Thread: why is too laggy

Default why is too laggy

Hello everyone,i play SPQR TTW 8.0 with my 8400gs gpu but it is too lag.I try to off everything in option,set up 800x600,unit detail lowest,shadow vv..and in preformance file too...and nothing change. ==" when ever i play batter in setlemen with 10000 troop i wil got 1-10 fps T_T.There is my computer : intel(R)pentium(R) 4 cpu 3.00ghz(2CPUs),2g of ram,directx 9.0c,nividia geforce 8400gs 512mb,all driver update.Can someone please help me ?i very love this game
    p/s:sorry my english too bad,i from vietnam

Hanti's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: why is too laggy

RAM is the key. If you REALLY have only 2 GB of RAM, that is not good. I have 4 GB and it mostly plays well (but not mods plays well with 4 GB, some need MORE).

Default Re: why is too laggy

Basically your CPU may be the problem what model is it? Some have 1.5ghz x2 which gives you 3.0ghz which RTW doesn't recognize 2 CPU's. I use a E8400 3ghz and each core is 3.0 ghz and the game plays fine. Also a GTX 460 or better is the best for playing SPQR with High Rez. RTW is not that optimized so you need hardware. I use 4gb of memory but XP only used 3.37gb for me.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004