Thread: Faction 'Destruction'

TheHylianJuggalo's Avatar Senator

Default Faction 'Destruction'

Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a good while, but since I've recent gotten back into the game with the new release, I was wondering something regarding the infamous 'faction destroyed' status.

It clearly exists in the game, as evidenced by it occurring every time I annex an NPC faction with the absorption choice, but it seems like I can't get it to trigger anywhere else, (and can't find anything on this topic either) as I decimate city after city and stack after stack. The most prime example is the Wizzrobe - take out their church, wipe out the army that spawn between it and Death Mountain, and the only thing 'alive' is their old diplomat, Narrock. Took out the fairies as Labrynna before they could even SPAWN a single agent, and still, no cigar. What's going on here? I ask in regard to the 'hoard' style factions such as Ghoma, Zola, Stalfos and the like, since that's clearly all they do, and I play them as such. Seeing the message at least and the game recognizing that their faction is 'dead' would be extremely satisfying.

TL;DR, is it even remotely possible to literally destroy factions in this mod?
    Michael Scott Meisenhelter - 3/3/1963-11/4/2015
    -Lost, but not forgotten. Baptized by fire.-

When I die,
    Show no pitty,
    Send my soul to Juggalo City.
    Dig my grave six feet deep,
    Put two matches by my feet,
    Put two hatchets on my chest,
    And tell my homies I did my best

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Faction 'Destruction'

I remember posting the exact specifications somewhere, but if I can recall correctly it can take 10 to 20 ingame turns for factions that are "defeated" to be completely "destroyed".

I believe there was the intention for the defeated faction to flare up again and try to reclaim stuff, but currently these "defeated" factions serve as an annoyance, especially when trying to use diplomacy...
    Hibernation State: Playing Nintendo games and working on personal projects.

TheHylianJuggalo's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Faction 'Destruction'

Got it to work, like you said, takes about ten turns per every faction's last defeat. Killed Lizalfos and Lanayru.
    Michael Scott Meisenhelter - 3/3/1963-11/4/2015
    -Lost, but not forgotten. Baptized by fire.-

When I die,
    Show no pitty,
    Send my soul to Juggalo City.
    Dig my grave six feet deep,
    Put two matches by my feet,
    Put two hatchets on my chest,
    And tell my homies I did my best