Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Steam Summer Sale 2014

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Steam Summer Sale 2014

Is it just me or did most of yesterdays sales suck? I ended up picking up Dishonored GOTY (One of the few good ones) and Rome II (God save my soul). I guess it's a side-effect of owning too many Steam games

4 1/2 hours left on that $20 pricetag for it as well if anyone else is curious. I doubt that it'll go lower than that though. $10 for all of Dishonored.
    Last edited by Turkeys!; June 28, 2014 at 07:17 AM.

Rome II is good now, plus many really good mods have been released.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Only got Skyrim Legendary Edition so far. Had £5.70 in my wallet from selling couter strike guns so basically I got the game for £1.00. Can't go wrong.

Ive been coming extremely close to buying Deus Ex...I already own it for xbox though, but its just so damn cheap. Damn you steam sales!
    Any Veterans of the Afghanistan/Iraq wars join my group. Im trying to get a Veterans group started on here.

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    I bit on Skyrim with all DLC (which I never got) for 13 dollars just due to the sheer value, despite my currently awful PC. I got it to run decent at the lowest graphics after downloading some performance enhancing mods, so hopefully when I get a decent graphics card. My current computer is a 512 mb dinosaur despite the other specs being average to above average. I have to get a new PC for mods, but at least now I have Skyrim for good.
    512 RAM?! Must be a tough ride!

How is that machine even able run Windows 7...?
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

The graphics card is 512 but I think it has 4 GB of RAM. I should've made that a bit more obvious.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Still has more than the Xbox 360.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Really? The 360 doesn't have a 512 MB graphics card? I never knew that. Anyway, does anyone know somewhere really cheap where I can get a decent gaming computer or graphics card so I get full enjoyment out of Skyrim?
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

IIRC the 360 has a 512MB GFX Card. It's the Xbox One that doesn't. (Seriously it has no dedicated graphics card.)

dom385's Avatar Senator

I bought the first dark souls and since the second one is 33% off im assuming its going to go on super sale too, but since the first one apparently takes 100 hours to complete I don't know whether to get the western front expansion for coh instead. By the time I actually finish the first dark souls number 2 might have gone down in price anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post
    Really? The 360 doesn't have a 512 MB graphics card? I never knew that. Anyway, does anyone know somewhere really cheap where I can get a decent gaming computer or graphics card so I get full enjoyment out of Skyrim?
    Even a 550 will play a modded Skyrim at max.

Literally anything even half-way decent by now will be fine

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I've actually bought a lot of stuff this sale. The 3 original Thief games, Max Payne 2, Max Payne 3 Season Pass, Assassin's Creed III Gold, Assassin's Creed IV, ACIV Season Pass, Goat Simulator, Pixel Piracy, and quite a few more games
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

50% off for wolfenstien is pretty impressive seeing as how it came out last month.
    Any Veterans of the Afghanistan/Iraq wars join my group. Im trying to get a Veterans group started on here.

I can package an actual turd for you at 50% it's original price as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mike^_^ View Post
    I can package an actual turd for you at 50% it's original price as well.
    I take it you didnt like the game? I played a little bit of it at a friends house I loved it, I would recommend it to anybody who likes a fun shooter. especially at 50% off

Its linear garbage, the graphics suck, and the plot is gay.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

idk what you're talking about all the games on sale are great, 40% off for goat simulator, what a steal!! /sarcasm
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    IIRC the 360 has a 512MB GFX Card. It's the Xbox One that doesn't. (Seriously it has no dedicated graphics card.)
    No, both the 360 and the XB1 have dedicated graphics cards, but neither have dedicated graphics RAM. PS4 is the same. 360 had 512 MB of universal RAM. PS3 had 256 system RAM and 256 GFX ram and that's what led to games like Skyrim being almost unplayable on PS3.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Lord of Nihilism's Avatar Semisalis

Ended up buying more games than I wanted to this sale, but the financial damage to my wallet is minimal at least. I ended up picking up System Shock 2, Orcs Must Die 2, FTL, Chivalry Medieval Warfare and Baldur's Gate 2 in the past few days. There's still a few more games that i'm waiting to go on sale, mainly Among The Sleep, STALKER and Beyond Good and Evil.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

got pretty much what i wanted. Banished, democracy 3, plague inc, rome 2 and eu4 dlc. No major purchases