Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Unit Creation

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Sebidee's Complete Guide to Unit Creation

Thank you very much for your great tutorial!

I have an issue howover. I assigned slavic round shield with decals from Assembly to my unit, and it worked good, howeover when I add those files to my pac, the shield and textures, without any editing, it no longer works, my shields turn red for some reason. I was gona retexture the shields, but now they are in my pack, they dont get loaded at all.

I would apreciate any help xD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170814_194057.jpg  

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Press Print Screen/Prt Sc to take a picture of your desktop, then save that image using something like paint/paint.net/gimp/photoshop, and upload it to TWC rather than use your camera to physically take a picture of your monitor?

It is for Attila - Age of Charlemagne, with Mazers Faction Pack also turned on ( as it unlocks Croatia )

I used slav_round_shield with decals, and when I added those files in my pack, as they are in vanilla, without any chages, the shields in game turned into plain red shield. When I delete these files from my pack, and it loads again the vanilla then it works good again, shields have those vanilla variations
    Last edited by Hrobatos; August 16, 2017 at 03:01 PM.

I got it sorted out.

Hello guys!
    Firstly I would like to apologize for my English, because I do not speak the language very well so I'm using google translator.

I started a few weeks ago interested in mods of Rome II so I wanted to know how to add to my mod the "Text" that Sebidee added in his mod because I could not find and I just missed this table.

Thank you very much in advance!

Right at the beginning when i load the uniform the unit doesn't show properly, it's just a "ghost" unit.
    Arms are missing and the face is just grey texture.

Is it because of the new patch?
    What can i do?

I've been adjusting a unit mod of mine for the main campaign; and all i need to figure out is unit upgrading like how hastati and principe upgrade to legionaries after Cohort organisation. Been looking though the DB files and found nothing. Anyone have experience with this?

Nikron's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by acees911 View Post
    I've been adjusting a unit mod of mine for the main campaign; and all i need to figure out is unit upgrading like how hastati and principe upgrade to legionaries after Cohort organisation. Been looking though the DB files and found nothing. Anyone have experience with this?
    It is in the db files and I think it’s called technology_unit_upgrades but I can’t be that sure since I’m not on my pc now. Just go through the db files and you’ll see it, then you choose the technology you want and which unit to be upgraded to what.

I did everything as you said in the tutorial but for some reason my game freezes at the very first loading screen when i test out my mod the first time you test out your mod in the tutorial.
    can i send you my data?

JohnComnenos's Avatar Libertus

I'm new to pfm modding and was wondering if anyone knew that if your mod doesn't work and crashes the game on start up (as mine frequently do) is there any way of finding out what caused it not to work? At the moment, for me, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack and I basically have to start the whole thing again.

JohnComnenos's Avatar Libertus

I'm doing everything you say and yet it just keeps crashing on start up and I just can't for the life of me work out what's wrong.

Sebidee's tutorial is pretty clear, it shouldn't be causing you this much trouble. It taught me to mod.

I don't want to blow my own trumpet, but maybe watching someone create a unit from start to finish will help you. Its for Attila, but should be like 80% applicable to Rome 2.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...H0vp-h__FirQZw
    Episode 5 would probably be the most helpful. Watch the video, pause it at times and do what I say in your own version of PFM so you can see how it all works.

Hello,
    i recently sucesfully created my first melee unit (it was pikes) and today i'm trying to create an archer unit for Rome.

Everything works just fine but for some reason the bows of the archers are invisible.
    They can shoot tho, it then just shows another bow while they shoot; when they are done shooting the bow disappears again and they stand there with empty hands.

Don't really know what i'm supposed to do, i mean i created a custom bow + custom arrows because otherwise you can't change the most important stats of archer units.
    My guess is that the game doesn't have a model for the name i gave it (it's a custom name afterall).

I compared my mod with other mods but they are the same as my mod but still work for some reason.

Can somebody help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Inspexor View Post
    Hello,
    i recently sucesfully created my first melee unit (it was pikes) and today i'm trying to create an archer unit for Rome.

Everything works just fine but for some reason the bows of the archers are invisible.
    They can shoot tho, it then just shows another bow while they shoot; when they are done shooting the bow disappears again and they stand there with empty hands.

Don't really know what i'm supposed to do, i mean i created a custom bow + custom arrows because otherwise you can't change the most important stats of archer units.
    My guess is that the game doesn't have a model for the name i gave it (it's a custom name afterall).

I compared my mod with other mods but they are the same as my mod but still work for some reason.

