Thread: Banners

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

Default Banners

Hey thanks for this amazing mod - what i haven't been able to enjoy however, is the unit banners on the strat map, and the lack of banners showiung garrisons in citys on the strat map.

Is there any way to restore the old way (where i can see full/half full stacks of units in citys and can more easily telll how many units my armies have)

I havent managed to find anything on this forum regarding this, if i missed something addressing this please re direct me.

Thanks.
    Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product.

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Default Re: Banners

It was a complicated process including this feature in the mod and there is no easy way to mod it out. It does take a little getting used too however, and if you have played Rome 2, you would have noticed they have removed the banners from settlements as well. Anyway, hopefully you can continue to enjoy the mod without the banners.

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

Thanks Finn, i do appreciate the effort put in to do this with the banners, and it looks awesome, its just that ease of use for me is a nightmare with it, even the army banners im finding hard to recognise whats a full stack and whats not. I have played rome 2 but the banner thing there doesnt bother me much since i always know no matter what if a enemy army isnt inside a settlement i can take it easy on auto resolve no matter what they have as garrison, where here in good old RTW you could have a full gold chevron stack guarding a settlement.

Not to mention i spent 60% of all the time i have had in TW series playing M2TW and RTW, so it just feels very strange to me.

Is there anyway u can tell me the files that were edited, and then i can go through them and see if i can copy the original RTW entrys back over.
    Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    R2 is a deeply flawed, partially completed, hastily assembled, sub-par product.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

The easiest way is to replace with vanilla files. I think the related file is obviously name banner (with something) in RTR VII data folder. The hardest way (especially if you can't edit graphics) is to edit the actual RTR VII banners itself.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

I had hoped someone know how to do this too?
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.