Thread: Will R2TW be on the upcoming Steam Summer Sales?

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Default Will R2TW be on the upcoming Steam Summer Sales?

I still haven't bought Rome 2 (as this subforum really scared me), but now with all these patches I think I might give it a try.
    Also, I am not going to pay the full price for it. Who would, after all? So with the Steam Sales hitting on the 19th of this month what better opportunity to get this game would be?

But I have several questions:

1) Will Rome 2 be on sale? (I don't really know how these sales work so maybe not all games get their price reduced)
    2) If it's going to be on sale, how much off will it be? 50%, 75%, 33%? I only want to know your opinion.
    3) Last of all, are the DLC going to be reduced too?

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Will R2TW be on the upcoming Steam Summer Sales?

1 no one knows
    2 no one knows
    3 no one knows

we can only guess and that would be yes to all 3.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

why not just wait a bit and see for yourself?

It was just on sale on green man gaming for 30 bucks, still to much IMO. Like two days ago.

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

It was already 50% in the winter sales, 3 months after release

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Yes it will be on the sales, probably not with a massive discount though.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

DaciaJC's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Sebidee View Post
    Yes it will be on the sales, probably not with a massive discount though.
    It was 50 percent off in the winter sale (as eXistenZ noted). I would expect to see to see it with as least that much of a discount in a daily deal/flash/publisher sale.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

I'm hoping for 75% to get my second copy. There will be on sale as the game has been released quite some time. Probably within 12 to 24 hours window. There's somewhere you can subscribe (on Steam) so that if the game you want is on sale you'll recieve email notification especially if you're not the kind who check Steam everyday.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by DaciaJC View Post
    It was 50 percent off in the winter sale (as eXistenZ noted). I would expect to see to see it with as least that much of a discount in a daily deal/flash/publisher sale.
    Its possible it will go -66%, but i doubt it will go lower. I mostly hope the dlc campaigns go on sale, which probably wont be te case, since they werent when gamersgate did their sale last week

I hope for at least 66%, but I hope the DLCs will be on sale too. Actually, I only want the Pirates and Raiders one for the Balkan Culture pack.

Quote Originally Posted by ^OvO^ View Post
    I'm hoping for 75% to get my second copy. There will be on sale as the game has been released quite some time. Probably within 12 to 24 hours window. There's somewhere you can subscribe (on Steam) so that if the game you want is on sale you'll recieve email notification especially if you're not the kind who check Steam everyday.
    You can add it to your wish list. When the price drops you will receive a email.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Without DLCs price discount , DLCs will never make their "money" back..I strongly believe that R2 DLCs are the least bought ones in theentire TW DLCs history!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Without DLCs price discount , DLCs will never make their "money" back..I strongly believe that R2 DLCs are the least bought ones in theentire TW DLCs history!!
    Most of us believe that my friend. It's no secret. To this day there are still some people who can't play the game due to performance issues then there are those who want to only play multiplayer campaigns but can't due to the de syncs.

Does se anyone know how long it will take for rome 2s standard price to drop? How long did it take for shogun 2?

Most of us believe that my friend. It's no secret. To this day there are still some people who can't play the game due to performance issues then there are those who want to only play multiplayer campaigns but can't due to the de syncs.

Does se anyone know how long it will take for rome 2s standard price to drop? How long did it take for shogun 2?
    if you looked up a few posts, you would know that -50% has already happened in December....

The reason Rome 2 dlc's are bought less is because of the bad publicity, most of which is not valid anymore. I wouldn't say that Shogun's faction dlc were worth it either. Honestly, who has played as the tsu, or the other ones, were the faction similarity was so painfully even in the non dlc factions....

Biarchus

Im pretty sure it will get a 75% off sale, however be sure to wait til it's in a daily deal or the last day of sale. Because it might be 50% off and then go into a daily deal at 75%.

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post

The reason Rome 2 dlc's are bought less is because of the bad publicity, most of which is not valid anymore. I wouldn't say that Shogun's faction dlc were worth it either
    And because customers wanted to wait and see the customer reviews first before buying. I wouldn't go as far as saying all the bad publicity is not valid but yes you're right most of the big and small issues are cleaned up now.

So did they cut content in shogun 2 too? I just assumed due to the backlash rome 2 was the first to see cut content plus I thought cutting content and implementing them as DLCs was quite a new concept. One fps game cut out a difficulty and included it in a dlc not too long ago. If we continue to lower our standards who knows how far they'll go. Cut factions and units out and include them in DLCs? One does fear for the future of humanity... and computer games.

Cut factions and units out and include them in DLCs?
    The sarcasm is strong here

It will surely be on sale, the question is how much of a sale. GG and GMG had their summer sales less very recently and R2 was still only 50% off.

I'm guessing it *will* hit 75% at some point during the Steam sale but only for the base game. The dlc and campaign discounts will probably be much lower.

I don't have R2 yet either and have no intention of buying it without a 75% discount.