Can somebody help me?
    Did you create a custom bow and arrow models, or just database entries?
    If you just created custom database entries, you may be using the wrong bow model and animation. Eg using a longbow with "composite bow" animations.
    If you created a custom 3D model for the bow and arrows, you'll have to check out this tutorial. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?734600

could some one help me please. I finished a mod pack but when I loaded is and getting in the game --> it crashed (It said that "VFS error: could not load this mods. look like your mods you have in your data directory don*play well together. consider withdrawing them and reintroducing them one by one to see what the offending combination is Don*forget to share your findings on the forum!") any one know any option to fix this error ???

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by JohnComnenos View Post
    I'm doing everything you say and yet it just keeps crashing on start up and I just can't for the life of me work out what's wrong.
    I'm having the same issue. Did you ever figure out what was wrong? I've been working on this for a week now and same result every time. The game freezes on the first startup screen and I have to completely reboot my PC.

Help from anyone would be much appreciated!

Civis
    Artifex

Hi, can you change dimensions of a vanilla unit when an ability is activated? Say if the want to be able to control vanilla unit formations freely,

Vanda's Avatar Foederatus

hey,
    i really have a strange problem with the shields during the battle.
    iam advanced in modding PFM, but this problem i never cant solve it.
    During battle i move the camera and the pattern/symbol from the shield change her pictures, and thats during the battle... i'm leaving my mind.

created with the vanilla stuff - Assembly Kit for Atilla

U see https://imgur.com/a/J5h4rMl

best regards

Edit: solved for me

I changed the model for shield in Variant Mesh Definition. For that i use one from the mod Ancient empire. <> principes_scuta_03.variantmeshdefinition
    Probleme is gone, but its not a resulotion for the main problem. But solved for me.. that's enough for my plans.
    I think its a problem with the choosen orginal from the Variants Editor, i dont understand why or so..

<SLOT name="shield" attach_point="weapon_03" >
    <VARIANT_MESH_REFERENCE definition="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/principes_scuta_03.variantmeshdefinition" />
    </SLOT>

principes_scuta_03.variantmeshdefinition

u see: we have 5 different variants of patterns for the shields also 5 different shields for the fighting model.

VARIANT_MESH model : Ancient Empires
    Diffuse: Vanilla Original
    Decal: Vanilla Original
    Imposter: Vanilla Original

<VARIANT_MESH>
    <SLOT name="shields" >
    <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/legpolybian_roman_shield_02.rigid_model_v2" decal_diffuse="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/patterns/roman/roman_blank_diffuse" decal_normal="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/patterns/roman/roman_blank_normal" imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/roman_early_scutum.rigid_model_v2" />
    <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/umc02polybian_roman_shield2.rigid_model_v2" decal_diffuse="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/patterns/roman/roman_blank_diffuse" decal_normal="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/patterns/roman/roman_blank_normal" imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/roman_early_scutum.rigid_model_v2" />
    <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/legpolybian_roman_shield_26.rigid_model_v2" decal_diffuse="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/patterns/roman/roman_blank_diffuse" decal_normal="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/patterns/roman/roman_blank_normal" imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/roman_early_scutum.rigid_model_v2" />
    <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/umc03polybian_roman_shield1.rigid_model_v2" decal_diffuse="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/patterns/roman/roman_blank_diffuse" decal_normal="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/patterns/roman/roman_blank_normal" imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/roman_early_scutum.rigid_model_v2" />
    <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/umcofpolybian_roman_shield1.rigid_model_v2" decal_diffuse="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/patterns/roman/roman_blank_diffuse" decal_normal="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/patterns/roman/roman_blank_normal" imposter_model="VariantMeshes/_VariantModels/man/shield/roman_early_scutum.rigid_model_v2" />
    </SLOT>
    </VARIANT_MESH>

Best regards thx for tutorials @all
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails problemtotalwar.jpg  
    Last edited by Vanda; September 07, 2018 at 07:03 AM.

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

Hmm. Was having trouble with this and I went to a modder I have great respect for. He told me the tutorial is out of date and the tables have changed in the latest patches. Maybe that's the reason for all the above posts by those who've had their games crashing at startup using this...?
    Last edited by Skotos of Sinope; September 04, 2018 at 02:45 PM.

Seriously, I don't understand why my game crash when I start, I add prefixes to all the files change, change some unit variant already created in the game, the only things I do, it's created 2 officer and 3 standard bearer and change a unit sword/shield to 2handedweapon, can you help me please