards the end of the tutorial.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Ok, but i cant find that main_units table:

"main_units_tables
    Because of an update to PFM the first table you will have to edit is main_units_tables.

This is a very very very very very important table which I will do in much more detail later. It basically contains all of the campaign stats of your units.

Now to get your unit into the game you need to change only 3 columns. "unit" and "land_unit" are replaced with your unit's name. "unique_index" is more important. This number needs to be utterly unique, not only in the mod or in the game but unique to any other mod that might have been made. I have a system, I put in my birthday 130793 and the number of the unit. Since this is the 79th unit I will create the unique number will be 13079379. (Please, please don't copy this number, it could affect my mods)."

Quote Originally Posted by IHuffwindex View Post
    If I attempt to edit land_unit it just brings down a drop down menu that displays a list of the vanilla units and "Template". That's my problem since I can't find the name I created under unit.
    I have the same problem, did you find a fix?

I can't edit several columns in many tables. Most of the boxes say "Anto_leg" and have a drop down option and I can't right in the box. Have I done something wrong?

You also need to have the unit in units_to_groupings_military_permissions, make sure you have the right culture and a prefix. Unit addons are save game compatible. The sideways pike is because you do not have the right attach point.

Aaaahhh, I had the culture set to 'greek' instead of 'sparta'. No wonder.Thanks!

Durador's Avatar Civis

Hello!

Sebidee i first want to thank you for making the guide!

I have made my first mod but i run to a bit of trouble now.

i have uploaded the mod to steam workshop but i made a mistake for naming the mod: durador mobs redone, instead of durador_mobs_redone. But now if i change the name steam will think this is a other mod. and steam also redownload the mod with the wrong name. Is there a way to change this? Or do i have to delete it from steam and make a new workshop upload for it?

Thanks for the help!

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Durador View Post
    Hello!

Sebidee i first want to thank you for making the guide!

I have made my first mod but i run to a bit of trouble now.

i have uploaded the mod to steam workshop but i made a mistake for naming the mod: durador mobs redone, instead of durador_mobs_redone. But now if i change the name steam will think this is a other mod. and steam also redownload the mod with the wrong name. Is there a way to change this? Or do i have to delete it from steam and make a new workshop upload for it?

Thanks for the help!
    Unfortunately I don't think there is a way of changing the name of the file after uploading it. (But you can change the name as it appears on the workshop). You will have to delete your workshop mod, change the name of your mod and reupload. It's a pain in the ass but if you've only just uploaded it it shouldn't be much of a problem.
    Hey! Check out my mods!

Durador's Avatar Civis

Unfortunately I don't think there is a way of changing the name of the file after uploading it. (But you can change the name as it appears on the workshop). You will have to delete your workshop mod, change the name of your mod and reupload. It's a pain in the ass but if you've only just uploaded it it shouldn't be much of a problem.
    Thanks Sebidee for your quick answer. I have uploaded the good file now. Will delete the other one over a few hours.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=297188002

I couldn't have made my first mod without your guide.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Thanks Sebidee for your quick answer. I have uploaded the good file now. Will delete the other one over a few hours.

Thank you and you're welcome Durador, cool mod too feel free to add me if you have more questions
    Hey! Check out my mods!

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Thank you and you're welcome Durador, cool mod too feel free to add me if you have more questions
    Hey! Check out my mods!

Durador's Avatar Civis

Hi, I am trying to make my own custom officer. But I have a problem with the battle_personalities. In that table you put in "variant" the name of the officer but I can't change that part I can select all other names but my officer name is not there. I can also not type the name in it. So what am I doing wrong?

help i can,t see my unit,s on the battlefield.
    great thanks from holland

Hi, I am trying to make my own custom officer. But I have a problem with the battle_personalities. In that table you put in "variant" the name of the officer but I can't change that part I can select all other names but my officer name is not there. I can also not type the name in it. So what am I doing wrong?
    uncheck the option "combo boxes" on the top right corner.

I've run into an issue with invisible units and it's causing me a fair amount of confusion. I've seen this problem pop up in a number of threads, but I can't seem to find a clear distinct solution besides something being messed up with the variants. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the error. It's also happening for every unit which has me further confused since this is usually a single unit problem.

Here's an image of my units_variants and variants files with the variantmeshdefinitions visible: http://i.imgur.com/0u2NAaa.png

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

It could be a problem with the variantmeshdefinitions themselves, especially since you added several new textures. If the whole unit is invisible then the errors must be near the top. Mind showing a screenshot for them?
    Hey! Check out my mods!

Here it is: http://imgur.com/a/0hCpL#0
    Individual images for each soldier + one image that shows all 4 of the armour parts which go into the soldiers.

Oddest thing is I've used these variants before and they've shown up properly in game.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Ok well at first glance the VMDs look fine. If the rigid models were the issue then the units would still have skin and other vanilla still. It must be in db then, very strange.
    Hey! Check out my mods!