Edit: Removed parts of the long readme text from this place here. Find this complete readme in the modfolder. Most points are anyway mentioned in this thread/DV
CHIVALRY I Total War
The game spans from 1072 to 1222 AD, and aims to represent the typical timeframe's flavor of the early and high middleage. For example Normans, Reconquista, Crusaders and Saracens, or Seljuks and Byzantines wait for you to getting a virtual life led by you. Choose from 20 playable factions within a medieval world, and experience the very unique gameplay of this modification.
There are two campaigns available to play:
The Rise of the Knighthood - start AD 1072 (in menu via MAIN CAMPAIGN)
The Crusader Epoche - start AD 1099 (in menu via ADDITIONAL CAMPAIGN)
For game details look into the support forums (links below).
5. Last Remarks
- Chivalry is in its own modfolder ( -mod:mymod function, also called 'modswitch').
- The proper installation of Chivalry won't change your original RTW data. That means you can't damage anything of the RTW installation (or BI), and you can play still the original RTW or BI versions (vanilla!).
- The mod can be installed and played parallel to any other mods that don't change the original RTW or BI data, means, have as well their own modfolder which doesn't change the original data (vanilla!).
- The mod should be very stable, if installed properly.
- The modification is exclusively distributed and supported via our online-forums.
- Personal use is free, for any other cases, contact us via our forum at TW Center (and see the subforum 'Free ChivTW Modding for exceptions).
- We do not keep any kind of responsibility, if a user is downloading and installing our modfiles on his computer.
An important gameplay hint:
ChivTW has a certain design unlike to other RTW mods. It contains different AI advantages, or in other words, human player disadvantages (examples: a start script subtracts money from your start-treasury, AI generals are usually stronger than yours, and a starting character trait-penalty is in place).
Those are just gameplay additions to increase the challenge versus the imcapable AI compared to the human player capabilities.
Really a lot people worked on this real total conversion project, which was started at the end of 2004 as a medieval multiplayer battle mod on RTW, and in may 2006 a first campaign release came out (the first total conversion with a working map), which got more than 10000 downloads within 7 days - later servers broke down. Since middle of 2006, DaVinci took over as project leader and led the development to a high degree of a quality mod focusing on the campaign mode, with a lot of historical accuracy, atmosphere and a challenging gameplay - a solid and stable game. See the ingame credits animation, under menu 'Options - Menu - Credits' to view all the people who contributed, and then visit the forum and worship the mod makers.
Main Support-Forum, TW Center: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58
Backup Support-Forum, Modrealms: http://www.modrealms.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40
Enjoy this modification
in the name of the
Chivalry I TW Team
- February 2009 -
# End Readme